• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Selling Rule #1

1,007 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear this Bob. He know better and denying he did anything wrong is

just an excuse.

Trust me Bob, he may steal the occasional funny book customer or widow's

retirement savings but he is destroying his reputation in the process. For the

record, I think your reputation is stellar.

Well I have to say this is pretty bad, Bob I'm surprised you didn't go over the table after him. Perhaps Doug is finally feeling the pinch as people put his auctions on ignore for the most part?

Its getting harder and harder to find a dealer that hasn't screwed over someone at some point, so many horror stories its sad.

Punishment horror story set.

lol

Anyone who thinks he doesn't "know" he's doing anything wrong is giving him more benefit of the doubt than I would. My guess is that he uses feigned ignorance to try and hide from what he's doing.

Basically,

116557.png.9fe5fa9a55b5bfed8c126eb81470d75e.png

Anyone who thinks he doesn't "know" he's doing anything wrong is giving him more benefit of the doubt than I would. My guess is that he uses feigned ignorance to try and hide from what he's doing.

Basically,

great picture even w/ the thought balloon obscuring Matt laughing

Doug is a classy guy. Here is another true story (names and details redacted).

I slab a key book, it comes back in a very high grade. In that grade it's worth five figures. I show it to a dealer who agrees to approach a customer about selling it at a certain price. In the meantime, Doug gets wind of the book I have and also approaches the same customer. He represents that he owns the book and would trade or sell it for a number slightly higher than my asking price. Customer is rightfully confused. Keep in mind that:

1. I don't know Doug. At all. Never talked to him or did business with him in my life.

2. He had never seen or touched the book, let alone owned it.

A real gem he is.

Anyone have a pic of this guy?

DR.X

6th post in this thread. Guy in light blue shirt.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5155674&fpart=1

Looks like a trustworthy guy.....j/k

His arms are of the extreme breadstick nature. He really looks like a T-Rex to me..

This made me lol

Doug is a classy guy. Here is another true story (names and details redacted).

I slab a key book, it comes back in a very high grade. In that grade it's worth five figures. I show it to a dealer who agrees to approach a customer about selling it at a certain price. In the meantime, Doug gets wind of the book I have and also approaches the same customer. He represents that he owns the book and would trade or sell it for a number slightly higher than my asking price. Customer is rightfully confused. Keep in mind that:

1. I don't know Doug. At all. Never talked to him or did business with him in my life.

2. He had never seen or touched the book, let alone owned it.

A real gem he is.

Anyone have a pic of this guy?

DR.X

6th post in this thread. Guy in light blue shirt.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5155674&fpart=1

Looks like a trustworthy guy.....j/k

His arms are of the extreme breadstick nature. He really looks like a T-Rex to me..

This made me lol

After consulting with my attorney it was recommended that I not punch people in the face.

However I was given a pretty funny response by another good dealer friend.

He said if Doug had put down the book at his booth on top of his boxes he would have picked it up and thrown it in the aisle.

I said I wish I would have thought of that.

The picture of Doug's face as the book went sailing into the aisle would have been priceless :devil:

That WOULD have been priceless. lol

After consulting with my attorney it was recommended that I not punch people in the face.

He said if Doug had put down the book at his booth on top of his boxes he would have picked it up and thrown it in the aisle.

The picture of Doug's face as the book went sailing into the aisle would have been priceless :devil:

I would have and have done that. Not under the same circumstances mind you.

When I was in the Navy, I flew into O'Hare to get to the Naval Training Center, north of Chicago. As I was walking thru the very busy terminal, this guy comes up to me and hands me a book. He was dressed in a suit, so, I didn't think anything odd about it. He says "I want to give you this book as a gift". I say thanks and start walking off. He comes after me and says that I need to donate some money to him (it was $5 or $10 or so). I looked at the book and it is a Hare Krishna propaganda book. I told him that he said the book was a gift. He replied "only if you give me the money" and if not he wanted the book back. Well, like I said it was a very busy terminal, so, i pitched the book into the crowd and walked off. I bet he is still looking for it.

Basically,

Does anyone else look at that picture and think that Matt and Doug are cackling? I keep hearing the Wicked Witch from Oz saying....something like "Now, I've got you, My Pretties"

I would have and have done that. Not under the same circumstances mind you.

When I was in the Navy, I flew into O'Hare to get to the Naval Training Center, north of Chicago. As I was walking thru the very busy terminal, this guy comes up to me and hands me a book. He was dressed in a suit, so, I didn't think anything odd about it. He says "I want to give you this book as a gift". I say thanks and start walking off. He comes after me and says that I need to donate some money to him (it was $5 or $10 or so). I looked at the book and it is a Hare Krishna propaganda book. I told him that he said the book was a gift. He replied "only if you give me the money" and if not he wanted the book back. Well, like I said it was a very busy terminal, so, i pitched the book into the crowd and walked off. I bet he is still looking for it.

I thought you were going to say you punched him in the face. :insane: