• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 (1938) CGC 9.0 on the census

398 posts in this topic

It's also not in a Blue label....and I recall reading in the GA forum that the deal was brokered by a guy who liked to make minor "improvements" to the books. If that book is Blue....it will fetch 10 Mil. I would presume the 9.0 will fall somewhere in between the 8.5 and the MH copy.. Supapimp has a high likelihood of being correct....all I meant to say was that if ever there could be a Dark Horse in a comic auction, this will be it. Fishler's laid the ground work with the two previous sales. What we don't know is WHY the book is going through auction. It could be the Insurance Company's call, or it could have been Metro's advice....either could mean several different things. Personally, I wish Cage could get it back.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Didn't he have a TEC stolen also? Did they ever recover it?

Yes but it has not been recovered.

It's also not in a Blue label....and I recall reading in the GA forum that the deal was brokered by a guy who liked to make minor "improvements" to the books.

It's also not in a purple label and as you well know, not in any kind of label since there is absolutely no reason for him to slab it at this point in time. And as I am sure that you also know from the GA forums, both Fishler and Borock have already clearly stated that this book is unrestored.

As for the guy who brokered this deal, maybe he was just a little ahead of his time as it seems that almost everybody is into "improving" their books nowadays. :(

To bad this didn't work out.

nom nom nom nom nom nom

adrianne-palicki-as-wonder-woman.jpg

They didn't have your size?

It's hard to believe you've been here a year now. You're still so cherry.