• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which site would you consider #1 for buying CGC books

Which site is #1 for buying CGC books  

555 members have voted

1. 1. Which site is #1 for buying CGC books

201 posts in this topic

Shout out to Dale Roberts! :headbang:

Forgive me for asking but who's Dale Roberts ?

He's a dealer here on the boards.

he's the guy dressed as Colonel Sanders in his avatar :gossip:

I've only dealt with him a couple times but he's a good guy in my book (thumbs u

Shout out to Dale Roberts! :headbang:

Forgive me for asking but who's Dale Roberts ?

He's a dealer here on the boards.

he's the guy dressed as Colonel Sanders in his avatar :gossip:

I've only dealt with him a couple times but he's a good guy in my book (thumbs u

Danke Jason ! (thumbs u

Does Matt Nelson continue his :censored: or has he stopped since he got busted ?

It's still going on under the ID of Ritters

I'm guessing ebay has been notified and "are looking into it" ..

Ebay doesn't give a shet about anything.

Not in this case I guess as more revenue for them... Wankers !!

I don't buy a ton of books, but I have bought 3 books from WWC's website. I dealt with Stephen Ritter via email and haggled him down on all three books. His customer service was exemplary. I never placed a bid on any of wwc's auctions, so I can't comment about the shilling factor.

I've bought a few books from Bob Storms and each time I had an excellent experience. Very quick turnaround time from paying to receiving the book.

I've won a few books from Comiclink and they were fine, a tad slow on delivering the books, but I buy them for my collection and I'm not under the gun to flip them.

I've bought more books from the For Sale section on this site. So far 100% on getting accurately graded books and timely shipping. (thumbs u

I don't buy a ton of books, but I have bought 3 books from WWC's website. I dealt with Stephen Ritter via email and haggled him down on all three books. His customer service was exemplary. I never placed a bid on any of wwc's auctions, so I can't comment about the shilling factor.

Frankly, up until now, I was oblivious to their "darker side".

Great input though ! (thumbs u

And I quote:

"BP - Buyer's Premium

A "Buyer's Premium" is charged in addition to the successful bid according to the rate defined in our terms and conditions."

doh!

You don't even have to calculate the buyer's premium yourself, since it shows up whenever you type in a bid amount and before you've committed to your bid. Put another way, you know precisely what you're bidding to pay for the books you place bids on.

If you're snipe bidding, though, then you better know how much you're bidding with the buyer's premium first. Heritage is a lot more work for that reason. The sales tax is also a pain in the butt. I almost never feel like I've gotten a good deal from them, because the total bill is always significantly higher than the number that I typed when bidding. So it goes. They do have an awesome selection.

I personally buy from Comiclink, and Highgradecomics. Bob has been getting in some really killer stuff lately! Those 2 are my favorites since the selection is the best and well..it's Bob.

I got banned from Metro cause I was trash talking them on here since they answer the phone basically like jerks. I got a phone call from an emotionally insecure grown man practically in tears about my posts about them. he said "Yea you're right,we could be a bit nicer when we answer the phone" I was in the middle of buying a JIM 87 9.2 and got an email saying "Now you're not getting it" and they canceled my order in spite and banned me. They don't know what I look like so I'm free to buy at their table at a convention if I wanted too :)

Surely there's more to this story.

I only purchase off these threads, no buyer premium. (thumbs u

Thank you. It's this bizarre attitude that keeps you and a handful of other confused collectors from bidding on Heritage and allows me to acquire books at below-market prices. (thumbs u

I bid on Heritage and get books from them but it seems like i always pay above market price once the BP is factored in. I'm sure i dont buy nearly as many books from them as you, i think ive only bought maybe 5-6 from them, but every one of them i paid over gpa.

Books i REALLY want, like the TC Avengers 93, i'm fine paying over gpa but most of the other books i bid on there end up too high for me with the BP and i end up as one of the underbidders (shrug)

From the list of Marvel Silver I'm looking for...I have yet to see one book sell on Heritage for below GPA ( or cheaper than elsewhere for that matter )

Perhaps that's because, unlike sales on Comiclink, the sales on Heritage are reported to GPA, and so once a comic is sold there it SETS THE PRICE of the last recorded GPA sale.

This thread make Hulk head hurt.

It seems to me like everything goes for a little under GPA each Heritage auction. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong books, though. However, it also seems like sells on ComicLink are for a little less than GPA and/or the previous sells on ComicLink. Again, we're dragging down our own comic values by not setting reserves in most cases.

Thank you. It's this bizarre attitude that keeps you and a handful of other confused collectors from bidding on Heritage and allows me to acquire books at below-market prices. (thumbs u

I bid on Heritage and get books from them but it seems like i always pay above market price once the BP is factored in. I'm sure i dont buy nearly as many books from them as you, i think ive only bought maybe 5-6 from them, but every one of them i paid over gpa.

Books i REALLY want, like the TC Avengers 93, i'm fine paying over gpa but most of the other books i bid on there end up too high for me with the BP and i end up as one of the underbidders (shrug)

From the list of Marvel Silver I'm looking for...I have yet to see one book sell on Heritage for below GPA ( or cheaper than elsewhere for that matter )

Perhaps that's because, unlike sales on Comiclink, the sales on Heritage are reported to GPA, and so once a comic is sold there it SETS THE PRICE of the last recorded GPA sale.

One thing i REALLY hate about the Heritage Sunday auctions is that every book ends at exactly the same time. I'll never for the life of me understand why its set up that way. It definitely severely limits the number of books i'll bid on. I dont know which ones i'll win and cant bid on later books if i miss out on earlier ones like i can on Comiclink

You have to be ready to bite the bullet. I am frequently amazed at how many comics I win from Heritage Sunday Auctions. It's an easy way to spend a lot more money than you planned to spend.

Huh? What does that have to do with whether or not the price for a book goes above or below GPA?

Unless you compare the prices you've paid on Heritage with historical GPA prices rather than the last recorded sale, you will never find a Heritage buy below GPA.

Having purchased many, many books from Heritage at prices below GPA averages, I assume this must be the flawed approach that leads others to believe their Heritage purchases aren't ever priced below GPA.

Heritage gives you 12 month averages through GPA now. ?

Main reason I don't venture too far from these boards or ebay is, I only have 1,500$ a month or so to spend on comics. I feel like my money wouldn't go as far on an auction site.

You are eating, aren't you? Young men should eat, and I don't just mean ramen noodles and Pop-Tarts. A girlfriend wouldn't be a bad idea, either. :)

+1