• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which site would you consider #1 for buying CGC books

Which site is #1 for buying CGC books  

555 members have voted

1. 1. Which site is #1 for buying CGC books

201 posts in this topic

And I quote:

"BP - Buyer's Premium

A "Buyer's Premium" is charged in addition to the successful bid according to the rate defined in our terms and conditions."

doh!

You don't even have to calculate the buyer's premium yourself, since it shows up whenever you type in a bid amount and before you've committed to your bid. Put another way, you know precisely what you're bidding to pay for the books you place bids on.

I only purchase off these threads, no buyer premium. (thumbs u

Thank you. It's this bizarre attitude that keeps you and a handful of other confused collectors from bidding on Heritage and allows me to acquire books at below-market prices. (thumbs u

You don't even have to calculate the buyer's premium yourself, since it shows up whenever you type in a bid amount and before you've committed to your bid.

Indeed. Still ... Buyers' Premium :o:mad: ... rantrant

Thank you. It's this bizarre attitude that keeps you and a handful of other confused collectors from bidding on Heritage and allows me to acquire books at below-market prices. (thumbs u

+1

Then why do other auction houses advertise their "No BP Policy" ??

You don't even have to calculate the buyer's premium yourself, since it shows up whenever you type in a bid amount and before you've committed to your bid.

Indeed. Still ... Buyers' Premium :o:mad: ... rantrant

You do realize that the buyers' premium affects what the consigner is paid for their books, and not what the bidders pay.

Or perhaps you don't. :devil:

+1

Can't beat the under GPA prices. Especially because most sellers will try to sell the books at what they would receive after ebay takes their fees.

I bid on Heritage and get books from them but it seems like i always pay above market price once the BP is factored in. I'm sure i dont buy nearly as many books from them as you, i think ive only bought maybe 5-6 from them, but every one of them i paid over gpa.

Books i REALLY want, like the TC Avengers 93, i'm fine paying over gpa but most of the other books i bid on there end up too high for me with the BP and i end up as one of the underbidders (shrug)

the BP that heritage charges is a deal breaker, that's why i like comic connect too. just sayin'.

how does this make any sense? the max you want to pay for a book is $100, you bid $83.68.

your logic doesn't make sense. when you see what the book is at, and then you see the BP, that's money you're spending for just bidding on the book. greed is not good all the time, they're making money from the seller and the buyer. eff that!

oh, if it's a moral decision i see your point; i thought you were talking strict economics

I bid on Heritage and get books from them but it seems like i always pay above market price once the BP is factored in. I'm sure i dont buy nearly as many books from them as you, i think ive only bought maybe 5-6 from them, but every one of them i paid over gpa.

Books i REALLY want, like the TC Avengers 93, i'm fine paying over gpa but most of the other books i bid on there end up too high for me with the BP and i end up as one of the underbidders (shrug)

Buy the book, not the pedigree. (thumbs u

From the list of Marvel Silver I'm looking for...I have yet to see one book sell on Heritage for below GPA ( or cheaper than elsewhere for that matter )

Heritage- because of the enormous scans

Sometimes too much detail isn't necessarily a good thing.

If there is too much detail stand back a couple feet. I love the big scans.

lol

I personally buy from Comiclink, and Highgradecomics. Bob has been getting in some really killer stuff lately! Those 2 are my favorites since the selection is the best and well..it's Bob.

I got banned from Metro cause I was trash talking them on here since they answer the phone basically like jerks. I got a phone call from an emotionally insecure grown man practically in tears about my posts about them. he said "Yea you're right,we could be a bit nicer when we answer the phone" I was in the middle of buying a JIM 87 9.2 and got an email saying "Now you're not getting it" and they canceled my order in spite and banned me. They don't know what I look like so I'm free to buy at their table at a convention if I wanted too :)

From the list of Marvel Silver I'm looking for...I have yet to see one book sell on Heritage for below GPA ( or cheaper than elsewhere for that matter )

Perhaps that's because, unlike sales on Comiclink, the sales on Heritage are reported to GPA, and so once a comic is sold there it SETS THE PRICE of the last recorded GPA sale.

This thread make Hulk head hurt.

Perhaps that's because, unlike sales on Comiclink, the sales on Heritage are reported to GPA, and so once a comic is sold there it SETS THE PRICE of the last recorded GPA sale.

This thread make Hulk head hurt.

Huh? What does that have to do with whether or not the price for a book goes above or below GPA?

I couldn't agree more. Buyers premium or not, I've had great deals from Heritage (some the lowest price for a book in a year according to GPA). So what does that tell you about buyers premium?

Everyone else can skip them and leave the good deals for us. :wishluck: