• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does the Forum think about a Lawyer turning a collector away...

381 posts in this topic

It was merely this: (tsk)

Which can be interpreted to be anything from a joke to a nebulous admonition. Not something to fly off the handle about.

If you are a non-whack-a-doodle.

You guys are being unfair.

Scott is as stand-up as it gets, but I could see why this would tick Cal off.

I don't see how. What does it even mean? I don't know. Does it mean don't PM Cal about PLODS? I don't know. Maybe he was upset that it seemed like someone was pimping for Cal and he dropped in a (tsk) ? Maybe he wants a shot at it himself? Who frickin knows?

Read the whole thread. doh!

Seems sort of uncalled for to me. Regardless of his....idiosyncrasies....I haven't heard anything about Cal as a buyer that should keep anyone from selling to him.

I agree. I can see how the shot taken was unprovoked.

Comix4fun who enjoys CAL's NFL breakdowns.

I realise that I'm taking my life in my hands here, only being a newb etc but fwiw my take on this is;

1.As far as I know CAL is in no way dishonest and there should be no ethical reason not to deal with him.

2.CAL has a bizarre way of interacting with people on these boards (particularly new members), and is not liked by many (based on my contact with him I would include myself in that category).

This might make people not want to deal with him.

I find myself astonished to say that I can see CAL's pov on this one. Unfortunately it will now probably be blown out of all proportion and turn ugly.

Should be dealt with in private IMHO. (shrug)

FFB just PMed me in his reply.

Two words;

"Don't care".

Now I would love to get his name and be able to look him up via martin hubbingdale...

CAL not happy

Didn't you make a trip to Georgia once to straighten things out with an ebayer?

you mean the man doing time for making terrorist threats against my family?

YES I went and testified, and the nut-job is doing time.

Oh, the FEDS paid my entire way, and I have no regrets.

I have no regrets protecting my family. I can assume you have NO CLUE what two others told you about that incident, but instead of PMing me to ask me if it was true, you are trying to defend FFB???

CAL calls it like he sees it..

I think this is one of those moments where a rational person would stop and look at themselves and try to figure out why he is disliked by so many.

Nah... Calling the cops is probably the reasonable course of action

Two words;

"Don't care".

Now I would love to get his name and be able to look him up via martin hubbingdale...

CAL not happy

I have no regrets protecting my family. I can assume you have NO CLUE what two others told you about that incident, but instead of PMing me to ask me if it was true, you are trying to defend FFB???

Holy Cow...what was he charged with? convicted of?

from a Dealer that collects PLODS???

We have FFB on the Grading and Restoration Thread TELLING a newbie-type collector NOT to sell to a certain Boardie that collects PLODS.

Let's see the collective conscious of this Forum now...

CAL who can't wait to see the responses...

If I were a noob I would appreciate a heads-up. There are some personalities who are constantly poised to be forever offended. Best not to volunteer to become a future offending party, if it can be avoided.

(you asked what people thought.)

FFB voiced an opinion. That's what messageboards are for. (thumbs u

Two words;

"Don't care".

CAL not happy

Holy Cow...what was he charged with? convicted of?

ask comicdonna..who apparently knows a lot about me, despite my good intentions and trying to root for him during his hours of need...

CAL needs to stop trying to be a sympathetic person to those who turn on him....

Btw CAL, why would you assume that because someone is a ditch digger, (or any other type of manual or low paid worker) that they would have less personal integrity than a lawyer or you for that matter?

You are a snob sir, shame on you (tsk)

BRUNO hoping Cal gets an apology.

Ack!! :ohnoez: It's contagious!! :ohnoez:

Comix4fun hoping his Walgreens Flu Shot works on whatever the hell this is. :eek:

Two words;

"Don't care".

CAL not happy

First of all, I have not stated either way if I felt the posts that FFB made were right or wrong. I was only commenting on the post I quoted. You stated publically, not privately that you made a trip to Georgia to Straighten a guy out over an ebay transaction. My point was, there is no point making any threats over this.

Btw CAL, why would you assume that because someone is a ditch digger, (or any other type of manual or low paid worker) that they would have less personal integrity than a lawyer or you for that matter?

You are a snob sir, shame on you (tsk)

we are not talking PERSONAL integrity, dear Sir:

PROFESSIONAL integrity, which a Juris Doctor supposedly is supposedly to be adhered to...

CAL who knows a little about Law...

Two words;

"Don't care".

CAL not happy

First of all, I have not stated either way if I felt the posts that FFB made were right or wrong. I was only commenting on the post I quoted. You stated publically, not privately that you made a trip to Georgia to Straighten a guy out over an ebay transaction. My point was, there is no point making any threats over this.

I cannot find how your 1st post about me going to Georgia has ANYTHING TO DO with the subject matter at hand...

CAL does not allow backpedalling in certain situations...

Two words;

"Don't care".

CAL not happy

I cannot find how your 1st post about me going to Georgia has ANYTHING TO DO with the subject matter at hand...

CAL does not allow backpedalling in certain situations...

You stated you would love to get his name to look him up.

Fine, replace "personal" with "professional" in my post. My question stands.

I did not bring anything up about a ditch digger, I fail to see what that point is...

However, if a ditch digger wants to sell me a PLOD, I would buy it if we could agree on the terms.

Am I telling the truth?

Yes. I willbuy from ANYONE, and I do NOT ask Sellers what they do. If they voluntarily tell me, that is okay. It is none of my business what they do for an honest living.

I WON'T buy stolen or "hot" books, and I HAVEnotified the authorities on the few times those items came my way. have no regrets either.

CAL who has certain standards...

from a Dealer that collects PLODS???

We have FFB on the Grading and Restoration Thread TELLING a newbie-type collector NOT to sell to a certain Boardie that collects PLODS.

Let's see the collective conscious of this Forum now...

CAL who can't wait to see the responses...

Would you feel better if he were a shoe salesman?

How about a NASA scientist?

A ditch digger?

I remember in grade school, the teachers would always warn us that if we didn't study hard and get good grades we would end up as ditch diggers. I had this picture in my head that as an adult, I would be digging a ditch and be so ashamed of myself. That was a long time ago, but I still feel a little self-conscious whenever I tackle a landscaping project.

Flee, working on his issues.

lol +1