• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

classic Magazine cover thread

249 posts in this topic

I remember this series got started in Creepy...or was it Eerie? Oh well it was one of those two Warren Mags. Nice Corben cover!

1001752-TheRook%231.jpg

i just got this one in a group of mags i picked up. it is a nice cover.

anyone ever heard of "Sojurn?" it's a tabloid-sized, unstapled book from 1977 - White Cliffs Publishing. it was in the lot, too, along with some random early 80s mags, but i swear i've never even heard of it.

on the good side, i finally got an ish of "D'Arc Tangent," so i'm pretty well stoked

Nice Doc Savage! I can't make up my mind as to what's becoming harder to find:

1. A nice white cover with no yellowing or stains or

2. A nice black cover with no spine tics or CBC's

Anyhow, some of my recent pick-ups...

1033638-WebofHorror%231.jpg

589a8c69d8797_1033638-WebofHorror1.jpg.374235ddc8fbe8a28f037fc746240461.jpg

Chris,

Some really nice books! The last issue of Scream isn't as easy as others to get in grade. Nice job on the Vampi # 3, possibly too many spine tics for a 9.2 especially the one above the bottom staple, but here's hoping. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Interesting thing I've noticed on that issue, (the few that I see) they are all miss cut. Nice seeing it paired up next to the Vampi # 15. As I've said before, I don't know what is harder to find, a nice white cover with no yellowing or a solid black with no cbc's!

Oh and I love the cover on the Eerie annual, maybe I'm just nostalgic for that book as I had it as a kid but you are right, the annuals are a little tougher in grade. Nice lot all around, an early Christmas present? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks Jay. Bought on a whim really; struck up some correspondence with a fellow UK based magazine collector and agreed a deal (have wanted a Psycho 3 for a while now and added the others to my order). Love those scream covers.