• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Looks like Saga RRP's are doing better. Also looks like Daryl Dixon Walking Dead action figures are doing well. Walking Dead has started to cool down. I wonder if we will see that trend continue until season three gets close or until issue 100 hits (or something wild happend in the pages of the comic).

If you ask me TWD will heat up again at both of those occurences. All the hype around issue 100 should renue the series in collectors minds and as always once the new seaon starts many people will be wanting their very own part of the series!

Can anyone explain to me why the price on X-O Manowar #1 is so high? (shrug)

There's a new re-launch of the Valiant universe and it's created some buzz. X-0 Manowar is the first title of the new line to be brought out.

Ultimately, this should help the sales of the first volume, but I wouldn't get too crazy.

Interestingly, it's making me think about buying these old books again..... hm

I'm looking forward to reading the new Valiant stuff as I never read the old books.

Saying that, if X-O Manowar turns out to be a fantastic read it wouldn't really prompt me to go read the old Valiant, I have enough backlog as it is.

But it will be interesting to see if it does affect the price of the old Valiant books and how long that lasts.

Currently on eBay:

pre-unity X-O Manowar #1, raw, $115 with 3 hours to go. :o

Could it be shill bidding? There's at least 2 listings at $30 bin

My gut tells me that it isn't shill bidding. As someone mentioned elsewhere, you can get CGC 9.8 copies for less. No, I would attribute the high end price to the salesmanship of the seller. He basically did an excellent job at "selling" it.

Andy 2c

Currently on eBay:

pre-unity X-O Manowar #1, raw, $115 with 3 hours to go. :o

Could it be shill bidding? There's at least 2 listings at $30 bin

My gut tells me that it isn't shill bidding. As someone mentioned elsewhere, you can get CGC 9.8 copies for less. No, I would attribute the high end price to the salesmanship of the seller. He basically did an excellent job at "selling" it.

Andy 2c

Agreed. He did an unbelieveable job selling it.

I think the correct statement was you could have gotten 9.8s elsewhere for less. A quick search of the interwebs shows that this book has gotten hard to find really quickly. There is only one 9.8 left on ebay at a price of 175.00. Although the bid up on the raw copy seems to be a one off, there maybe an interesting trend going on. This book in 9.8 started hitting 100 bucks in March. A lot of people like the new series, a lot of people are speculating again. I'll bet in the next 15 days you can't get a raw NM original X-O for less then 50 bucks. It already went from 5 bucks to 30 in the last 90 days. Don't know if the new Valiant thing has legs but if it makes waves with Harby 1 and the X-O Series stays decent. Its going to feel like 93 all over again.

Some of the top movers on The Market is valiant titles from both 1992 and 2012. The 1:50 variant has gone to $150, the 1:20 variant has shot up to $25 and Harbinger 0 pink variant is hitting $60+.

In non valiant news, New X-Men #128 is starting to reach $45 to $50 mark ! :o

Shameless plug! If you missed the boat you still might have a chance to win X-Men #128 and #129 Friday if you Facebook "like" the website and win the drawing!

Edited by whetteon

I think the correct statement was you could have gotten 9.8s elsewhere for less. A quick search of the interwebs shows that this book has gotten hard to find really quickly. There is only one 9.8 left on ebay at a price of 175.00. Although the bid up on the raw copy seems to be a one off, there maybe an interesting trend going on. This book in 9.8 started hitting 100 bucks in March. A lot of people like the new series, a lot of people are speculating again. I'll bet in the next 15 days you can't get a raw NM original X-O for less then 50 bucks. It already went from 5 bucks to 30 in the last 90 days. Don't know if the new Valiant thing has legs but if it makes waves with Harby 1 and the X-O Series stays decent. Its going to feel like 93 all over again.

I stand corrected. (thumbs u

let's hope this trend has some legs