• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Ok People ! Rant Time ! rantrant

Putting Hard to find or Rare or even Scarce in your Ebay Auction is fine but then you put a pic of 20 copies laying on the floor is counter productive.

This does not give the illusion of Rare or Scarce. This makes the buyers think your full of PooPoo.

Stop the Madness !

Great Googly Moogly !

May the Force be with you. meh

Edited by siro123

Look at MCS's prices on books too. I think it is mostly consignment stuff, but come on, they have stuff listed for 5 times what current FMV is on books all the time.

:facepalm:

well for consignment stuff they have ZERO control over the prices, so its hard to blame them.

Although it would probably behoove them and their consignors?/consignees? to help them manage the prices a bit.

Look at MCS's prices on books too. I think it is mostly consignment stuff, but come on, they have stuff listed for 5 times what current FMV is on books all the time.

well for consignment stuff they have ZERO control over the prices, so its hard to blame them.

Although it would probably behoove them and their consignors?/consignees? to help them manage the prices a bit.

The regular stock prices are all Mile High always. I'm surprised they sell anything. 2c

The regular stock prices are all Mile High always. I'm surprised they sell anything. 2c

THey do have probably one of the top 2-3 largest selection in the country for raws. There is a LOT of value in that. There's a lot of people who are like "Well I can't find these two issues anywhere else, I'll just use a 30% codeword and save on combined shipping. Since I'm here I'll grab a couple other things...." OR there are people who know the prices are ULTRA high, but there's a some things that can be reasonable if they just sit around hit hard during the 50-60% off sales. Additionally, like many other comic shops they make plenty of money selling new comics in their LCS and online to subscribers and with their exclusive variants.