• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernie Wrightson Appreciation Thread

287 posts in this topic

Got my Wrightson SIGS FINALLY CAME BACK

IMG_1437.jpg

Alex Nino AND Wrightson

IMG_1439.jpg

Lady in White Double sig what????

Alex Nino and Wrightson again.

IMG_1438.jpg

Bernie's done a couple signings at Austin Books recently, for each issue of Frankenstein that's come out. At the last one (with Steve Niles, too) had on display the original art for a double-page spread of the house from #2. Absolutely incredible work.

Bernie's done a couple signings at Austin Books recently, for each issue of Frankenstein that's come out. At the last one (with Steve Niles, too) had on display the original art for a double-page spread of the house from #2. Absolutely incredible work.

I know my LCS owner was frustrated that that book shipped so late. But when I was reading it and came across that 2-page spread I thought "This was totally worth it!" Amazing work!

....aaaaaaaand, that's ten.

SwampThing1090.jpg

First run I've completed (issue by issue, anyway) since returning to collecting after a decade or so hiatus. Highly recommended to everyone!

:acclaim:

...and now, let the upgrade quest begin. Right after I read these ten again for the first time in way too long...

I know its OT, but can anyone give me a brief plot synopsis of this issue?

Haven't read much Swamp Thing. Looks entertaining though.

SwampThing1090.jpg

First run I've completed (issue by issue, anyway) since returning to collecting after a decade or so hiatus. Highly recommended to everyone!

...and now, let the upgrade quest begin. Right after I read these ten again for the first time in way too long...

I highly recommend this.

SwampThing1090.jpg

I highly recommend this.

Seconded on the Roots of the Swamp Thing collection, but the whole Wrightson run is only issue 1 through 10, and can be had pretty cheap if you're looking for reader copies. I am not a fan of the rest of the run, but that's still only another 14 issues, and they're even cheaper.

As to the plot of this particular issue, here ya go.

SwampThing1090.jpg

I highly recommend this.

Seconded on the Roots of the Swamp Thing collection, but the whole Wrightson run is only issue 1 through 10, and can be had pretty cheap if you're looking for reader copies. I am not a fan of the rest of the run, but that's still only another 14 issues, and they're even cheaper.

As to the plot of this particular issue, here ya go.

(thumbs u

When is his next show appearance?
I haven't seen him on any guest lists yet this year. I'm hoping he pops up somewhere though, I have Mexican editions of House of Secrets 92 and Swamp Thing 1-9 (still looking for a 10) that I want to sub for SS.

I haven't seen him on any guest lists yet this year. I'm hoping he pops up somewhere though, I have Mexican editions of House of Secrets 92 and Swamp Thing 1-9 (still looking for a 10) that I want to sub for SS.

Scans? :popcorn:

Here you go. (thumbs u

th_HouseofSecrets92Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing1Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing2aMexico.jpgth_SwampThing3aMexico.jpgth_SwampThing4Mexico_zpsc52bf605.jpg

th_SwampThing5Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing6Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing7Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing8Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing9Mexico.jpg

Here you go. (thumbs u

th_HouseofSecrets92Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing1Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing2aMexico.jpgth_SwampThing3aMexico.jpgth_SwampThing4Mexico_zpsc52bf605.jpg

th_SwampThing5Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing6Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing7Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing8Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing9Mexico.jpg

:o(worship):cloud9::whee: