• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does the Forum think about a Lawyer turning a collector away...

381 posts in this topic

It was merely this: (tsk)

Which can be interpreted to be anything from a joke to a nebulous admonition. Not something to fly off the handle about.

If you are a non-whack-a-doodle.

You guys are being unfair.

Scott is as stand-up as it gets, but I could see why this would tick Cal off.

COI

you are the ONLY one that appears to tell it like it is...

What does that say about this entire Forum???

CAL who was right all along...

Which can be interpreted to be anything from a joke to a nebulous admonition. Not something to fly off the handle about.

I don't see how. What does it even mean? I don't know. Does it mean don't PM Cal about PLODS? I don't know. Maybe he was upset that it seemed like someone was pimping for Cal and he dropped in a (tsk) ? Maybe he wants a shot at it himself? Who frickin knows?

Cal, did you ask FFB what his beef was? Maybe he's got some ill feelings that you don't know about that could be rectified behind-the-scenes? I can imagine it sucks for someone to call you out right out of the blue without any defense.

Yeah, I know - I'm new, but it seems like so much business is conducted here, an issue could easily get misinterpreted leading to some simmering opinions that only get unleashed when the topic is brought up. Trying diplomacy first never hurt anything.

2c

He did say "(sell to anyone)But not to Calamerica. That is the worst advice anyone could give you. He's nuts.he's nuts". That's a bit harsher than a finger wave...

Other than his oft times nutty posts, has Cal ever screwed anybody over? If he has, it is news to me. I have had a couple of transactions with him and have no complaints.

I say this wasn't called for in the open forum - should have been a PM in the least.

Word lol

from a Dealer that collects PLODS???

We have FFB on the Grading and Restoration Thread TELLING a newbie-type collector NOT to sell to a certain Boardie that collects PLODS.

Let's see the collective conscious of this Forum now...

CAL who can't wait to see the responses...

Would you feel better if he were a shoe salesman?

How about a NASA scientist?

A ditch digger?

I remember in grade school, the teachers would always warn

us that if we didn't study hard and get good grades we would

end up as ditch diggers. I had this picture in my head that

as an adult, I would be digging a ditch and be so ashamed of

myself. That was a long time ago, but I still feel a little self-conscious

whenever I tackle a landscaping project.

Flee, working on his issues.

from a Dealer that collects PLODS???

We have FFB on the Grading and Restoration Thread TELLING a newbie-type collector NOT to sell to a certain Boardie that collects PLODS.

Let's see the collective conscious of this Forum now...

CAL who can't wait to see the responses...

Would you feel better if he were a shoe salesman?

How about a NASA scientist?

A ditch digger?

I remember in grade school, the teachers would always warn

us that if we didn't study hard and get good grades we would

end up as ditch diggers. I had this picture in my head that

as an adult, I would be digging a ditch and be so ashamed of

myself. That was a long time ago, but I still feel a little weird

whenever I tackle a landscaping project.

Flee, working on his issues.

Damn, Flee. Are you still using a Palm Pilot? lol

I don't see how. What does it even mean? I don't know. Does it mean don't PM Cal about PLODS? I don't know. Maybe he was upset that it seemed like someone was pimping for Cal and he dropped in a (tsk) ? Maybe he wants a shot at it himself? Who frickin knows?

I like to buy off the fellow Boardies here, just because MOST of them can separate business from the usual nonsense that goes on here.

No one liked my constant rants about another now-banned person, BUT in point and theory I was right then, and right now. If you tolerate such unethical behavior, condone said behavior becvause you don't like someone fighting back against your so-called "friend" you are a PART OF THE PROBLEM. This is about comic books, not the Holocaust where certain organizations looked the other way, but the BUSINESS part was always respected, even by the eBay Comics folks that did not sign up for my fan club... how ironic...

CAL just beginning...

I remember in grade school, the teachers would always warn us that if we didn't study hard and get good grades we would end up as ditch diggers. I had this picture in my head that as an adult, I would be digging a ditch and be so ashamed of myself.

My dad did something like that - he would have me doing yard work, jackhammering rocks, hauling dirt and whatever else he could conceive of every Saturday and Sunday - and at the end of the day, he'd hand me a crisp $5 bill and say "Do you want to do that for the rest of your life, or go to college?"

FFB just PMed me in his reply.

Two words;

"Don't care".

Now I would love to get his name and be able to look him up via martin hubbingdale...

CAL not happy

I could see how his comment would tick you off, but I don't see what any of this has to do with his profession.

I would suggest you not blow this out of proportion. Keep it relevant to the posts in question.

I'm bowing out. Have fun.

Two words;

"Don't care".

Now I would love to get his name and be able to look him up via martin hubbingdale...

CAL not happy

It's Martindale Hubbell.

I can see how this would annoy you. It would annoy anyone. However, the man's chosen profession has nothing to do with how right or wrong it is.

If you contact the people at Martindale I advise against speaking in the 3rd person.

Two words;

"Don't care".

CAL not happy

I could see how his comment would tick you off, but I don't see what any of this has to do with his profession.

I would suggest you not blow this out of proportion. Keep it relevant to the posts in question.

His profession has high standards of conduct.

COI I still appreciate you.

But I need to do something, BBIAB CAL

Two words;

"Don't care".

CAL not happy

Didn't you make a trip to Georgia once to straighten things out with an ebayer?

Two words;

"Don't care".

CAL not happy

His profession has high standards of conduct.

COI I still appreciate you.

But I need to do something, BBIAB CAL

Yeah. Those lawyers and their high standards of conduct. lol

Read the whole thread. doh!

Seems sort of uncalled for to me. Regardless of his....idiosyncrasies....I haven't heard anything about Cal as a buyer that should keep anyone from selling to him.

Read the whole thread. doh!

Seems sort of uncalled for to me. Regardless of his....idiosyncrasies....I haven't heard anything about Cal as a buyer that should keep anyone from selling to him.

I agree, not really called for.

(thumbs u