• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

'It came' seems to have almost no supply on ebay. I think it's really good...I rarely get a good laugh out of print media...

Agreed, I chuckled...but...I don't see this as a real winner. Just don't think there's the market for this style of throwback campy humor. My 2¢.

I went back and looked and you are correct. Wow, this book was a consistant $8 to $10 last month up to a couple of weeks ago. Its hard to say why some of this stuff goes up and down. I think its one of the best books on the market right now.

I've seen a bunch of books off a little the last 2 weeks. EOW, Clone, and some others weren't bringing much while Skyward and Day Men were blowing up after being on the market no time.

I give it some thought but I hang on to everything longer than 1 or even 6 months. I think EOW, Five Ghosts, Wake, Lazarus, Trillium, and some others are all good buys right now that I think won't be later. They all bring something new to the table with the exception of maybe Lazarus which is so strong I don't think it matters.

I went back and looked and you are correct. Wow, this book was a consistant $8 to $10 last month up to a couple of weeks ago. Its hard to say why some of this stuff goes up and down. I think its one of the best books on the market right now.

I've seen a bunch of books off a little the last 2 weeks. EOW, Clone, and some others weren't bringing much while Skyward and Day Men were blowing up after being on the market no time.

I give it some thought but I hang on to everything longer than 1 or even 6 months. I think EOW, Five Ghosts, Wake, Lazarus, Trillium, and some others are all good buys right now that I think won't be later. They all bring something new to the table with the exception of maybe Lazarus which is so strong I don't think it matters.

I wouldnt disagree with any of your choices except Five Ghosts. It didnt impress me and the thread doesnt discuss the book much which leads me to think something is overhyped. I highly agree with Wake and the rest all have great potential. Just Five Ghosts makes me go meh

Home run. They are some of the five best new comics for 2013. I still have to get Trillium and read it.

speaking of titles I liked, why you guys no speak about burn the orphanage.

I preordered 10 copies 2 months ago and the store I get my pulls from didn't do my pulls last week. They had 3 copies left for me!

Anyways, it should have potential because

1. video game tie-in

2. creator cross north america tour

3. it sold out before hitting retail

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

I wouldnt disagree with any of your choices except Five Ghosts. It didnt impress me and the thread doesnt discuss the book much which leads me to think something is overhyped. I highly agree with Wake and the rest all have great potential. Just Five Ghosts makes me go meh

I get it. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking up some of these books too much but man when you like something, you like something :grin:

I'm certainly not trying to push my likes on anybody else. I think its awesome we all love comics. I was worried when I was younger that this hobby might go away but it seems to be stronger and stronger and digital lol

Oh yeah, I left off Green Arrow 17 on up ( Lemire run ) writing and art are A plus.

I got the Todd bulk lot. Lost out on Clone and the Hoax Hunters 5 lot while trying to win the Clone. Someone got 5 Hoax Hunter #1's for $18.50. Seems like several people got some great deals.

They all ended at the same time. I kept flipping from one screen to the next because I couldn't believe how much stuff i like was selling. Ended up with a squat sanwich lol

Congrats on your win (thumbs u

As far as 5 Ghosts go there is just something different about that comic that makes it special. Has a Saturday Matinee serial adventure feel to it that really resonates. JMO

Its different from everything else today but familiar from sometime in my life too. Hellboy hit me the same way this story does. It was different from everything else.

speaking of titles I liked, why you guys no speak about burn the orphanage.

I preordered 10 copies 2 months ago and the store I get my pulls from didn't do my pulls last week. They had 3 copies left for me!

Anyways, it should have potential because

1. video game tie-in

2. creator cross north america tour

3. it sold out before hitting retail

I'm just going to post this picture because its what I'm thinking about right now

Yeah but Jimmy, I was rareing for it too, but it's awful, 9 out of 10 comic readers agree. I have copies too, but I think they may have to be used to handle my ferret's poo...oh it looked good, preview tight, talent tight, sold out before it came out....then you read it, and kept saying to yourself...this might be an in joke, but it doesn't really make sense to me. Sorry mate, you can't polish this turd. But be careful as the paper is like fingerprint ink pad...don't touch it....