• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I managed to grab one like 4 days ago for $55, that looks to be about an 8.5, but should be pressable and might get a 9 or a 9.2 out of it. I noticed other copies that were in far worse shape (7.5 to 8.0) with many spine tics and color lose on the back spine that were going for $75 plus. Even the Marvel Must Have reprints of NYX3 and NYX 4 are now getting $15 or more.

I am 95% sure I have the X-23 Woman of Marvel issue somewhere but have not been able to dig it out yet.

There's a 6.5 that is selling for $75. Should I buy it?

My gut says this book is going to come back down to earth some. I think that 6.5 will lose about 1/2 its value over the next year. If $75 is not a hardship for you maybe, but be very cautious.

That's why I am not to keen of buying it right now. Although I see a lot of people selling it for over $100 now.

I managed to grab one like 4 days ago for $55, that looks to be about an 8.5, but should be pressable and might get a 9 or a 9.2 out of it. I noticed other copies that were in far worse shape (7.5 to 8.0) with many spine tics and color lose on the back spine that were going for $75 plus. Even the Marvel Must Have reprints of NYX3 and NYX 4 are now getting $15 or more.

I am 95% sure I have the X-23 Woman of Marvel issue somewhere but have not been able to dig it out yet.

There's a 6.5 that is selling for $75. Should I buy it?

My gut says this book is going to come back down to earth some. I think that 6.5 will lose about 1/2 its value over the next year. If $75 is not a hardship for you maybe, but be very cautious.

That's why I am not to keen of buying it right now. Although I see a lot of people selling it for over $100 now.

I wouldn't recommend buying that right now.

There's one shilled auction that got everyone believing this book is worth something.

It will settle down soon enough. And if you decide you even still want it then, get it then. (thumbs u

-J.

At some point I'm going to have to look up and find out who in the heck this X character is, and why everyone wants a copy of its first appearance. Rocket Raccoon's cousin?

She has been building in popularity for many years, and is the new Wolverine. There are also several rumors that the character is going to be in the next Wolverine movie.

Totally nutzo! What about Wolvie #80??? :grin:

Gets NO love unless it's high grade.

There's too many out there but with that scene from X-Men Apocalypse people aren't bashing it nearly as much.

It's still being bashed.

The storyline has nothing to do with Laura.

Attempted ret-con by speculators notwithstanding. :ohnoez:

-J.

Still haven't read the issue have you?

There's too many out there but with that scene from X-Men Apocalypse people aren't bashing it nearly as much.

It's still being bashed.

-J.

lol Yes I have, have you ?

-J.

It's still being bashed.

-J.

-J.

I was buying the title when it came out. We have had this discussion before.

It's still being bashed.

-J.

-J.

I asked this last time it was brought up: Is there any X-23 issue that specifically references Wolverine 80? I just went through Wolverine 80 last week while I was filing some comics and there's nothing in Wolverine 80 that's even close to a connection to X-23.

nothing worse than hot comic talk of which you have 0 copies.

Except when you sold yours tooooo early UGH

good point...I've been both and the pain never goes away

Tell me about it. I sold Walking Dead 19 for 8$. Granted I got it for 1$ at a Con but still. The pain really never left me.. :(

It's still being bashed.

-J.

-J.

I asked this last time it was brought up: Is there any X-23 issue that specifically references Wolverine 80? I just went through Wolverine 80 last week while I was filing some comics and there's nothing in Wolverine 80 that's even close to a connection to X-23.

I look at it like this. I read the book at the time. I was quite sure at the time it was plot drop for later. Why else would they put up a vial of his tissue/blood clear labeled for you to see it(94) and have the Native storyline(04) years later with Sabretooth clearly was leading that way.

Does it come out and say it nope sure doesn't. Does the potential exist to do so, is really the question. I think it does and at some point it will be referenced.

Now keep mind I am not selling this book currently I have a copy or two somewhere, but I would have to dig to find it.

Tell me about it. I sold Walking Dead 19 for 8$. Granted I got it for 1$ at a Con but still. The pain really never left me.. :(

Ive mentioned this somewhere before...in the 90s I had 2 full boxes of MTG alpha decks, sealed and couldn't give them away. I'm sometimes too far ahead of the curve for my own good.

Ive mentioned this somewhere before...in the 90s I had 2 full boxes of MTG alpha decks, sealed and couldn't give them away. I'm sometimes too far ahead of the curve for my own good.

Ouch! :cry:

It's still being bashed.

-J.

-J.

I look at it like this. I read the book at the time. I was quite sure at the time it was plot drop for later. Why else would they put up a vial of his tissue/blood clear labeled for you to see it(94) and have the Native storyline(04) years later with Sabretooth clearly was leading that way.

Does it come out and say it nope sure doesn't. Does the potential exist to do so, is really the question. I think it does and at some point it will be referenced.

Now keep mind I am not selling this book currently I have a copy or two somewhere, but I would have to dig to find it.

To which I respond (and this is from my recollection) :

1) Marvel doesn’t acknowledge it. AT ALL. The earliest reference *I* can find to it is a post on Bleeding Cool c.2014. Bleeding Cool has NO affiliation with Marvel whatsoever.

2) It completely ignores facts established in her origin book:

a) Her name has NOTHING to do with a sample name. It specifically refers to the fact she’s the 23rd attempt to create a female clone (“X” refers to X-CHROMOSOME, NOT the Weapon X project).

b) The sample she was created from was recovered by Dale Rice during Logan’s escape from Weapon X. Sutter recovered it from his corpse immediately after. There’s no evidence that Dr. Munoz was ever involved with the Facility, or that it ever passed through her hands.

It’s fanon. Period. That’s all it ever was, and that’s all it ever WILL be. ESPECIALLY so long as Marvel doesn’t acknowledge it. For anyone to imply that it has “traction” is at BEST laughable.

-J.

It's still being bashed.

-J.

-J.

To which I respond (and this is from my recollection) :

1) Marvel doesn’t acknowledge it. AT ALL. The earliest reference *I* can find to it is a post on Bleeding Cool c.2014. Bleeding Cool has NO affiliation with Marvel whatsoever.

2) It completely ignores facts established in her origin book:

a) Her name has NOTHING to do with a sample name. It specifically refers to the fact she’s the 23rd attempt to create a female clone (“X” refers to X-CHROMOSOME, NOT the Weapon X project).

b) The sample she was created from was recovered by Dale Rice during Logan’s escape from Weapon X. Sutter recovered it from his corpse immediately after. There’s no evidence that Dr. Munoz was ever involved with the Facility, or that it ever passed through her hands.

It’s fanon. Period. That’s all it ever was, and that’s all it ever WILL be. ESPECIALLY so long as Marvel doesn’t acknowledge it. For anyone to imply that it has “traction” is at BEST laughable.

-J.

Wizard Magazine mentioned this comic in some capacity long before 2014. I believe the creators of X-23 may have denied that they used the vile from Wolverine 80 as any sort of inspiration but the studio making X films seems to like the idea. If a vile of blood ever directly leads to the cinematic creation of X-23 Wolverine 80 should do just fine. No matter what the truth is, the coincidence is kinda cool.

This just proves my point- especially if what you said about Wizard is true- that Wolverine 80 is just a sad attempt at a ret-con by people who want to speculate on the book.

Unfortunately , people who actually READ comics will know better.

And the people who get all their comics knowledge from a movie won't care.

Hence why the book is a fail.

-J.