• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I have to admit, they've done a masterful job of bringing diversity to the marvel universe....virtually every Caucasian white male has been replaced by a different race or gender. Doctor Strange is one of the last left standing.

Edited by krighton

I have to admit, they've done a masterful job of bringing diversity to the marvel universe....virtually every Caucasian white male has been replaced by a different race or gender. Doctor Strange is one of the last left standing.

At least they're not making Deadpool a victim of the PC squad

At least they're not making Deadpool a victim of the PC squad

isn't he "dead" plus under that burnt skin they could retcon him to be any ethnicity really.

i'm all for diversity in comics though, Marvel's doing it far better than DC. well lets face it Marvels doing a lot better than DC right now.

I'm all for diversity too, but I don't feel the need to bastardize the long term characters by changing them all around (Thor's female, Iceman's gay, etc). I understand from a marketing standpoint in our PC world it makes sense, but some things should be left alone. I think that there are plenty of opportunitites to introduce these traits in new characters but whatever, maybe that's just me :preach:

I'm all for diversity too, but I don't feel the need to bastardize the long term characters by changing them all around (Thor's female, Iceman's gay, etc). I understand from a marketing standpoint in our PC world it makes sense, but some things should be left alone. I think that there are plenty of opportunitites to introduce these traits in new characters but whatever, maybe that's just me :preach:

+1 Instead of coming up with creative stories using these character what does Marvel do? They say how about we change the gender or character's identity yeah that is creative and will sell in the short term however if it doesn't add anything other than the current percentage of the specific PC trend it shouldn't be done. They can make Spidey for instance a purple alien for a while but in the end it doesn't add only subtracts from his character IMO.

+1

I'll certainly back you up on that.

Surprised football/hockey teams don't require more diversity on their o line & d line.

Nope. But Superbowl commercials sure did adapt to diversity and closing on the gender gap this year

Seriously, Marvel and DC aren't artist communes in Bohemian 19th century Europe. They are owned by large corporations who try to target specific audiences to make money. The appetites of the market (and the demographics of the possible market) are always changing, and these companies try to address these to maximize their profits, profit share, and markets. Sometimes they do it better than others, and certainly not everything works.

Surprised football/hockey teams don't require more diversity on their o line & d line.

Maybe Caytlin Jenner will try to win the decathlon in the Senior Olympics and enter the Guinness book of world records. hm

Maybe if anyone at the big 2 had an ounce of talent who could actually create a brand new character of quality from scratch......

Edited by Lonzilla

Maybe if anyone at the big 2 had an ounce of talent who could actually create a band new character of quality from scratch......

:o

More Bluebird please.

Who? Never heard of him / her