• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernie Wrightson Appreciation Thread

287 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for 'Bernie Wrightson - A look back' hardcover book. At the internet I often see the left or the right book, in the image below.

But for example Alibris.co.uk doesn't shows images. I read about books offered for sale, with a slipcase. Well, that's off course the book at the left.

But I also read about books with a dust jacket. I guess that's a one like the book at the right.

Does this mean, that books sold with a slipcase, don't have a dust jacket, like the book at the left? And the books with a dust jacket aren't sold with a slipcase, like the book at the right?

Are there more differences?

Allready thanks for the answers. ;)

Bernie-Wrightson-A-look-back.jpg

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for 'Bernie Wrightson - A look back' hardcover book. At the internet I often see the left or the right book, in the image below.

But for example Alibris.co.uk doesn't shows images. I read about books offered for sale, with a slipcase. Well, that's off course the book at the left.

But I also read about books with a dust jacket. I guess that's a one like the book at the right.

Does this mean, that books sold with a slipcase, don't have a dust jacket, like the book at the left? And the books with a dust jacket aren't sold with a slipcase, like the book at the right?

Are there more differences?

Allready thanks for the answers. ;)

Bernie-Wrightson-A-look-back.jpg

There's a listing on Abebooks.com for a similar hardcover/slip-cased edition. (I don't know if it's the same copy as listed on Alibris).

The Abe listing states that the slip-cased edition is a signed & numbered edition, signed by Wrightson and limited to just 250 copies.

The listing doesn't state conclusively that the limited edition was issued without a dust jacket. While a slip-case doesn't preclude a dust jacket, it is very likely that the limited edition was issued without a jacket. There are other signed/number limited issues of first editions - which are escaping my memory - which were issued slip-cased without jackets.

I would definitely do more research and confirm that before dropping the kind of coin that will be involved in acquiring that limited issue.

The original 1979 S/N edition of 250 does not have a dust jacket - I have had a few copies, none with dust jackets but with slipcases

Be careful, I believe there is a later release of the same title (1991?) which also has a signed edition

Great - it is awesome item. I had looked for a while before finding mine. Just an fyi, if you order from mycomicshop off of Ebay again, check their website before you buy off of Ebay. They have the same item listed there but without the Ebay markup.

The son of the owner is a board member here and runs the web side of their business among I'm sure other things. He has mentioned that here as well. Not a big difference but thought for future reference.

The entire book is downloaded here http://www.scribd.com/doc/64239056/Berni-Wrightson-A-Look-Back if you want to see the contents.

thanks for the link to some amazing stuff! (thumbs u

You're welcome.

It's a shame that a lot of the people here are not exposed to the interior of comics and books. There's more to comics than just the cover. I know for a lot of collectors, just owning the comic is enough. For me; I like to enjoy the entire comic, the art and/or story, not just the cover.