• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does the Forum think about a Lawyer turning a collector away...

381 posts in this topic

What he said :golfclap:

Put me down for a deuce. :applause:

Fiber's kicking in? :wishluck:

When you get my age, the only thing that keeps you going is a glass of Metamucil. :cloud9:

When you get my age, the only thing that keeps you going is a glass of Metamucil. :cloud9:

And a fleet of Fleet. :baiting:

Fleet, for when you can't sheet. hm

And a fleet of Fleet. :baiting:

Fleet, for when you can't sheet. hm

:lol:

mikenyc - seeking opportunities to get indignant since 10/21/10.

Initially I saw the finger wag and "nuts" comment as a little jab... maybe not fully meant to be taken seriously.

The problem is that a new board member may not see it that way and takes the comment as 'good advice'.

That being said, perhaps CAL can still work something out with the boardie who is looking to move the ASM5.

In CAL's defense... if a board member is in good standing and not on any HOS or probation list, they should be allowed every opportunity to be looked upon as a potential buyer.

And finally... threats never lead to anything good. :(

from a Dealer that collects PLODS???

We have FFB on the Grading and Restoration Thread TELLING a newbie-type collector NOT to sell to a certain Boardie that collects PLODS.

Let's see the collective conscious of this Forum now...

CAL who can't wait to see the responses...

Actually, it looks like it has nothing to do with what the dealer collects or doesn't collect.

It appears to be more of a warning on a personal level.

A warning of what?

Personality differences aside, unless Cal has a record of bad transactions with board members (which he doesn't), I don't think that was warranted.

I'd have to agree with this.

Just seems a bit mean spirited.

Replace "Cal" with "Thirdgreenham" as an example, and 80% of these posts change.

Replace "Cal" with "Justin" as the thread starter, and this thread goes for 687 pages.

Replace "Cal" with "Thirdgreenham" as an example, and 80% of these posts change.

Exactly right.

Well, of course. Thirdgreenham didn't start a 32 page thread where the majority of the posts are branding him a lunatic.

Exactly right.

Well, of course. Thirdgreenham didn't start a 32 page thread where the majority of the posts are branding him a lunatic.

That doesn't change the fact that, speaking for myself only, I would have reacted differently to someone saying those things about Andy than I did when the object was Cal. And I am not particularly proud of that. It doesn't really bother me either, but still.

It's pretty simple:

When someone calls you a nut, don't flip out, start multiple threads, make lists of names of other users who seem to either be for you or against you, or behave EXACTLY in that fashion. (shrug)

(Not that I condone the initial comment...) :foryou:

Exactly right.

That doesn't change the fact that, speaking for myself only, I would have reacted differently to someone saying those things about Andy than I did when the object was Cal. And I am not particularly proud of that. It doesn't really bother me either, but still.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Look at Larry. I bet he never failed to follow through on a transaction either. People just don't like him because of his behavior.

Exactly right.

Okay, let's pretend FFB posted the following:

In any event, you should be able to sell the book quickly.

But not to joeypost. That is the worst advice anyone could give you. He presses books.

But not to Metro. That is the worst advice anyone could give you. They over grade books.

But not to World Wide Comics. That is the worst advice anyone could give you. They shill their eBay auctions.

Would any of these statements be acceptable?