• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Went to 2nd and Charles first this morning (closest to my house)... they were still processing their comics, and they wouldn't be out until later this afternoon. So, off I went to LCS #1 of the day... Darth Vader #3 sold out, but no surprise here, the store seldom orders heavy on anything. LCS #2... Darth Vader #3 completely sold out, surprising because this store orders heavy even on lesser books. This is all before noon. LCS #3... 5 copies of Darth Vader #3 left, a damaged variant, and a variant being held for another customer. I've got to say, I just heard the news about the new characters yesterday, but I didn't think they'd all sell out so quickly. Craziness.

I still have over 100 copies of Darth Vader 3 on my shelf...but I did just put a limit of 1 per local customer... I sold completely out of 1 and 2 and will sell out of this too, but strange that folks are speculating on it lol

fyi...I am not offering this comic for sale, so please don't pm me...I have enough stock for my locals only...just reporting

Edited by G.A.tor

My LCS had a stack of Darth Vader #3 on the shelf and I was able to grab the 1:25 Variant for $12, too.

Good investment. Now flip it.

btw.... I actually like the regular cover-art better than the variant. Can't see squat on the variant.

(shrug)

I still have over 100 copies of Darth Vader 3 on my shelf...but I did just put a limit of 1 per local customer... I sold completely out of 1 and 2 and will sell out of this too, but strange that folks are speculating on it lol

fyi...I am not offering this comic for sale, so please don't pm me...I have enough stock for my locals only...just reporting

Why do you find it strange that people are speculating? Just curious.

My LCS had a stack of Darth Vader #3 on the shelf and I was able to grab the 1:25 Variant for $12, too.

Good investment. Now flip it.

btw.... I actually like the regular cover-art better than the variant. Can't see squat on the variant.

(shrug)

lol Just did! And I agree. The Granov regular cover definitely tops the variant.

usually short print runs are where speculation would be profitable... dv 3 has a huge print run and lots of stores have tons on the shelves.... seems like there should be ample supply relative to "reg" demand...

I will answer my own question by stating that I don't see a single listing on eBay for Futures End 47 (at least not ebay.ca). Does that mean it's going to get hot? Or that no one cares...

There are two BINs on "regular" eBay, one for $25 & one for $30.

:popcorn:

-slym

usually short print runs are where speculation would be profitable... dv 3 has a huge print run and lots of stores have tons on the shelves.... seems like there should be ample supply relative to "reg" demand...

Thanks for responding. How big was the print run? Is there not a long term opportunity for growth here with movies and the popularity of the comic. How about a female villain to fight against Leia? What about bad robots. Who doesn't like bad torture robots!

Pm sent :P

Was going to trade Hulk 181s for copies of this, but forget it I guess. :sorry:

From an LCS in my area - owner tells me the rumor he heard is that there was a printing defect that wasn't discovered until after half the batch had been printed, so only half of the orders went out.

I don't think this is a scarce book, and I wouldn't pay more than cover for one personally, but I could be wrong.

AXSLDyBm.jpg

All marvel books have print defects, if you put them in a bag and board improperly, you will scrape half the ink off the back.

Still picked the DV# 3 3 best copies from my LCS, and cleaned house out with 5 copies of God Of Thunder 12, and 2 copies of Supergirl 34.

See you on the bay.