• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

The rock solid play right now seems to me to be Marvel Star wars #1-107 plus annuals.

VERY undervalued.

Just my humble opinion...

And there are Mark Jewelers for many of those issues, issue 42 MJ is the more prized if I were to buy Star Wars by Marvel along with 1,2,3,106,107 and a few of the Marvel UK books because some of those have appearances by the Guardians of the Galaxy!

Edited by MrWeen

SW sales on 1 are roughly currently $14-29 with the high end being a BIN hit. Auctions go for around $14-19 for a 1. BIN hits increase the price while the auctions lower it some. Your right it does ebb and flow. Slab sales are rising while Hastings and the Game stop are falling. 2 weeks back SW 1 was down at $10 sales for auctions for awhile. Some got good buys.

Personally if I were to find a Game stop now in good grade to slab I would be buying now. SW collectors are nuts and when the new movies come out you should see a nice uptick again especially for this series.

Its the best SW series I have read for awhile probably because of the characters in the series. I apologize for the attitude earlier.

Consider this,

By the time the new movies roll out, SW comics will be published by Marvel again.

The comic book world is very what have you done for me lately.

I can see all the Dark Horse material falling out of vogue with collectors.

Besides a short term flip, at this time I wouldn't buy any cover for investment.

The rock solid play right now seems to me to be Marvel Star wars #1-107 plus annuals.

VERY undervalued.

Just my humble opinion...

I dont disagree in fact I think we have brought this up once before as well. This is one book I wouldnt hold the entire set to sell or at least not very long. I would think after a few issues any extra you might want to take the profit on. Then move that profit into some Marvel Star Wars books and so on. I cant imagine what price the 35 cent variants will begin to bring once the movies start up again.

I am just actually enjoying reading the story currently. Makes me feel like a kid again.

I was surprised to see Howard Chaykin was the artist for issue #1 of the Marvel series.

That series has some amazing cover art btw.

This is my fave from that series....

StarWars68_zpsd859774f.jpg

Edited by dane323

I was surprised to see Howard Chaykin was the artist for issue #1 of the Marvel series.

This is fave from that series....

Saw this one at my LCS but I passed and picked up a #42 for a couple of bucks. I picked up so many comic books today since they were running their Mega Sale which was 65% off all back issues. I picked up books like The Activity, Revival for a couple dollars each. I picked up all their Deadpool for my son for like a dollar and some change. :cloud9:

Look at that, Blackacre #1 is marching upwards. Who has 8,000 copies again?

Which ones the auctions with free shipping or the 1 & 2 that sold for $2.00 at auction 2 weeks back? Its all perspective.

Actually its selling which is a good thing and sets of 1-4 are doing $20-23 currently. Last 4 auctions do show a positive trend, but free shipping skews it some. The trade might help it as well.

This is my fave from that series....

(worship) Gene Day was amazing and his Master of Kung Fu run was incredible!

Edited by John R

This is fave from that series....

Saw this one at my LCS but I passed and picked up a #42 for a couple of bucks. I picked up so many comic books today since they were running their Mega Sale which was 65% off all back issues. I picked up books like The Activity, Revival for a couple dollars each. I picked up all their Deadpool for my son for like a dollar and some change. :cloud9:

Just be aware that issue 42 is a reprint of Boba Fett's first appearance. It's the 4th printing of those pages. It might not matter to the collecting community, but if you want the first appearance of Boba Fett in comics, the book to track down is The Marvel Comics Illustrated Version of The Empire Strikes Back first edition. It is a paperback book that came out shortly before the release of the ESB and contains an early depiction of Yoda that is different from latter printings of those pages. You also have the Marvel Super Special 16 and Marvel Special Edition Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back which were both published before Star Wars 42.

Edited by rjrjr

Hey guys, does anybody know when Dark Horse's property contract end for Star Wars books. I believe they are launching that new The Star Wars series this September.

Fufat

I'm pretty sure that it's the end of the year.

There has been no announcement and it is impossible to know when the license will end. It is being theorized that Dark Horse will lose the license to Marvel when the current license period ends. I know some Star Wars licensees have signed multi-year deals (Del Rey's last agreement runs through December 2013 and Hasbro's last agreement was for 10 years through 2018) and I have not been able to find information on Dark Horse's agreement like when it began or how long it runs.

Based on the new series (The Star Wars based on the first draft of the movie) announcement and it being 8 issues long and assuming it will be published monthly, it appears the license doesn't end at the end of 2013 which debunks the reports about Dark Horse losing the license at the end of this year and confirms Dark Horse's statements on the matter. Randy Stradley (Dark Horse VP) says all the statements about them losing the license are incorrect. I also believe I read that Brian Wood has been asked to write issues for the current Star Wars series that takes that comic well into 2014.

All information seems to point to Dark Horse having the license past the end of 2013, but how long beyond that is anyone's guess. It could be a few months, it could be a few years.

Edited by rjrjr

Which ones the auctions with free shipping or the 1 & 2 that sold for $2.00 at auction 2 weeks back? Its all perspective.

Actually its selling which is a good thing and sets of 1-4 are doing $20-23 currently. Last 4 auctions do show a positive trend, but free shipping skews it some. The trade might help it as well.

I'm talking about the recent trending of solid sales (all green completed) with the complete price ending in the $10-$12 range on most. Couple that with the current supply of BIN listings not being under $12 and you have an upwards trend.