• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Collider #1 (the first issue of Federal Bureau of Physics before they change the title) is making a jump. Last week, the first issue sold for cover price, but now it's jumping to 10 or 15 bucks. They just announced the DC optioned the movie with Warner Brothers. While it might be the next RIPD (see FBP message board), the news is having and effect

SKULLINS

I love how something that has been optioned for a movie equals "NEW MOVIE COMING OUT" on eBay.

The Sixth Gun, anyone?

:taptaptap:

-slym

I know right I mean why would anyone go to a LCS and buy six copies of #1 and then continuing issues of 2-5

Unlike many movie hype books, Cap 6 is hot after people see the movie--which is a good sign. Many books heat up prior to a movie's release then tank off after at a slow pace. It seems people watched the movie, got home and said "That was a good movie and I liked that character" and proceed to want to have a copy.

I think this book will sustain the prices it is getting now with some room to improve for sure, depending on how they use him going forward.

For a bit, it seemed like the "keys" of the Brubaker run had run their course. I was picking them up on occasion for $1. Crazy up-and-down roller coaster.

Patrick

There was no FBP #1. EDIT. I lied apparerntly. It looks like there was a 1C cover with the new name? Never saw them in the store.

http://connect.collectorz.com/comics/database/collider/1c-352022

Issue #1 came out under the 'Collider' name. Issue two it started going under the FBP name, which probably didn't help much.

[comicchron]

Collider 1* $2.99 DC 15,602

FBP Federal Bureau of Physics 2* $2.99 DC 12,661

FBP Federal Bureau of Physics 3* $2.99 DC 12,580

Edited by Tuff Ghost

Collider #1 (the first issue of Federal Bureau of Physics before they change the title) is making a jump. Last week, the first issue sold for cover price, but now it's jumping to 10 or 15 bucks. They just announced the DC optioned the movie with Warner Brothers. While it might be the next RIPD (see FBP message board), the news is having and effect

SKULLINS

I love how something that has been optioned for a movie equals "NEW MOVIE COMING OUT" on eBay.

The Sixth Gun, anyone?

-slym

Don't be a cynic.

All these movies are getting made. :sumo:

Well I picked up a couple of colliders and crossed my fingers....

The idea that a 911 operator would say that nation wide....Idunno it just got to me, lame writing...

Now Shutters was pretty good, it felt saga-ish....and no immediate price jump on ebay gives me hope for a slow burn, i.e. manifest destiny....

Remember when bedlam #1 was going for 10?

And there's a brandon graham cover....can't go wrong with those right?

SKULLINS

The Sixth Gun, anyone?

-slym

Or new television series. Still waiting on word about Rachel Rising.

what kills me is that i had no idea of its significance and there were multiple copies in there (this was probably 3-6 months after it came out). i just got one of each of the caps in the box.

391 FBP Federal Bureau Of Physics 1 $2.99 DC 3,025

That was for September 2013 numbers Comichron.

Those may be the 1C/ reprint-due-to-name-change numbers.

re- - print

Watch out for the re- - print. If this book blows up, this 1C with the actual ongoing FBP title cover, and a ultra low 3.000 print run, will be in high demand. I went after the 1C when published and it was near impossible to find. Right now there are NO copy's available of the 1c on eBay, except a set with a copy included at auction...

Cheers!

Deadpool #27 variants estimates on print runs.

#26's print run was 44,141.

So the two 1:50 prints runs could be 882 assuming stores order 50 each which we know many stores do not order that many.

The 1:75 print run could be 588.

The 1:15 Variant could be 2942

Lets say half the comics stores order enough to get the big variants.

So the two 1:50 variants would be 441 print run.

The 1:75 variant would be a 294 print run.

Seems too low but how many stores actually order 50 to 75 copies of deadpool.

In my area of 8 comics stores only 1 ordered more than 50.

Agree or disagree ?

I deffinetly noticed a lot more Deadpool #27 on the shelf than usual.

BUT, the cover price is $9.99, so I think that might detract some shops and buyers.

I picked up the Deadpool Taco Variant on Wednesday.

The store had all their other variants out in boxes.

Picked up:

2 copies of Black Widow #1 J. Scott Campbell Variant

1 copy Superior Spider-Man #17 Jones Variant

1 copy of Deadpool Kills Deapool #4 Secret Wars Variant

Was quite happy.

SKULLINS

The Sixth Gun, anyone?

Don't be a cynic.

All these movies are getting made. :sumo:

I am nothing if not cynical.

(:

-slym

Is anyone actually READING Fbp? Because, it's damn good. It was good to begin with and has remained consistent. The art is incredible.

Yeah, man. I'm at issue 5 right now. A few new books like Lazarus and Velvet sucked me in and pushed this back a bit. I plan to catch up this weekend. Hopefully the news increases the chatter and discussion in its thread.

Hah how many do you have left? I think I still have 14 copies of #1 and 1 set of #1-7.

Haha. Not sure. I gave away a few. My scientist friends who only read Big 2 stuff ate this up along with MP and Think Tank. Definitely buying now in case this thing materializes.