• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does the Forum think about a Lawyer turning a collector away...

381 posts in this topic

FFB just PMed me in his reply.

Two words;

"Don't care".

Now I would love to get his name and be able to look him up via martin hubbingdale...

CAL not happy

Didn't you make a trip to Georgia once to straighten things out with an ebayer?

you mean the man doing time for making terrorist threats against my family?

YES I went and testified, and the nut-job is doing time.

Oh, the FEDS paid my entire way, and I have no regrets.

I have no regrets protecting my family. I can assume you have NO CLUE what two others told you about that incident, but instead of PMing me to ask me if it was true, you are trying to defend FFB???

CAL calls it like he sees it..

First of all, I have not stated either way if I felt the posts that FFB made were right or wrong. I was only commenting on the post I quoted. You stated publically, not privately that you made a trip to Georgia to Straighten a guy out over an ebay transaction. My point was, there is no point making any threats over this.

I cannot find how your 1st post about me going to Georgia has ANYTHING TO DO with the subject matter at hand...

CAL does not allow backpedalling in certain situations...

You stated you would love to get his name to look him up.

yes I did... but not to go to the Bay area to physically harm him...

I would treat him like I did Comic Link... I hired a Maine attorney firm to get my comics.

You implied by your posts and replies something irrelevant, and gives the appearance, without your opinion either way as you previously said, that you are trying to pin something on me. Looks like a replay of the online garbage I warned everyone about that will go on for at least ten years???

CAL who can turn the tables and out anyone...

Scott:

This is to you as somebody who's company I enjoy.

You might want to reconsider your post. CAL's a bit odd, but his money is very good, he pays promptly, and there's never a problem.

So says FlyingDonut who doesn't really want to get into this, but is going to enjoy the next thousand posts.

Actually, I am a bit surprised that a lawyer would say something like this in an open forum. Is that slander or liable? hm

Libel. The printed word.

FFB thinks that I can't do anything about it, or won't.

Made a mistake.

CAL who needed to be perfect in real life to get to where he is today...

It was merely this: (tsk)

Which can be interpreted to be anything from a joke to a nebulous admonition. Not something to fly off the handle about.

If you are a non-whack-a-doodle.

You guys are being unfair.

Scott is as stand-up as it gets, but I could see why this would tick Cal off.

I don't see how. What does it even mean? I don't know. Does it mean don't PM Cal about PLODS? I don't know. Maybe he was upset that it seemed like someone was pimping for Cal and he dropped in a (tsk) ? Maybe he wants a shot at it himself? Who frickin knows?

Read the whole thread. doh!

Seems sort of uncalled for to me. Regardless of his....idiosyncrasies....I haven't heard anything about Cal as a buyer that should keep anyone from selling to him.

Andy,

You are right. All I saw was the finger wagging emoticon. Cal has bought from me before and his $$ was good.

Actually, I am a bit surprised that a lawyer would say something like this in an open forum. Is that slander or liable? hm

Libel. The printed word.

Made a mistake.

Shame your spelling isn't perfect :ohnoez:

Scott:

This is to you as somebody who's company I enjoy.

You might want to reconsider your post. CAL's a bit odd, but his money is very good, he pays promptly, and there's never a problem.

So says FlyingDonut who doesn't really want to get into this, but is going to enjoy the next thousand posts.

+1

FFB just PMed me in his reply.

Two words;

"Don't care".

Now I would love to get his name and be able to look him up via martin hubbingdale...

CAL not happy

Didn't you make a trip to Georgia once to straighten things out with an ebayer?

you mean the man doing time for making terrorist threats against my family?

YES I went and testified, and the nut-job is doing time.

Oh, the FEDS paid my entire way, and I have no regrets.

I have no regrets protecting my family. I can assume you have NO CLUE what two others told you about that incident, but instead of PMing me to ask me if it was true, you are trying to defend FFB???

CAL calls it like he sees it..

First of all, I have not stated either way if I felt the posts that FFB made were right or wrong. I was only commenting on the post I quoted. You stated publically, not privately that you made a trip to Georgia to Straighten a guy out over an ebay transaction. My point was, there is no point making any threats over this.

I cannot find how your 1st post about me going to Georgia has ANYTHING TO DO with the subject matter at hand...

CAL does not allow backpedalling in certain situations...

You stated you would love to get his name to look him up.

yes I did... but not to go to the Bay area to physically harm him...

I would treat him like I did Comic Link... I hired a Maine attorney firm to get my comics.

You implied by your posts and replies something irrelevant, and gives the appearance, without your opinion either way as you previously said, that you are trying to pin something on me. Looks like a replay of the online garbage I warned everyone about that will go on for at least ten years???

CAL who can turn the tables and out anyone...

I don't think you deserved the posts that FFB made. After reading your post, I was under the impression that your post implied some kind of threat. That's what my post was about.

Tuesday's a little early for a complete meltdown, but :takeit:

DiceX who might disagree with Scott's comment, but doesn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Libel. The printed word.

Made a mistake.

I think you are due an apology. I sincerely mean that.

Remove the posturing and I think most folks will agree.

To:

COI, Shadow Kev, Dr. Balls, Fedoraman, October, VintageComics, Whizzer, Bruno_s4, FlyingDonut, and transplant:

Thank you for your valuable and positive input so far in this unfortunate situation.

Thank you for your voices of reason, and it is for you guys that are the true life of the spirit of this Forum.

Your responses have helped out tremendously.

CAL who appreciates the greater nature of those who are brave enough to be themselves...

Here is the post...after an initial posting of (tsk) to someone suggesting Cal, FFB was asked by the OP if he was missing something...the response is below.

So.....

I did great with a few books I had sent to CGC. I got my Strange Tales #135 back an 8.5 and my ASM #2 5.0 White Pages! But..... my ASM #5 came back 4.0 apparent color touch.

With this said. I was planning on flipping the ASM books as I got them on the cheap. I know the #2 should do well when I throw it on Ebay but what to do with the ASM #5 Restored? Ill probably go the Ebay route as well but is there a market for a low-mid grade ASM #5 restored?

I don't know what you paid for it, so I don't know if you'll make your money back, but there is always a market for Ditko ASMs in any condition if the price is right. Depending on how cheaply you got the #5, you might turn a profit. In any event, you should be able to sell the book quickly.

But not to Calamerica. That is the worst advice anyone could give you. He's nuts.

It does not seem like a joke (as someone suggested), and I know I would be upset if I were in Cal's or any other dealer's shoes. Such advice is read not only by the OP, but also others boardies who may now choose to avoid doing business with Cal.

I have only dealt with him once, but it was a flawless transaction and would not hesitate to work with Cal again. To the best of my knowledge, he has not had any significant issues in terms of buying or selling here and as such the comment strikes me as pretty inappropriate. :(

Here is the post...after an initial posting of (tsk) to someone suggesting Cal, FFB was asked by the OP if he was missing something...the response is below.

So.....

I did great with a few books I had sent to CGC. I got my Strange Tales #135 back an 8.5 and my ASM #2 5.0 White Pages! But..... my ASM #5 came back 4.0 apparent color touch.

With this said. I was planning on flipping the ASM books as I got them on the cheap. I know the #2 should do well when I throw it on Ebay but what to do with the ASM #5 Restored? Ill probably go the Ebay route as well but is there a market for a low-mid grade ASM #5 restored?

I don't know what you paid for it, so I don't know if you'll make your money back, but there is always a market for Ditko ASMs in any condition if the price is right. Depending on how cheaply you got the #5, you might turn a profit. In any event, you should be able to sell the book quickly.

But not to Calamerica. That is the worst advice anyone could give you. He's nuts.

It does not seem like a joke (as someone suggested), and I know I would be upset if I were in Cal's or any other dealer's shoes. Such advice is read not only by the OP, but also others boardies who may now choose to avoid doing business with Cal.

I have only dealt with him once, but it was a flawless transaction and would not hesitate to work with Cal again. To the best of my knowledge, he has not had any significant issues in terms of buying or selling here and as such the comment strikes me as pretty inappropriate. :(

Thanx, SnakeEyes and ComixforFun!!!

CAL (worship)

Libel. The printed word.

Made a mistake.

As a "former" attorney, i can tell you that in no way, shape or form was what FFB said libelous. Not even remotely close. trying to pursue anything in that vein would be a waste of time of EPIC proportions! (thumbs u

Should you be annoyed? Yes

Should he have made the comment? no imo

I have no horse whatsoever in this race and dont really know either of you but trying to pursue this as libel or notifying the Bar or something like that is beyond ridiculous Cal, sorry. Be pissed all you want which i'd say you're entitled to be but don't waste any time or resources trying to pursue this any further than these boards if you ask me (shrug)

It just taints the entire community when posts become personal and petty, unfortunately.

Which describes most of what's posted here. lol

If you took out the personal and petty threads you'd be left with Justin's chatroom, 1/2 of the Secret Santa thread, and a few scattered sales threads.

Libel. The printed word.

Made a mistake.

As a "former" attorney, i can tell you that in no way, shape or form was what FFB said libelous. Not even remotely close. trying to pursue anything in that vein would be a waste of time of EPIC proportions! (thumbs u

Should you be annoyed? Yes

Should he have made the comment? no imo

I have no horse whatsoever in this race and dont really know either of you but trying to pursue this as libel or notifying the Bar or something like that is beyond ridiculous Cal, sorry. Be pissed all you want which i'd say you're entitled to be but don't waste any time or resources trying to pursue this any further than these boards if you ask me (shrug)

And STILL you don't post any pics of your current clientele. Dammit, we've been patient.

Please? :wishluck: