• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LONDON Super Comic Convention Feb 25-26 2012

725 posts in this topic

Just met Bob Storms and Rich Evans, also met Stryfe1000 for the first time and seen FT, Andy, Rudi, Gary, Imran and George.

This is the best thing to hit the UK. :banana:

Just met Bob Storms and Rich Evans, also met Stryfe1000 for the first time and seen FT, Andy, Rudi, Gary, Imran and George.

Damn I've only seen Bane, Ken Aldred, FT, Bob, Imran, John S, and George.

And I've gotten two Stan sigs, and a Stan photo - looking forward to the Stan panel :)

Gary what time did you arrive? I'll be by yhe comicana booth around 3pm if any one wants to say hi.

Currently in The Fox enjoying a pint.

Gary what time did you arrive? I'll be by yhe comicana booth around 3pm if any one wants to say hi.

Any then maybe head over together for the panel ?

Any then maybe head over together for the panel ?

Sounds good Dave.

Just headed over to the Fox. Successful day overall for Hotflips and myself. Sold all the CGC 9.8 blue and yellow label of the show exclusive almost immediately. Have roughly 40 copies left of the raw. Had a blue label return late in the day by someone who bought multiple, ended up his mate just wanted the raw so we accommodated the swap. If anyone is interested we have one blue label left.

Overall solid sales and great attendance for a first year show. Have to say wish there were more UK dealers but it looks like maybe some went to the show in Cardiff. Stan Lee brought the bodies through the door though which of course helped sales.

Got back from the show a couple of hours ago. Seeing Stan Lee in person both at the signing and the panel was a thrill. You could tell he was having a great time and the attendees certainly gave him a hero's welcome. Really looking forward to getting my signed book back from CGC. Bernie Wrightson was a nice guy too. An absolutely priceless moment happened while I was waiting to meet him. A rather attractive woman asked George Perez to sign her ankle. He happily obliged and proceeded to get down on the floor and start scribbling away. Bill Sienkiewicz leaps up from his booth with camera in hand and makes sure to document this event! Probably the funniest thing I saw all day. I kinda wished I had got those two to sign my convention book. They seemed really cool.

Spent quite a bit of time at the dealers' tables. I went over to Nick's stall but was too shy to say hi. I did however find the courage to ask Harley Yee if I could take a look at the 6 copies of ASM 122 he had with him. I didn't buy anything in the end due to my budget but there were lots of really cool books at this show. I appreciate people like Harley, Bob Storms and Metropolis for making it over here. Let's hope this is the start of a regular thing. I had a really good time and I really must commend everyone involved for putting together such an excellent show. Same time next year? (thumbs u

Got back from the show a couple of hours ago. Seeing Stan Lee in person both at the signing and the panel was a thrill. You could tell he was having a great time and the attendees certainly gave him a hero's welcome. Really looking forward to getting my signed book back from CGC. Bernie Wrightson was a nice guy too. An absolutely priceless moment happened while I was waiting to meet him. A rather attractive woman asked George Perez to sign her ankle. He happily obliged and proceeded to get down on the floor and start scribbling away. Bill Sienkiewicz leaps up from his booth with camera in hand and makes sure to document this event! Probably the funniest thing I saw all day. I kinda wished I had got those two to sign my convention book. They seemed really cool.

Spent quite a bit of time at the dealers' tables. I went over to Nick's stall but was too shy to say hi. I did however find the courage to ask Harley Yee if I could take a look at the 6 copies of ASM 122 he had with him. I didn't buy anything in the end due to my budget but there were lots of really cool books at this show. I appreciate people like Harley, Bob Storms and Metropolis for making it over here. Let's hope this is the start of a regular thing. I had a really good time and I really must commend everyone involved for putting together such an excellent show. Same time next year? (thumbs u

Damn, you should've made yourself known, mate. It would've been good to meet you. :makepoint:

I'm definitely going again next year. I've already told my wife that she's coming with me and that we'll be staying over (no stupid rushing to get out of London and back home like i had to do this year).