• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

All these copper slabs. Definitely a tip down memory lane. Congrats if that's a Boardie.

All these copper slabs. Definitely a tip down memory lane. Congrats if that's a Boardie.

:cloud9:

:cloud9:

:applause: and (worship)

Which ones the auctions with free shipping or the 1 & 2 that sold for $2.00 at auction 2 weeks back? Its all perspective.

Actually its selling which is a good thing and sets of 1-4 are doing $20-23 currently. Last 4 auctions do show a positive trend, but free shipping skews it some. The trade might help it as well.

I'm talking about the recent trending of solid sales (all green completed) with the complete price ending in the $10-$12 range on most. Couple that with the current supply of BIN listings not being under $12 and you have an upwards trend.

Told you this one would be one to watch

Dukes40: I'll make it simple with PGX...there's a long history of sketchiness and shadiness with PGX. I don't know the whole story, but from what I've heard there are shifty employees of theirs that have pulled a switchie on comics for encapsulation....like replacing a first print with a third.

Also there have been questions pertaining to the actual grading done by PGX, it's understood that things are subjective to a degree...but apparently they take alot of liberties with their grading. So a PGX 9.8 would be like a CGC of a lesser grade (dunno what to say, 9.6, 9.4, etc.).

I've seen PGX 9.9s that are nowhere close to a 9.9....that Peter Panzerfaust 1 for instance.

Overall PGX is viewed as a dubious choice for slabbing for a variety of reasons including but not limited to quality, honesty, regularity, etc.

Typically you'll also see the prices of PGX slabs are notably different than the same grade CGC.

Not going to say that the CGC doesn't have their problems, but there's been no "criminal" allegations against them as far as I know.

Thanks! Very helpful! Didn't know about the questionable practices. Just figured CGC was seen as better because they're a bigger company, and they have the better "brand name/brand recognition", but wasn't sure of the actual product quality.

Again, thanks! :sumo:

Amazing Spider-Man #700 2nd print @ $11+ & 12 bids.

Revival #1 @ $15+ & 3 bids.

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 Sketch Variant @ $15+ & 7 bids.

Captain America #6 @ $16 & 6 bids.

Amazing Spider-Man #361 2nd print @ $20 & 4 bids.

Thanos Rising #1 1:50 Variant @ $21+ & 7 bids.

eBay completed auctions shows Polarity #1 Variants @ $15ish

Dukes40: I'll make it simple with PGX...there's a long history of sketchiness and shadiness with PGX. I don't know the whole story, but from what I've heard there are shifty employees of theirs that have pulled a switchie on comics for encapsulation....like replacing a first print with a third.

Also there have been questions pertaining to the actual grading done by PGX, it's understood that things are subjective to a degree...but apparently they take alot of liberties with their grading. So a PGX 9.8 would be like a CGC of a lesser grade (dunno what to say, 9.6, 9.4, etc.).

I've seen PGX 9.9s that are nowhere close to a 9.9....that Peter Panzerfaust 1 for instance.

Overall PGX is viewed as a dubious choice for slabbing for a variety of reasons including but not limited to quality, honesty, regularity, etc.

Typically you'll also see the prices of PGX slabs are notably different than the same grade CGC.

Not going to say that the CGC doesn't have their problems, but there's been no "criminal" allegations against them as far as I know.

Thanks! Very helpful! Didn't know about the questionable practices. Just figured CGC was seen as better because they're a bigger company, and they have the better "brand name/brand recognition", but wasn't sure of the actual product quality.

Again, thanks! :sumo:

That PP 1 PGX 9.9 belongs to ultra scammer Ryan Elliott - aka djbrady4u among other eBay shills. Avoid at all cost.

It's still an Illuminati comic. I've had a few PMs talking about it. And every dozen pages or so someone mentions it without any responses. I wasn't a fan of the series even though I'm a fan of TSG.

Amazing Spider-Man #700 2nd print @ $11+ & 12 bids.

Revival #1 @ $15+ & 3 bids.

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 Sketch Variant @ $15+ & 7 bids.

Captain America #6 @ $16 & 6 bids.

Amazing Spider-Man #361 2nd print @ $20 & 4 bids.

Thanos Rising #1 1:50 Variant @ $21+ & 7 bids.

eBay completed auctions shows Polarity #1 Variants @ $15ish

I literally gave away my 361 2nd print to someone who bought some books from me. I forget who, but it was only about 2-3 months ago :pullhair: