• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Wow, some of the best books on the market are on the bottom end of print runs. The BOOM titles, Mind MGMT, Clone,....

Pat

I agree with you. I don't understand why some of this stuff doesn't sell better with the positive word of mouth.

This is where the loss of Wizard and CBG hurts. There are a lot of people out there who aren't connected by message boards and the like, and are simply buying what they've always bought: Marvel and DC. 2c

419 Mythopolis 1 $3.99 Ardden 1,963

they got 3 covers, does it mean total print run is 1963X3 or this is the total combined?

I'm pretty sure there were 4 covers and I'm guessing that's the total of all 4.

It is a tough comic to find. I only dug up two of the four.

I got 5 total and of those, 3 were the Dancer which I thought was the best of the bunch.

nice!!! All I want is the dancer cover, and I didn't want buy the set, or buy one you can't pick. (shrug) now this will be real hard to find. 491 per cover.

they got 3 covers, does it mean total print run is 1963X3 or this is the total combined?

I got 5 total and of those, 3 were the Dancer which I thought was the best of the bunch.

nice!!! All I want is the dancer cover, and I didn't want buy the set, or buy one you can't pick. (shrug) now this will be real hard to find. 491 per cover.

Is there a date for #2. I haven't seen it in previews.

Edited by Awax

I think it's coming out the same time as Day Men 2 and NWM 6. lol

All kidding aside, I can't find it either.

I think it's coming out the same time as Day Men 2 and NWM 6. lol

All kidding aside, I can't find it either.

:roflmao:

Gambit CGC 9.8 is nearing $200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221291791736&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:3160

I never read much of him, but always saw him and deadpool mentioned for years as the best new ones of the 1990s Marvel.

He used to be pretty interesting, pretty awesome/cool/extreme (in a good way) a la Wolverine. Used to be a main character instead of a guy in the background.

Then he fell to the wayside for quite some time.

They've SORT OF brought him back a bit, but he's not what he used to be.

I think the next new comic book movie character coming out is Antman in 2015.

Some speculation that Pym will be abusive to the Wasp. Kinda like the Avenger 213 issue.

hank_pym_slap.jpg

She has super powers, right? Couldn't she have zapped him/hit him back or something?

Some speculation that Pym will be abusive to the Wasp. Kinda like the Avenger 213 issue.

hank_pym_slap.jpg

She has super powers, right? Couldn't she have zapped him/hit him back or something?

She's a victim of domestic abuse, an abuser psychologically grooms victims over time so it's not easy to fight back or expose the abuse.

Wow, some of the best books on the market are on the bottom end of print runs. The BOOM titles, Mind MGMT, Clone,....

Pat

I agree with you. I don't understand why some of this stuff doesn't sell better with the positive word of mouth.

Because they're niche titles.

I LOVE time travel, so Trillium is right up my alley.

I like What If? stories, altered history, so Uber is to my liking.

I'm not fond of cop/special forces/army/crime comics, or fantasy(Conan, Red Sonja) comics as much, so Rat Queens, 3 Guns, Ballistic, Suicide Risk don't interest me as much.

hank_pym_slap.jpg

She's a victim of domestic abuse, an abuser psychologically grooms victims over time so it's not easy to fight back or expose the abuse.

:eek: Alright there Buzz Killington.

That got serious VERY quickly.

:(

But yes, very true.

Edited by Dukes40

hank_pym_slap.jpg

:eek: Alright there Buzz Killington.

That got serious VERY quickly.

:(

But yes, very true.

Domestic violence is horrible, so don't get me wrong... That said, this is a comic. I want to laugh at the giant arse antman became. WHAK! WOW so bad I need to pick up a copy.

Gambit CGC 9.8 is nearing $200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221291791736&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:3160

I never read much of him, but always saw him and deadpool mentioned for years as the best new ones of the 1990s Marvel.

He used to be pretty interesting, pretty awesome/cool/extreme (in a good way) a la Wolverine. Used to be a main character instead of a guy in the background.

Then he fell to the wayside for quite some time.

They've SORT OF brought him back a bit, but he's not what he used to be.

On comiclink and mcs they are all above $200. I think the lowest 9.8 was $225.

Wake #4 has a Coffin Hill preview.

Could be relevant in a few months. (shrug)

Yeah... It made me regret ordering 13 copies. Doesn't look like the greatest 2c

Ditto. It doesn't look very good... Which sucks cause the covers look great... Jimmy, perfect # you ordered of this book. Don't know if you planned it that way...

a harley quinn movie would be direct to video. im sure harley has fans, but prices on ba 12 will drop, long before wd 1 will. we can say wd 1 prices will drop every year but i dont see it happening anytime soon. ba 12 is scarce in 9.8 but im still not sure why the price increased this much in less than 1 year.
mid season break under 1500 :whistle:

maybe. market is crazy. but no way ba 12 will hit 2 g's. most harley fans would rather use that money at hot topic or improving their cosplay outfit.

So, in your opinion, the people driving up the prices on BA12 are Harley cosplayers? Interesting theory. Right now, I would rather have four copies of BA 12 than one WD 1.

nope. cosplayers dont buy comics. was saying harleys fans are mostly cosplayers.

This is true. Cosplayers and children shouldn't even be at cons

I wouldn't go that far, cons can be enjoyed on different levels, if someone wants to dress up as their favorite character, so be it. and if parents want to bring their kids what's wrong with that? It's superheroes after all. and in my experience parents do buy comics for their kids, it may be the $1 to $10 variety, but that's ok as well.

Whats wrong with it?

1. Kids count for the count of people in the room, meaning if a convention sells out or is at capacity the kids are taking up the space of an adult.

2. people in cosplay do not buy comics

3. strollers in the way of alleys where people are walking

4. Cosplayers in alleys where people are walking taking pictures

5. Cosplayers bring out the worst in people, i.e. creepy old men taking pictures of there butts and posting it on an internet forum

There is a lot wrong with Cosplayers and children at shows those are just my opening points.

Also

6. Furries

Ive seen plenty of Cosplayers buying comics. Maybe not $100 comics, but comics. Hence the difference they read the books not store them in plastic.

Now overall I get the point they arent the buying market for sellers, but they do buy.

They do both attract attention to the convention from other markets and do market the convention as well.

Banning or even suggesting leaving kids out of conventions is ridiculous. You are choking your own future throat there saleswise.

When my kids were young we did bring strollers to shows and yes its an inconvience for both traffic and the poor parents. Whats next ban wheelchairs too?

In a few years your opinions will change some when you start a family. You will still want to go do shows and to do so you might have to bring the kids.

+1

So I recently saw that there's gonna be a amazing spidey continuing from 700.1...704..etc...

BUTTT,

I see that superior spiderman is continuing as well durring this time,,,so I guess peter's coming back but superior is gonna also stay....?

Anyway I think that prices on superior have been lowish due to the uncertainty of the series continuing...so now?

So I recently saw that there's gonna be a amazing spidey continuing from 700.1...704..etc...

BUTTT,

I see that superior spiderman is continuing as well durring this time,,,so I guess peter's coming back but superior is gonna also stay....?

Anyway I think that prices on superior have been lowish due to the uncertainty of the series continuing...so now?

Or they might combine the titles with Superior Amazing Spider-man All New Marvel Now and start back at issue 1. :roflmao:

BUTTT,

Or they might combine the titles with Superior Amazing Spider-man All New Marvel Now and start back at issue 1. :roflmao:

BUTTT,

and then after about 20 or so issues change the numbering back to 701 just to make everyone mad. lol