• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I tried something new with The Market. I'd add a new Modern Market Watch page to the website. The direct link is here. What's everyone think? Useful information?

I tried the link for modern but get a message that the URL is not found? (shrug)

I have since change things around a bit. You can now go to The Market and view a new filter option on the right hand side when viewing comics in the Modern Age. The new filter is called "Comics Heating Up". Sorry for the confusion. doh!

Some of the books are no-brainers. Like Chew #1 for example. But some of the books that come up are really interesting and no one seems to be talking about them. So you still have to do a little mental filtering when viewing the list.

yeah, there's a 1a, 1b, 1c, mine only had 1a. They may just have the same print run and one not rare than the others.

That's cool. The last time I remember Bongo doing a variant was for Futurama #1 SDCC back in 2000. At least for the U.S. versions.

I tried something new with The Market. I'd add a new Modern Market Watch page to the website. The direct link is here. What's everyone think? Useful information?

I tried the link for modern but get a message that the URL is not found? (shrug)

I have since change things around a bit. You can now go to The Market and view a new filter option on the right hand side when viewing comics in the Modern Age. The new filter is called "Comics Heating Up". Sorry for the confusion. doh!

Some of the books are no-brainers. Like Chew #1 for example. But some of the books that come up are really interesting and no one seems to be talking about them. So you still have to do a little mental filtering when viewing the list.

I see it now. Thanks! :applause:

So does that make the Barnes & Noble the bookstore versions? I thought they had Diamond accounts like the direct market.

*sigh* Goosechase time.

Edited by vspawn

So does that make the Barnes & Noble the bookstore versions? I thought they had Diamond accounts like the direct market.

*sigh* Goosechase time.

wherever you can find a 'newstand' copy...i think B&N have newstand

Nonplayer 1 still seems to be selling pretty well ($15.00 to 25.00). This is even with the very long delay for the 2nd issue which still has not come out due to the artist recovering from an accident

The comic is just a few extra months late b/c of the car wreck (its supposed to be out 13 months after the 1st issue), in an interview Simpson indicates that he hopes to release it then and admits that the 2nd issue would have took him about 8 months had he not been injured. I just can't bring myself to follow a title that takes 8 months between issues.

Umm. That say's the colored version has 5000. Which is what they've been saying all along.

The B&W one was supposed to go to the first 200 MVIP (or whatever they're called).

Some of the books are no-brainers. Like Chew #1 for example. But some of the books that come up are really interesting and no one seems to be talking about them.

Interesting. Children's Crusade 4 is hard to find? Hadn't heard that. Wonder why the print run was low on that particular issue.... (shrug)

I really liked CNV... missed it at first b/c I didn't realize Riley was drawing it, but I was able to get the back issues pretty easily... I have a few copies of 1-4 now. I really liked the series, but it read much better in TPB. There were a lot of plot threads and Riley's art can sometimes be hard to follow. Definitely really enjoyed it though and very glad to hear that news... maybe we'll get another story arc or two. :)

picked up the entire run at my LCS for $20 today; off to the cave to read them.

Nonplayer 1 still seems to be selling pretty well ($15.00 to 25.00). This is even with the very long delay for the 2nd issue which still has not come out due to the artist recovering from an accident

The comic is just a few extra months late b/c of the car wreck (its supposed to be out 13 months after the 1st issue), in an interview Simpson indicates that he hopes to release it then and admits that the 2nd issue would have took him about 8 months had he not been injured. I just can't bring myself to follow a title that takes 8 months between issues.

*ahem* Johnny Hiro *ahem*

Some of the books are no-brainers. Like Chew #1 for example. But some of the books that come up are really interesting and no one seems to be talking about them.

Interesting. Children's Crusade 4 is hard to find? Hadn't heard that. Wonder why the print run was low on that particular issue.... (shrug)

(shrug)

I got excited today when I saw a stack of 6th print Justice League 1's at a comic shop I was in. I bought one for myself and one to sell. Looks like I jumped the gun. The 5th print seems to have the best legs on ebay as most 6th prints are selling at 5.99 :(