• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Not sure about you guys but I can't even stand what Marvel has churn out over the last year. Only a small handful of good stories and art but lately there is virtually nothing I am looking forward to seeing ever week.

When is the fad of Lady Thor, Wolverine chic, different Cap guy, etc going to end. It really is getting painful how bad the material is.

Diverse centric Marvel is in it for the long haul

The only Marvel book I buy without fail is Deadpool. Figure if the company is going to become a parody of itself, may as well buy the obvious joke filled mag

Not sure about you guys but I can't even stand what Marvel has churn out over the last year. Only a small handful of good stories and art but lately there is virtually nothing I am looking forward to seeing ever week.

When is the fad of Lady Thor, Wolverine chic, different Cap guy, etc going to end. It really is getting painful how bad the material is.

too many story lines about female heroes / not enough storylines about Frankencastle

literally the worst marvel thing i've read in the past 20 years.

words like that get you murdered round these parts.

I have found a few good books from the relaunch.

Ulitmates is art and writing, done very well. Yet....lowest ordered book at my lcs. Blue Marvel is such an interesting character, and his 1st appearance with one of the lowest print runs I've seen on a modern Marvel 1st appearance is an awesome story as well.

Star-Lord is a sleeper hit, we just got a new Yondu based more off the Roker like Youndu from the movies, and only Star-Lord readers are aware of them ret-coning his origin in this book, and doing a pretty good job of it.

Mighty Thor, great book.

Guardians of Infinity, yep.

Illuminati, you kind of have to feel bad for Titania. Kind of.

All-New Wolverine, 10.

Extraordinary X-Men, yeah......best X-Book in a really long time.

A-Force ongoing looks good after 1 issue, Spider-Man Deadpool is awesome, Cable was fixed in Deadpool/Cable:Split Second, Vision, Doctor Strange, I could keep going o the good ones that are worth reading, but then it might hype them out of my purchase capabilities! lmao

I don't get all the hate, besides the 15 spider-books, and the other derivative Gwen Stacy characters what is SO BAD that you have sworn off Marvel? Either you aren't really reading, or are just complaining that Logan is dead, and a woman is now Wolverine? Or Thor is a woman, or Captain America has wings, Hulk is an Asian kid with an eleventy billion IQ, or Galactus is now a life giver.....change would do most of you some good.

too many story lines about female heroes / not enough storylines about Frankencastle

or space Punisher.

I don't get all the hate, besides the 15 spider-books, and the other derivative Gwen Stacy characters what is SO BAD that you have sworn off Marvel? Either you aren't really reading, or are just complaining that Logan is dead, and a woman is now Wolverine? Or Thor is a woman, or Captain America has wings, Hulk is an Asian kid with an eleventy billion IQ, or Galactus is now a life giver.....change would do most of you some good.

I don't like change, that's why my furniture doesn't get moved. If past history is anything, it won't be long before Marvel changes it back. At least make Steve Rogers Captain America again

I don't like change, that's why my furniture doesn't get moved. If past history is anything, it won't be long before Marvel changes it back. At least make Steve Rogers Captain America again

Matter of time. Rogers will be Cap for the next bajillion years. I do wish they would transition the characters to reflect some idea of time. Peter Parker can't be the same age for another century. It's ridiculous.

Not loving the new marvel and i find it hard to pick through all the titles to find the good stuff just buying covers i like until the weak books fall off and i grab trades for the good ones. To many good books from other publishers to force myself into a marvel coma

lol , touche'...

I was a huge Marvel Zombie, but I now agree. It's horrible.

I have liked Daredevil well enough. Not sure about this 10-finger fool, but I like his sidekick.

The new Uncanny X-men with the villian X-men was really bad. I like Land, but he makes everyone smile no matter what is happening. And Sabretooth smiling is really dumb. I couldn't even tell the chick was Monet until they said it (love the character). It feels like a poor attempt to get Uncanny X-Force back.

Patrick

So.....this Marvel relaunch has the same staying power as Marvel Now just as expected. Don't worry, the next round of #1s is already being set up for 2018. lol:tonofbricks:

I am curious to know what the minimum viable monthly sales are for a big two title to stay viable. Unlike the Image or other indie books, the big 2 are in it as a business not a creator's labor of love. As a result, certain sales numbers are needed or the titles aren't worth printing.

Edited by kimik

I am curious to know what the minimum viable monthly sales are for a big two title to stay viable.

Star Wars carries the brand now. Marvel Universe stuff is all profit basically.

I am also surprised this thread has had 0 talk of the Deadpool #2 Hip Hop Variant. I am not sure why, 9,000 copies exist, but they are cracking home runs at almost $200 raw. I have yet to see one graded.

Back to comics heating up.

I have found a few good books from the relaunch.

Ulitmates is art and writing, done very well. Yet....lowest ordered book at my lcs. Blue Marvel is such an interesting character, and his 1st appearance with one of the lowest print runs I've seen on a modern Marvel 1st appearance is an awesome story as well.

Star-Lord is a sleeper hit, we just got a new Yondu based more off the Roker like Youndu from the movies, and only Star-Lord readers are aware of them ret-coning his origin in this book, and doing a pretty good job of it.

Mighty Thor, great book.

Guardians of Infinity, yep.

Illuminati, you kind of have to feel bad for Titania. Kind of.

All-New Wolverine, 10.

Extraordinary X-Men, yeah......best X-Book in a really long time.

A-Force ongoing looks good after 1 issue, Spider-Man Deadpool is awesome, Cable was fixed in Deadpool/Cable:Split Second, Vision, Doctor Strange, I could keep going o the good ones that are worth reading, but then it might hype them out of my purchase capabilities! lmao

Simply put: Thor, if he has to be the norse god of mythology, is NOT a woman.

Making it a woman does not make sense, and it is even irritating to use Jane Foster.

Also, Jason Aaron does not have the background to write this kind of things.

I am not annoyed by Falcon taking the mantle of Captain America, but the whole idea about Thor does not make sense to begin with.

So.....this Marvel relaunch has the same staying power as Marvel Now just as expected. Don't worry, the next round of #1s is already being set up for 2018. lol:tonofbricks:

I am curious to know what the minimum viable monthly sales are for a big two title to stay viable. Unlike the Image or other indie books, the big 2 are in it as a business not a creator's labor of love. As a result, certain sales numbers are needed or the titles aren't worth printing.

They must be doing something right since the comic shop owner I talked to Wednesday said last month was his best month in over 20 years. And new books were about 90% of his sales for the month. I have not read a new book in probably a year but there must be a ton of people buying books if he can make that claim.

They must be doing something right since the comic shop owner I talked to Wednesday said last month was his best month in over 20 years. And new books were about 90% of his sales for the month. I have not read a new book in probably a year but there must be a ton of people buying books if he can make that claim.

People are still speculating on #1s so the past 2 or 3 months should have been great for stores due to the Marvel relaunch and new Star Wars spin off #1s. That being said, we should see a drop off as the titles get longer in the tooth. The same thing happened with the New 52 relaunch, although the New 52 #1s have much better back issue staying power as DC has not restarted everything within 24 months on the top titles like Marvel does.

Star Wars carries the brand now. Marvel Universe stuff is all profit basically.

Agreed, and right now the only regular superhero title that is close to it in monthly sales is Batman. I am curious to see what the sales numbers are for the new #1s or books like DK3 without the multitude of store or other variant covers. There are a ton of variants that help pump up sales #s.