• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 (1938) CGC 9.0 on the census

398 posts in this topic

An 8.5 sold for $1.5 million and for a 9.0 at $1.3 million the reserve is already met. (shrug)

....it's just recovered property to the insurance company. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This book with sell for 3 million+...you heard it here first :)

Close but $2.5M tops. hm

including fees

No juice or BP on comic connect. :whee:

..I hate to agree with pimpy, but I concur,...2.3-2.5M,... let's be honest here the powers that be have already decided who is going to buy the book,...it would be stoopid for them to have a bidding war on it,...there will be no mystery bidders on a book this big

I don't mean any disrespect to any of you....really, but when it comes to THIS book, NOBODY on this board knows all the people who may have a serious interest in this book. Not even Fishler, otherwise it probably wouldn't be up for auction. The difference in the intangible mystique that exists for a book in 9.0 or better cannot be overstated with something like this. I wouldn't even wager a bet about the final hammer on this one....5 or 6 million wouldn't surprise me at all. This is a crown jewel for the entire medium. A 9.0 copy of this book is quite possibly a once in lifetime opportunity. Don't let the recent flood of SA Pedigrees jade you in respect to future availability for something of this magnitude.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I believe it will be between 2.5 to 3.5 million.

If we use an honus wagner t206 to compare rarity and being the holy grail of sportscards.

Even a possibilty of 5 million if a bidding war ensues to own the highest cgc graded. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity for those who have the means.