• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,821 posts in this topic

Scarlet #1 is on fire and I just got home from hunting :grin:

<a  href=SCARLETlot_zps2kdqhqni.jpg' alt='SCARLET

This is hilarious. I am almost positive that this is a book that I spec-ed on. I only did it for two or three months. The winners were Morning Glories 1 and Sixth Gun 1 and the losers (previously) were The Scourge and Scarlet. Time to start digging.

This isn't the first time we have gone thru this drought issue.

I really wish we were more selective in our members because some on here don't appreciate anything. That will never happen, but one can dream.

I have caught grief for the Books in the Wild thread as well. I guess I am just used to the way the board used to be. Before we had all these vampire speculator web sites. We used to share quite a bit.

Its the influx of new people in the hobby the last two years. They have turned off many a board member and that's why you don't see as many here anymore. They are still buying and selling comics they just choose not to contribute here anymore and a lot of ways I cant blame them.

Sure. Why give tips to people who won't be here in a year or two?

Gotta start recruiting fresh blood !!

Those who come into it chasing 'hot books' are joining this hobby for the wrong reasons. In general. Maybe they'll gain a real appreciation of the art form eventually, but... that's again, generally, NOT what I've seen.

I like the people who come into my shop that are 'digital' READERS, attracted to the hobby through the storytelling and art (an aspect that's fully from digital), I think they have a better chance of sticking around. No matter how bad some things get... there's always something else worth reading...

Chasing hot books... will only lead to disappointment for most.

This isn't the first time we have gone thru this drought issue.

I really wish we were more selective in our members because some on here don't appreciate anything. That will never happen, but one can dream.

I have caught grief for the Books in the Wild thread as well. I guess I am just used to the way the board used to be. Before we had all these vampire speculator web sites. We used to share quite a bit.

Its the influx of new people in the hobby the last two years. They have turned off many a board member and that's why you don't see as many here anymore. They are still buying and selling comics they just choose not to contribute here anymore and a lot of ways I cant blame them.

Sure. Why give tips to people who won't be here in a year or two?

Gotta start recruiting fresh blood !!

Those who come into it chasing 'hot books' are joining this hobby for the wrong reasons. In general. Maybe they'll gain a real appreciation of the art form eventually, but... that's again, generally, NOT what I've seen.

I like the people who come into my shop that are 'digital' READERS, attracted to the hobby through the storytelling and art (an aspect that's fully from digital), I think they have a better chance of sticking around. No matter how bad some things get... there's always something else worth reading...

If they are digital readers what are they up to in your store?

I primarily read digital copies and collect physical copies...

I primarily read digital copies and collect physical copies...

Yep. Larry referred to it as the grocery store rack for a new generation.

People start by reading it on digital. They move on to wanting physical copies once they see it as something they want to collect.

The attraction is art and stories you can hold in your hand.

Not what some dupe on eBay will pay for it later.

Yea, it's been tough to find not too long after it was released. Only 4 of each 9.8 & 9.6 on the census. If yours is high grade, I would slab it.

Yep. Larry referred to it as the grocery store rack for a new generation.

People start by reading it on digital. They move on to wanting physical copies once they see it as something they want to collect.

People like to collect things. To different levels, it seems like most people have an inherent psychological drive to accumulate. 2c

Kind of surprised to see so many coming up for sale all at once the past week....

-J.

I wanted to show the completed too and not just the sold ones, but thanx

Avenging Spider-Man #9 is heating up. This book has taken off, died, taken off again, died again and the seesaw continues upward

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_nkw=avenging%20spider-man%209&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Wow. I didn't realize this was heating back up again. Thanks. Did the Summer of Spider-Man promo heat up the first time Avenging Spider-Man #9 did?