• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I got Six-Gun Gorilla the other day too. I liked it as well. Will be in for the series. Another series I checked out was A1 comics, an anthology series by a new publisher called Titan I believe. I has 3 stories in it and they were all pretty good.

I got Six-Gun Gorilla the other day too. I liked it as well. Will be in for the series. Another series I checked out was A1 comics, an anthology series by a new publisher called Titan I believe. I has 3 stories in it and they were all pretty good.

A1 is a relaunch and Titan is not a new publisher. too many covers for Issue 1, but thats a book I wouldn't have a problem paying a lot of money for because it looks cool and I like "second chance" publications.

Also @mrween

Wasn't the Hit-Monkey video game eventually passed on and turned into a Deadpool video game?

I don't really see any movement on Hit-Monkey (a character created by Daniel Way in the Deadpool Series). I'd love to see some, but i mean, did anyone else notice the HUGE price drop in Deadpool Volume 2 #48 from last year to now? $35 dollar drop! :(

Since nothing is heating up ATM and we're just talking about good reads I'll go :signofftopic: with another new title I thought was worthy of my cash. It's called Breathe of Bones: Tales of the Golem from Dark Horse. It's a 3 part mini so I doubt many here are interested but I'll be in for the rest of the ride with this one.

Edited by Machiavelli

Also @mrween

Wasn't the Hit-Monkey video game eventually passed on and turned into a Deadpool video game?

I don't really see any movement on Hit-Monkey (a character created by Daniel Way in the Deadpool Series). I'd love to see some, but i mean, did anyone else notice the HUGE price drop in Deadpool Volume 2 #48 from last year to now? $35 dollar drop! :(

Whoever made that gaming decision is a fool. Hit Monkey is def on the list for all time great comic primates!!!

Gorilla Grodd

Detective Chimp

Ampersand

Jackanapes

Hit Monkey

Plus you and I could write, draw and publish a Six-Gun Gorilla comic if we so desired, he's public domain.

Edited by MrWeen

But I'm assuming that since Hit Monkey was announced as a possible video game and now a deadpool video game is about to be released that the Hit Monkey game was scraped.

Can anyone confirm that? BTW I do like the idea of writing a book with Mr.Ween.

But I'm assuming that since Hit Monkey was announced as a possible video game and now a deadpool video game is about to be released that the Hit Monkey game was scraped.

I'm writing a one shot called The Death of The Six-Gun Gorilla. He dies in such a way that it won't feel right to even use him beyond it's release for a good thirty years or so. I'm basing it on the original comics from the 1930's publication Wizard. Grant Morrison will be pleased with my use of obscure character appearances from decades old material. I hope you can draw Jimmy.

I'm writing a one shot called The Death of The Six-Gun Gorilla. He dies in such a way that it won't feel right to even use him beyond it's release for a good thirty years or so. I'm basing it on the original comics from the 1930's publication Wizard. Grant Morrison will be pleased with my use of obscure character appearances from decades old material. I hope you can draw Jimmy.

I hope you're into mixed media ;)

Books heating up in Modern Age that are currently $100 or more on eBay:

Superman Unchained #1 1:300 Sketch Variant @ $261 & 12 bids.

X-Men #297 Gold Pressmen Variant @ $150 & 6 bids.

Grimm Unleashed #1 Philly Nude Variant @ $130 & 28 bids.

Peter Panzerfaust #1 @ $110+ & 8 bids.

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Midtown Variant @ $102+ & 8 bids.

East of West Diamond Retail Variant #1 @ $102+ & 7 bids.

Scarlet Spider #1 Variant @ $100 & 14 bids.

Bonus:

Green Lantern #9 "Batman Variant" @ $61 & 8 bids.