• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

^this post is worthless without a link.

Almost every seller says it's a low print run. I suspect one guy started it and everyone else thought it sounded good.

I just checked and the print run is 26,890. That doesn't seem that low. Is it low for Hulk or Deadpool?

Edited by Carl Elvis

Almost every seller says it's a low print run. I suspect one guy started it and everyone else thought it sounded good.

I just checked and the print run is 26,890. That doesn't seem that low. Is it low for Hulk or Deadpool?

How many copies did you buy?

They are presumed dead by the community, but as we all know, Bruce had a Bat-Granola bar in that belt of his, next to the shark repellent, and will survive by nibbling on that until they find him.

Maybe, but Snyder's closing pages seem to be pretty clearly suggesting he's cooked and there won't be any outlandish bail-outs this time. I thought the whole story was fantastic and genuinely chilling at times. Hope things stick for a while as this arc deserves to stand tall in the Bat-canon and I'd hate to see it diminished by some ridiculous explanation.

Speaking of Deus Ex Machina, if you haven't read TMNT 45, the Donatello plot twist at the end is worth checking out.

Even if he were dismembered and the pieces fed into a wood chipper, they'd bring him back....not sure anyone, even non-comic usa today readers who saw the article are naïve enough to believe this is his true final death.

But yeah, I hope he's gone for a while and the people of Gotham think he's dead and that there's no rumblings under ground for quite some time.

Edited by krighton

Didn't DC kill off/remove Bruce Wayne from existence, or have some other seemingly significant game changer before the last big multiverse-changing event? With all of the multiple realities converging in the crossover, I'm sure they can pluck at least one living Bruce and Joker from the masses.

Is Convergence a bit like march madness....do they move on fighting another city until there's only 1 city left or is each city interdependent of each other city. And they're allowed to survive if they win their initial fight.

Edited by krighton

Yes he is gone. Snyder said as much.He also said of course down the road he will be back because thats how comics are. However if you've been reading the whole run this was a perfect inevitable conclusion. Why everyone is saying he wont stay dead, as if thats news of some sort is not the point. This is a Batman run that will be remembered.

Snyder posted an interview where he said what you see happening is what is happening...no tricks.

Is that the same interview where he said you don't kill off a hero without already having the plan to bring him back done already?

Yes he is gone. Snyder said as much.He also said of course down the road he will be back because thats how comics are. However if you've been reading the whole run this was a perfect inevitable conclusion. Why everyone is saying he wont stay dead, as if thats news of some sort is not the point. This is a Batman run that will be remembered.

Exactly! All of the people saying Batman's not dead...no *spoon* Captain Obvious. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that he's coming back.

When? How will that happen? What are the short and long term effects? How is the new arc with "Mecha-Batman" going to be? Those types of questions are what's going to make it interesting.

Same with Joker. You can't kill off the greatest villain in comics.

Edited by 21Pittsburgh58

Exactly! All of the people saying Batman's not dead...no *spoon* Captain Obvious. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that he's coming back.

When? How will that happen? What are the short and long term effects? How is the new arc with "Mecha-Batman" going to be? Those types of questions are what's going to make it interesting.

Right... so what makes the same story that has been told before (major character "killed" but never dead) worth the kind of money being paid?

Is it an investment? For what time frame? When does it get "higher" than it is today? (shrug)

How many copies did you buy?

1 but maybe I should have grabbed extras.

I've got 2 sets of Futures End 46 and 47. They seem to have cooled a bit. Do you think they're worth slabbing as 9.8's?

Will they pick up after Convergence with the Tim Drake Batman Beyond series?

What I mean to say is will one of you buy them off of me for at least $45 per in three months?

Right... so what makes the same story that has been told before (major character "killed" but never dead) worth the kind of money being paid?

Is it an investment? For what time frame? When does it get "higher" than it is today? (shrug)

Great storytelling? Epic arc? Snyder/Capullo? Joker/Batman? Legacy?

It's NOT the same story that's been told before. It's been a brand new story that has kicked .

Why are people buying older Valiant comics all of a sudden? Why are people spending money on books that were stone cold for YEARS? It's not because the storytelling got better. It's because of the movie deal announcement. Speculation.

People will buy/speculate/collect what they want. There is no need to justify what people spend their money on. Just enjoy the ride.

Edited by 21Pittsburgh58