• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

classic Magazine cover thread

249 posts in this topic

Suggested by October_fire, Thanks! hi.gif

First print 1988 Fantagraphics

Not the best condition but for only $6.75 I get 22 Bernie Wrightson stories and some portfolio pages, what's not to like? cloud9.gif

834957-TheReaperofLove.jpg

834957-TheReaperofLove.jpg.9edb4ace97fe932c6c5418c7adfe3a74.jpg

Just picked this up, a not a comic alas (a movie mag) I know... crazy.gif

But this wrap-around Frazetta cover is awesome! cloud9.gif

Note* Crossposted in "This week in your collection" thread.

864097-Monsterscene%232Spread.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif Reaper of Love is a great read.

A note of caution to Wrightson fans: Master of the Macabre contains a collection of stories that includes ALL STORIES from Badtime Stories, This is Legend, Scream Door 1, and Reaper of Love. If you are looking for a bunch of Wrightson stories cheap, pick up M of M 1-5. I got my set for like $6 or $7. thumbsup2.gif

Although I already have this issue, I couldn't resist picking this copy up as the condition was nice despite the mild cover wear.

And yes, I know I've been tardy on the Planet of the Apes thread but I was on vacation and one has to enjoy the summer, doesn't he?

879793-PlanetOfTheApes%231.jpg

589a8c69ace4b_879793-PlanetOfTheApes1.jpg.75542f13a0b64a7d8bd9888f1d82d5df.jpg

1. I wanted that mag!

2. I wasn't even the second highest bidder. frown.gif

3. The Kaluta cover does rock!

That was a great pick up. I am jealous. thumbsup2.gif

I remember seeing your name in the bid history. I just got this today if you can believe it, 2 weeks ago I received a package from Heritage with a 9.4 # 1 issue in it they sent by mistake and had to send it back and wait for this. mad.gif

I remember seeing your name in the bid history. I just got this today if you can believe it, 2 weeks ago I received a package from Heritage with a 9.4 # 1 issue in it they sent by mistake and had to send it back and wait for this. mad.gif

That is unlike Heritage. They have been really good with respect to shipping me things.

Those mags they were auctioning off then were great. After I didn't get your book, I really wanted to get the Dracula Lives 10 9.6 for the cool Dominguez cover. Of the painted things he has done that I've seen, that is probably my favorite after his Jonah Hex digests. But that one got way out of hand. It sucks bidding against dealers. frown.gif