• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,833 posts in this topic

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/27/official-justice-league-movie-directed-by-zack-snyder-will-follow-batmansuperman/

Confirmation of Justice League directed by Zack Snyder after Batman vs. Superman. As well as, Vertigo's Fables, 100 Bullets, etc.

rush out and buy those oh so modern Brave & Bold 28's that are heating up on Ebay

I did make mention of 100 Bullets and Fables if you're implying that the post doesn't belong here.

2c

Larry haven't seen your market report in a while (shrug)

I'm currently posting on a private Delphi forum.

CGC boardies as a group are too hostile.

:signfunny: There Lawrence goes again with the stereotypes. :facepalm:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/27/official-justice-league-movie-directed-by-zack-snyder-will-follow-batmansuperman/

Confirmation of Justice League directed by Zack Snyder after Batman vs. Superman. As well as, Vertigo's Fables, 100 Bullets, etc.

Just in case people are wondering, Transmetropolitan 23 is the first appearance of 100 Bullets. As far as I can tell Fables had no preview.

Marvel is in the comics selling business, not the back issue market business.
Yea ? your point? They are losing readers non stop with the reboots so i would say that their short term sales spikes are going to hurt them or should I say the print side of comics.

Also as Larry stated how many times are they going to get retailers to buy into the next big thing only to get burned over and over again... just an opinion !

I agree that the reboots and their lack of care for the secondary market impact their business whether they understand it or not. The people heavily promoting their books and movies and TV shows are old time collectors imo. Marvel will always be a fond memory for me as I grew up in what I consider their peak of art and storytelling. That wasn't enough to keep me mindlessly buying their products. I don't know whether I grew tired of capes ( though I still read Invincible and Injustice ) or if it was the rebooting that ran me off but I do know that they quit producing material I cared about, good or bad.

One major thing I find difficult to handle now, is figuring out what the "core" X-Men or Avengers titles are. (they tell us they ALL matter. haha).

Which ones matter vs which are just side stories/missions, extra books with difficult characters, what's "canon" (in the sense that , yes, it's mostly all, but some of the stuf KIND OF isn't, if you know what I mean).

Like when, around the time of a major Cross-Over or event, you have the X-Ponential X-Men, or the Admonishing Avengers off doing some mission that really doesn't fit with the timeline of events (and may not really seem to fit in logically anywhere).

I read the first couple Avengers World issues (we were told "it's a core book") only to find out that it's just them doing side-missions. It may be important in the future, but I'm thinking no more than yes.

From what I gather, the core books for these teams are:

X-Men

1-All-New X-Men

2-Uncanny X-Men

3-Wolverine and the X-Men

Avengers

1-Avengers

2-New Avengers

3-Uncanny Avengers

Is this correct? Not?

Search me, Chief. (shrug)

Good article but off. I think a lot of those early reboot issues are now in dealers back issue stacks. And as soon as they hit the reboot again the dealers loose money. If they want to play it like tv seasons then go that direction. What they are doing is feeding the hype machine and I think sooner or later retailers are going to stop feeding into their bs. I know a couple of retailers that cut back their orders on the new spider-man and the original sin books because of the super high print numbers and the excessive variants. Not a day later they received strong arm calls from diamond asking them if they where sure they wanted to cut back and that it was going to be a huge book . Those books will be a buck on eBay two weeks after launch and the variants will spike and then decrease. Marvel is horrible. I hope dc keeps the current reboot going.

Agreed.

They print tones of #1's, and then 0.75-.0.5 % of #2, 3, 4, then start printing to demand.

What happens is, people try out the new issues, either like it or don't, and readership falls off since I'm assuming enough people think:

1-I don't like this

or

2- I like this, but not enough to get it on a regular basis./I'd get it if I had more money to spend on comic books.

Speaking of Original Sin, and other pre-orders, it's hard to say "yea" or "nay" to something when you have to order based on a solicite that looks like these:

ORIGINAL SINS #1-2 (of 5)

EVERYBODY HAS ONE...

32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

Bonus Digital Edition Included

or

SILVER SURFER #4

DAN SLOTT (W) • MICHAEL ALLRED (A/C)

•TOP SECRET!!!

CONFIDENTIAL!!!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Or a pre-order for a variant where they release the art 2 weeks before release date.

rush out and buy those oh so modern Brave & Bold 28's that are heating up on Ebay

I did make mention of 100 Bullets and Fables if you're implying that the post doesn't belong here.

2c

100 BULLETS :headbang:

I'm hoping Loveless is next

Just in case people are wondering, Transmetropolitan 23 is the first appearance of 100 Bullets. As far as I can tell Fables had no preview.

Preacher #51 has a 100 Bullets as well, released same month. Now which was first hm

recent BINs over the past week for $34.99 in F/VF and $40 for VF/NM. I'll take that out of any modern book that can be found with a little digging in back issue bins for a couple of bucks.

recent BINs over the past week for $34.99 in F/VF and $40 for VF/NM. I'll take that out of any modern book that can be found with a little digging in back issue bins for a couple of bucks.

I got the $20 BIN :)

I'm buying these all day all that price. Buy low and sell high fellas, 7 more movies to go! Long term hold for me.

Preacher #51 has a 100 Bullets as well, released same month. Now which was first hm

Nice call. Preacher 51 cover is sick too.

comixology has the preacher 51 as may 5, 1999 print release, and the transmetropolitan 23 as june 30, 1999 release, don't know how accurate that is though.

Goes and pulls Preacher #51 from his stack and puts in Mylar . . . :grin:

Found 2 Preacher 51's at the comic store for cover price, both are 9.8 candidates. That comic store has been a goldmine, found multiple copies of Sandman 1's, 8's, Preacher 1, Batman 1, Misc Batman 52's under #12 with variant covers, ASM 361, Other New 52's 1's. ect..I said where did you get all these? He had the entire run of New 52's since they came out!! "Oh, I had them in the back and never put them out in the boxes till now" Owner is super lazy.

Found 2 Preacher 51's at the comic store for cover price, both are 9.8 candidates. That comic store has been a goldmine, found multiple copies of Sandman 1's, 8's, Preacher 1, Batman 1, Misc Batman 52's under #12 with variant covers, ASM 361, Other New 52's 1's. ect..I said where did you get all these? He had the entire run of New 52's since they came out!! "Oh, I had them in the back and never put them out in the boxes till now" Owner is super lazy.

'lazy' is being way too kind.

I sold a raw NM- #6 regular cover for $40 and a FN/VF Buck/Winter Soldier variant for $40 at the Calgary Expo this week. After that I did not put any others out as I only have one or two left.