• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Just wondering, with the rumor of nightwing appearing in the bvs film or in the solo batman, any chances tales of the teen titans 44 will have some value? My brother is planning to give it away. :/

:takeit:

symbiotic #4?

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm wondering, will Ant-Man(Scott Lang)'s value start go up since his moving is coming out? I actually have the 2 issues he first appeared in. :3

WTTB.

You might want to try a different thread to talk about this. This one is for moderns.

happened already. went from a $1-$2 box book to a $65-$150 book. can't imagine much more.

Just wondering, with the rumor of nightwing appearing in the bvs film or in the solo batman, any chances tales of the teen titans 44 will have some value? My brother is planning to give it away. :/

:takeit:

I tend to use $35-$50 books as toilet paper as well (unless they are $150 books living in a slab, in which case it is too rough), so he should probably just toss it.

Edited by the blob

Here is a fun one to watch in the new few months.

New Female Thor announced

New Thor Sister already announced

Spawn issue seems to be creeping upwards

Thoughts?

If Ribics Thor run didn't do much, as great as it was, I don't see anything Thor related to increase in price just because they change his gender and give him a sister.

... and eventually someone will get JSC to do a cover and you will eat those words :P

I have it on good authority that is exactly why Thor is being changed to a female. So they can get creators like JSC to do covers for the title.

I'm in love with the ASM #1 Martin variant.

Over the past month I've noticed that they went from selling at $24 to about $40-$50 on ebay.

I'm just glad I bought two copies at $20 each.

Looks like about $30, still one of the best covers for #1.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=spider+man+1+martin+variant&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

edit: looks like some are tickling $40.

Edited by ygogolak

Looks like the LWA #36 magazine size is the one that everyone gravitates to currently.. Active bids topping $40-50 and none to be found as BIN

I dont know about you but Im just walking away from this book now

This comes out next week. Some people just want it now or dont realize it comes out next week.

Edited by THB

The first image is a photo of the cover taken from Previews mag or something. The other is the Hughes cover, not sure why, and then a photo of Archie dying.

Hard to tell what book this is for but I would guess the Hughes cover.

Dunno whats happening with those listings but here are better examples:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIFE-WITH-ARCHIE-36-37-DOUBLE-SIZE-COMMEMORATIVE-ISSUE-DEATH-OF-ARCHIE-MIB-/390887685094?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5b02b8bbe6

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIFE-WITH-ARCHIE-36-Magazine-Double-Sized-Commemorative-37-SUPER-RARE-/380953398045?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item58b2978b1d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIFE-WITH-ARCHIE-36-Magazine-Double-Sized-Commemorative-37-SUPER-RARE-/380953458310?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item58b2987686

This is why I should never give advice. I thought people would run from the magazine like the plague. I viewed this as a reprint and oversized to boot. (shrug)

+1

I just dropped all my orders on 37 & magazine altogether. There was definitely something fishy going on here with those so called allocations with the Staples variant.. At least with Death of Superman/Joker's daughter you could have flipped these books the same day for a pretty good coin, but that never happened with the allocated books of LWA36

The only reason the magazine is "super rare" is that it doesn't come out until next week.

People who had an old school mail subscription to the magazine received it this week, though, so there are maybe a couple thousand copies already out there.

But once it hits next week, it's not going to be rare at all. I'd bet my shoes that Archie is sending the magazine version to their newsstand vendors, rather than the comic book. So all the book stores and gorcery stores that carry Archie stuff are going to have this magazine in a week. People buying it now at inflated prices are nuts. Heck, by the time it gets shipped to them, they'll be able to just buy it off the rack at Piggly Wiggly.

Edited by Crimebuster

Yeah, it's probably my favorite variant. Anyone else have a different favorite?

They do dip down to $30, but most of those are grabbed right away.

Easily my favorite, but 9.8s are way more than I want to pay still.

Playing the waiting game.

I went to a used book store three weeks ago and they had a X-Factor #15 on the wall for $15.

He was pricing books and stumbled on a Incredible Hulk Annual #5 - I said "how much is that, I'll buy that" - he opened up his overstreet and priced it at $7 so I asked, how do you price your books?

"overstreet"

"why is that book $15?"

"the new marvel avenger Movies"

"oh". Than I bought the first Groot for $7 :cloud9:

BMV :cloud9:

Yeah but the one by Silversnail with the play boys is the one to go to.... lol

I prefer the other one. Just there today picked up some nice books.

15 for X-Factor 15 :o

That seems high. I must have picked up at least 15 of these ( all newsstands! ) from my favorite honeypot this past spring and they are some high grade beauties!

Nice to hear someone is collecting Groot appearances cause there just aren't that many prior to 2007. I'm surprised that Where Monsters Dwell 6 isn't doing better. It reprints his first appearance but came out prior to his second in that Hulk Annual 5. I'm not sure about this but can the Hulk appearance even be considered his second? I have not read that comic because I ran out of cotton gloves but I heard it's a Groot robot not actually Groot? If that's true then wouldn't Supernaturals 4 be his second? It's kinda crazy that Groot was absent from comics for over 20 years.

Sensational Spider-Man # Minus 1 was Groot's 1st appearance after the Hulk annual. Either way, revealed to be a robot or not, that Hulk issue is the 1st time Groot's name and likeness was used in the post FF#1 Marvel universe

Looks like you are right on that Sensational Spidey comic. (worship) But both seem undervalued to me. I don't really think the use of Groot's name being used post FF 1 matters in the least though. I guess his likeness could count as a second appearance but it's up for debate. At this point all Groot appearances prior to 2007 should be worth more.