• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,770 posts in this topic

Other popular covers are #70, #80 and #81.
And 65, they're all pretty good.

I love most of his covers, his run on wonder woman is nice too, not to mention power girl

Edited by kapzilla

I buy every Hughes cover that catches my eye in bargain bins, put them in mylars and sell them $5-$35, regularly.

Lady Rawhide, Tomb Raider & Fables are swell too...

Hughes covers are pretty sweet. I suspect that many people don't know them or aren't aware of them and when they see them that way they sell.

Then you should have made out just fine :wishluck:

Profit-wise? Absolutely. Considering that I paid cover for it when it came out & my other copy was a 50-cent bin pull (both 9.6) but could have gotten another $50 or so if I would have waited a few more weeks. Oh well. I can always dump the 2nd copy if I want to maximize this time around.

I buy every Hughes cover that catches my eye in bargain bins, put them in mylars and sell them $5-$35, regularly.

Hughes covers are pretty sweet. I suspect that many people don't know them or aren't aware of them and when they see them that way they sell.

I like his Star Wars covers especially Purge.

I like his Star Wars covers especially Purge.

Purge has been a wall book for me since the month it shipped.

Great book.

GI Joe #2 cover B. :acclaim:

I haven't had luck selling the variant even though it rarely pops up.

I don't know if Cho Hulk happens it'll raise price, seems to be people are much more willing to pay top dollar on a rumour than once they see the actual finished product. However with Maestro becoming big I could see Cho becoming him and then Hulk/Banner vs Maestro/Cho rivalry that would be cool.

I don't know if Cho Hulk happens it'll raise price, seems to be people are much more willing to pay top dollar on a rumour than once they see the actual finished product. However with Maestro becoming big I could see Cho becoming him and then Hulk/Banner vs Maestro/Cho rivalry that would be cool.

Sell the sizzle, not the steak. :gossip: