• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To my East Coast comic buddies...

144 posts in this topic

Yep, this one is a real monster:

irene-today.jpg

I've been unlucky enough to be in the path of several of these mammoth storms over the years--and have my basement flooded by them--and it's never fun. Even if you live further inland along the forecast track, PLEASE don't underestimate a storm like this. These things can still pack a nasty punch over 200 miles from the center of the storm.

Good luck to all!

Its huge, but barely category 2. :sumo:

Judging by the speed at which they handled the recovery and cleanup of their earthquake, I have all the faith in the world that they'll have no problem with a hurricane. I just want them all to be safe. :wishluck:

Its huge, but barely category 2. :sumo:

I've experienced a Cat 2 storm before and it's no cakewalk.

My front doors almost flew in and my roof was damaged.

Lots of power outages, downed trees and flooding. The storm surge of water can be higher than 10 feet from normal.

I feel for those along the coast and in it's path. Best of luck to all impacted and keep your families and comics safe!

Just got word that my parents got a "mandatory evacuation" in Coney Island. Leaving work early to go get them to leave. They are stubborn and dont want to leave because they are 22 flights up. Im probably gonna just stay there with them.

Just got word that my parents got a "mandatory evacuation" in Coney Island. Leaving work early to go get them to leave. They are stubborn and dont want to leave because they are 22 flights up. Im probably gonna just stay there with them.

At 22 flights up, the gravel roof down the road on the 21st floor rooftop will

be traveling at 100 mph by the time it meets your parents 22nd floor glass

windows. The junk on other rooftops will shatter ALL the glass windows

in a highrise, just as if you were to hang outside with a 12 guage.

Move mom and dad today.