• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Well.... seems all the 1st prints are gone from ebay.... presumably sold...

mine sold, probably should have listed it for more... well I think I'll sell one more....

???

Just click bait to see his eBay page with him shilling Tephlon Funk #1's.

I was commenting on the idea that if something sells then the seller should have listed it for more. Weird.

Is this thread only for people who don't own comics for sale?

No. This is a thread about literal nonsense, where grown men debate there opinions. It no longer has anything to do with comics heating up. Google+ is now miles ahead of this thread, which is crayy

I thought Google+ was where I could buy "cool" shirts and "cool" variants?

No. Its where people actually talk about comics heating up.

This thread sucks now. Gone are the days of this thread giving vital comic book heating up information.

No. This is a thread about literal nonsense, where grown men debate there opinions. It no longer has anything to do with comics heating up. Google+ is now miles ahead of this thread, which is crayy

This thread sucks now. Gone are the days of this thread giving vital comic book heating up information.

Using real names on G+ sure does keep the vindictive lunatics at an arms length.

This thread worthless now.

Fight

person_without_enough_empathy

Complain....

Repeat.

sighhh...

I was talking about these before they came out and was thanked on some of the boards, and of course I bought some too, but now that I am selling them as well, I'm shilling...

look for yourself, they have been selling, they're aren't many out there...

Is this thread only for people who don't own comics for sale? You all are directing people to my ebay site, I'm not hiding it.... but who do you think directs your attention to 'hot' comics? People who don't have them, or people who do?

Or is it only okay when you post things? but here I am again feeding the trolls

You sold it and made a nice profit but you should have listed it for more? ???

I assume you sold it off eBay. When I clicked the listing it just showed the listing had ended.

No, I sold if for the price I asked on ebay.... don't know why you're getting those results... If something sells the week I listed it, I always feel like I should have asked for more...

Anyway for what it's worth, they have a limited quantity of their hip hop variants for sale... one purchase per order... sets have a limit of 25 ( 25 people will get to order 1 set ) and the rest are limited to 100 ( 75 for one of the variants, and I'm not sure why ). I don't think the sets will last more then an hour...

I think this is good info for you all, but I am sure I'm gonna get dumped on here too...

http://tephlonfunk.com/shop/

sighhh...

I was talking about these before they came out and was thanked on some of the boards, and of course I bought some too, but now that I am selling them as well, I'm shilling...

Is this thread only for people who don't own comics for sale? You all are directing people to my ebay site, I'm not hiding it.... but who do you think directs your attention to 'hot' comics? People who don't have them, or people who do?

I assume you sold it off eBay. When I clicked the listing it just showed the listing had ended.

No, I sold if for the price I asked on ebay.... don't know why you're getting those results... If something sells the week I listed it, I always feel like I should have asked for more...

Anyway for what it's worth, they have a limited quantity of their hip hop variants for sale... one purchase per order... sets have a limit of 25 ( 25 people will get to order 1 set ) and the rest are limited to 100 ( 75 for one of the variants, and I'm not sure why ). I don't think the sets will last more then an hour...

I think this is good info for you all, but I am sure I'm gonna get dumped on here too...

http://tephlonfunk.com/shop/

Hip hop variants? What an original idea! :applause:

Just messing with you. Saw the posting on CHU, and same as when the 1st ones were announced I couldn't bring myself to buy it. I despise hip hop and the premise of the book didn't appeal to me.

But good luck hawking them

To each their own, the Google+ sites to me don't offer that much in new information.

As far as bickering and such, there seems to be as much as here. On Larry's site there is Larry getting bent out of shape over someone saying they hate D-Man. It seems very similar in fact to here.

sighhh...

Isn't that the whole point of speculation in general? Nothing wrong with making a profit then again the new generation is being taught capitalism is broken or never worked.

This is becoming Bizarro World indeed.

:screwy:

sighhh...

Isn't that the whole point of speculation in general? Nothing wrong with making a profit then again the new generation is being taught capitalism is broken or never worked.

This is becoming Bizarro World indeed.

:screwy:

Well.....capitalism doesn't work. hm

Carver 1 was never mentioned in this thread. Why?

Because this isn't a thread about comics heating up

hm

You just mentioned it in a thread that apparently does not mention comics heating up. Does that mean it is not heating up? :insane:

+1 Always thought #17 being the big book wouldn't/won't last. It makes more since for #18, especially with him being on the cover, to be the top dog.

Agreed. In an industry where Wolverine can be seen in full view and yell his own name at the Hulk in Hulk #180... it's still Hulk #181 that's the big one.

We get nothing remotely close to that in MOS #17. The Web of Spider-man #18 (or #24) example for Venom is a perfect comparison.

Actually it makes perfect sense.

Comics tell stories and Wolverine is not a part of the story in hulk 180. If a person wants to know how wolverine's story first began they need to read hulk 181.

If that same person only wants to see a meaningless picture of Wolverine in the last panel at the end of another story openly enticing the reader to buy the next issue so they can actually see his first adventure then they can save a ton of money and settle for a hulk 180.

-J.

+1

Yep, back in the day, the only way to read that story was to get the issue, as there were no digital, trade paperbacks, or reprint's of Wolverine's first story for 12 years after it was first told.

Think about that.... if you wanted to read about Wolverine's first appearance, for 12 YEARS, the only way to do that was to track down IH 181.

IH 180? Pfft. That's no Wolverine story. I know it may be hard for some modern collector's to comprehend, but back then, the majority of people who collected, did so out of a love for the comics, to READ them.

That's why IH 181 is more valuable. Collectors wanted it to read about Wolverine.

It's not like these days when all of these 'collectibles' are simply manufactured to make money off of the less informed.

Sorry but I attribute the success of 181 to the cover. There are many examples of a characters first appearing in the issue that came out just prior to the first cover appearance. Back then we didn't have an internet so correcting things like this happened at a snails pace and by the time collectors got it right the damage has been done and the voices of truth fell on deaf ears.

Who cares about your personal opinions about man of steel 18?!?

Talk about comics heating up, is it that difficult?

Wrath 1. You're welcome.

I've been waiting for the Ultraverse to heat up!

lol Maybe my Rune and Mantra comics will go up in value too.

If Visionaries, M.A.S.K., Rom and G.I.Joe can all be getting adapted into a live action, cinematic universe then anything is on the table. I was at a store which was liquidation 1/2 million books the other day and found myself face to face with 40 long boxes of Ultraverse. I went through them all and you know what I found, not a single final issue of any title. In the wild some of those issues are quite rare. I am definitely not saying buy Ultraverse but you just never know.

Speculatively speaking I also have the feeling that Wraith is the next V-Wars and not the next Strain.

Wow, a slow month with moderns, shortly after Alias and MOS17&18 blew up, and now were selling bridges..

If its slow, its just slow

we dont need to FORCEFULLY look for moderns heating up if they dont exist.

When a modern SERIOUSLY HEATS UP, trust me, it will be discussed here..

.. And then everyone will have beef with us for over analyzing it lol

Using real names on G+ sure does keep the vindictive lunatics at an arms length.

This thread worthless now.

Fight

person_without_enough_empathy

Complain....

Repeat.

Larry,

Is there a certain group or anything to look for on Google plus? I've never looked around there.

Wow, a slow month with moderns, shortly after Alias and MOS17&18 blew up, and now were selling bridges..

That covers it. Heat in December is tough to come buy. Most people are probably busy buying for others right now.

That covers it. Heat in December is tough to come buy. Most people are probably busy buying for others right now.

There are plenty of "others" who like to get comics as a gift . . . :baiting: