• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

JD was a good buy. It is still bringing multiples of cost. Supply and demand, not rarity drives prices.
In this equation are supply and rarity not the same thing? Doesn't perception of scarcity at times drive demand and perception of surplus stifle it?

To me a rare book for example would be the Five Ghosts SDCC set in which they number to fifty. Batman 1 isn't rare to me as over 150,000 were produced and I would venture to say that most are in NM condition or at least in that ballpark. Batman 1 still brings a huge premium and was a great buy in spite of its production due to demand.

I completely agree that perception rules over and replaces reality in many cases. I remember buying Spawn 1 at $8 to $10 per in the early 90s which is an example your point. I don't consider that book rare but it did have a perceived scarcity at that time. 2c

I think I misunderstood your first post, I thought you were saying that rarity is not a factor in pricing, but I think you were saying that rarity alone does not control pricing. I think we agree that supply and demand dictate price and rarity is a factor that can limit the supply and perception of rarity can fuel demand.

Exactly what I was trying to say, you just did a better job with the English lol

JD was a good buy. It is still bringing multiples of cost. Supply and demand, not rarity drives prices.
In this equation are supply and rarity not the same thing? Doesn't perception of scarcity at times drive demand and perception of surplus stifle it?

To me a rare book for example would be the Five Ghosts SDCC set in which they number to fifty. Batman 1 isn't rare to me as over 150,000 were produced and I would venture to say that most are in NM condition or at least in that ballpark. Batman 1 still brings a huge premium and was a great buy in spite of its production due to demand.

I completely agree that perception rules over and replaces reality in many cases. I remember buying Spawn 1 at $8 to $10 per in the early 90s which is an example your point. I don't consider that book rare but it did have a perceived scarcity at that time. 2c

I think I misunderstood your first post, I thought you were saying that rarity is not a factor in pricing, but I think you were saying that rarity alone does not control pricing. I think we agree that supply and demand dictate price and rarity is a factor that can limit the supply and perception of rarity can fuel demand.

Exactly what I was trying to say, you just did a better job with the English lol

Mike is wise. So wise, whenever you place the :preach: symbol it reads ':mike:'

can someone please tell me what's the new way to check ebay best offer accepted price?

the www.benl.ebay trick is not working no more.

Click the "print" link on the original listing

TheWalkingDead5398CGC-eBay_zpsf907eb5f.png

Edited by awakeintheashes

I am having dismal sales this week in canada.....anyone else? it's thanksgiving up here and I would have thought that people would have time for some ebaying....no?

The last for days were the New York Comic Con. From what I could see it seemed like everyone was there. I have no idea how many people they managed to cram in that building..

Edited by Dr Chaos