• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernie Wrightson Appreciation Thread

287 posts in this topic

I picked this up recently and have no clue what it is. Never seen one before. It looks to be #30 of 40? as it has 30/40 on splash page. From 1977 entirely in French it is a little larger than treasury sized. Title is Futuropolis I think. I also have one for Robert Crumb from 1982 I think but this is a Bernie thread so....

Any info would be nice, especially as to value.

002_zps778eb927.jpg

003_zps3564a1a0.jpg

I picked this up recently and have no clue what it is. Never seen one before. It looks to be #30 of 40? as it has 30/40 on splash page. From 1977 entirely in French it is a little larger than treasury sized. Title is Futuropolis I think. I also have one for Robert Crumb from 1982 I think but this is a Bernie thread so....

002_zps778eb927.jpg

003_zps3564a1a0.jpg

The title is Wrightson, the publisher is Futuropolis, the 30/40 is the format size of the book.

I have a few of these buried away somewhere, though not this one :(

002_zps778eb927.jpg

003_zps3564a1a0.jpg

The title is Wrightson, the publisher is Futuropolis, the 30/40 is the format size of the book.

I have a few of these buried away somewhere, though not this one :(

Thanks for the info! Anyone have any idea as to value?

Started scanning some of my esoteric items including some older convention program books. Thought I would bump this thread because of the couple of Wrightson interior pages. Also included the covers and some other artists in this one. It is from the 1973 Metro Con.

1973metroconprogrambook.jpg

It was wonderful to see you post the Metro Con program, as this was the earliest piece I'd acquired for quite a while, and still one of Bernie's earliest Werewolf style drawings I've seen to date:

Wrightson%20-%20Werewolf%20Framed.JPG

I may go back and reframe this at some point, but for my part it looks great as it is!

It was wonderful to see you post the Metro Con program, as this was the earliest piece I'd acquired for quite a while, and still one of Bernie's earliest Werewolf style drawings I've seen to date:

Wrightson%20-%20Werewolf%20Framed.JPG

I may go back and reframe this at some point, but for my part it looks great as it is!

This is awesome! :golfclap:

I posted this over in the Original Comic Art forum, so apologies in advance if you've seen it already, but I thought you'd like to see this Wrightson painting which I purchased at the most recent ComicLink auction:

WrightsonFaceMelt.jpg

It was apparently commissioned in connection with the production of the movie ultimately titled Dagon, which in turn is based on the H.P. Lovecraft story "The Shadow Over Innsmouth".

Enjoy!

I was in there bidding on this too! Congratulations

For those who appreciate Wrightson's work, I just added this into my collection and couldn't be happier... I'd always wanted a lab scene, and this coupled with Dr. Ingels and Frankenstein's expression, well this sure fit the bill for me!!!

Bernie also kindly signed it in the art for me so I can frame and preserve it appropriately.

It's just too cool... (worship)

DXAkNeEH_0603141814321.jpg