• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

then why all the whining?

you should be pleased.

You're upset because somebody posted the info, when it should have been you?

You were the guy "hanging."

Any & all questions should be directed to you.

:)

I wouldn't have had a problem with the post if it had been more accurate and not trying to rip people off into thinking that only a few copies were out there. Be honest from the start and say that over 100 were sold, don't imply that it's in the dozen area, and then let people bid accordingly.

Seems like the only ones with their panties in a bunch are you and the Comic BS I guy who won't be able to gouge potential suckers

its Comic-B.S.-I. Please use the proper hyphens and periods in future sentence structures.

lol

BTW I did see a few people with copies of the Preacher WW comic con box variant that had the Preacher and Vertigo logos on the front. And by that I mean "only a few"

Weird. I'm sure we're only just starting to begin to see the flood of new Preacher #1 reprints.

I know we've all moved on to Rebirth.

But that virgin Preacher 1 reprint is making some people a tidy profit on Ebay.

I believe it was stated that it was $20.00 per at WWPhilly.

If that was the case at least one guy has made about $500 bucks +/- on the bay.

Heck, the 'free' reprint is selling for 5.00 per. Hilarious.

Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale. Curious to see what they sell for when it's officially released in the WW box.

"If" they follow the same pattern as the BA 12 reprint, there will be a full color with title logos, the virgin variant and a sketch variant

Ahhhh,

The Secret Origin of your i-ness: Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale.

You were right there.

Opportunity staring you down.

You couldn't pull the trigger.

Others did.

You got really, REALLY cranky & needed a nap.

You're better now.

Secret Origins rule!

What's it like being a compete miserable cockhead your entire life? Your history of public racist remarks is well documented, it's a miracle that you're still here and aren't on probation again. It's gotta be killing you to hold your db tongue.

I chose to not "pull the trigger" on multiples of these reprints, it's not like I didn't have the opportunity, they were there for days puta. Should I have made a few bucks? Sure. Will I lose sleep over it? Nope.

The $30 I paid for a Herr Starr sketch is worth more to me than getting a couple of books to flip.

If you don't get that, and I'd gather that you don't, then you never will.

Go peddle your Jesus Island toilet paper.

You're a joke

Your history of public racist remarks is well documented,

"Lonzilla",

I engaged in an online debate about Miles Morales & went way over the top trying to be funny....

Once.

I think you've been called out more than once on your remarks:

https://graphicpolicy.com/2012/10/18/larry-doherty-and-larrys-comics-at-it-again-this-time-hate-speech-towards-transgenders/

With that said, you have not done this in a long, long while and I think there is a point where past behavior should be left in the past.

Why should that type of behaviour be left in the past?

Especially if the person exibiting said behaviour continues to do so, regardless of how much time passes.

Unfortunately modern society is incapable of forgiving past discretions. I'm able to do it but that's because I know what it's like to not be perfect and make mistakes.
Quoted for posterity.

"Lonzilla",

I engaged in an online debate about Miles Morales & went way over the top trying to be funny....

Once.

https://graphicpolicy.com/2012/10/18/larry-doherty-and-larrys-comics-at-it-again-this-time-hate-speech-towards-transgenders/

With that said, you have not done this in a long, long while and I think there is a point where past behavior should be left in the past.

Why should that type of behaviour be left in the past?

Especially if the person exibiting said behaviour continues to do so, regardless of how much time passes.

I don't recall any recent transgressions by Larry.

In either case, I was gone for the week and having now caught up on this thread, I am fascinated that the latest DC reboot is getting some heat!

Edited by rjrjr

I think people have stopped posting Moderns heating up to cut out the competition. It's a plot.

Not a plot but it seems the PM groups share the info and then a day or 2 later, it ends up here or CBSI, or CHU, or BleedingCool, or...well, you get the general idea. Some people snatch and then share after they've had their fill. Nothing new but it seems more noticeable lately. Many people who used to regularly visit the modern section moved on to the Bronze and a copper sections. As dollar bins got cleaned out, some came back but a lot just disappeared from the site altogether. Speculating on moderns is tricky but not so much if you're actually turning the pages and reading the innards. It would be surprising if some of those books that were hot 2-5 years ago didn't heat up again and step to the forefront. Outcast has done it and others will follow. Just keep reading. (thumbs u

OK, sure it has been mentioned. But NYX 3 has gotten so pricey that NYX 4 is now going bat crazy. Just saw over $400 for a 9.8, and yes she is on the cover, but has like 1 page on the interior.

I passed on an NYX 4 in nice shape for $20 2-3 weeks ago at a LCS. I went back yesterday but it was long gone. They have a Adam Blue Marvel 1 for $25 but I passed.

But yes, NYX 4 seems to be on fire. Someone here mentioned that any X-23 cover is hot and I agree that that is more true than not at the moment.

OK, sure it has been mentioned. But NYX 3 has gotten so pricey that NYX 4 is now going bat crazy. Just saw over $400 for a 9.8, and yes she is on the cover, but has like 1 page on the interior.

Yes, unfortunately shilling sometimes works (that's why it's attempted so often).

Don't worry, it will correct soon enough. As it is, it is already at half the last ebay shill price from a week ago.

-J.

Jays just beat the Orioles in a nail biter, better than any movie :whee:

I am just driving home from that Jays game and have a few new grey hairs.

Nailbiter is a cool comic; but not sure what 'jays game is or Orioles', something from black mask?

Jays and Orioles both show up 162 times a year; that's about a century worth of production from Black Mask.

then why all the whining?

you should be pleased.

You're upset because somebody posted the info, when it should have been you?

You were the guy "hanging."

Any & all questions should be directed to you.

:)

I wouldn't have had a problem with the post if it had been more accurate and not trying to rip people off into thinking that only a few copies were out there. Be honest from the start and say that over 100 were sold, don't imply that it's in the dozen area, and then let people bid accordingly.

Seems like the only ones with their panties in a bunch are you and the Comic BS I guy who won't be able to gouge potential suckers

its Comic-B.S.-I. Please use the proper hyphens and periods in future sentence structures.

lol

BTW I did see a few people with copies of the Preacher WW comic con box variant that had the Preacher and Vertigo logos on the front. And by that I mean "only a few"

Weird. I'm sure we're only just starting to begin to see the flood of new Preacher #1 reprints.

I know we've all moved on to Rebirth.

But that virgin Preacher 1 reprint is making some people a tidy profit on Ebay.

I believe it was stated that it was $20.00 per at WWPhilly.

If that was the case at least one guy has made about $500 bucks +/- on the bay.

Heck, the 'free' reprint is selling for 5.00 per. Hilarious.

Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale. Curious to see what they sell for when it's officially released in the WW box.

"If" they follow the same pattern as the BA 12 reprint, there will be a full color with title logos, the virgin variant and a sketch variant

Ahhhh,

The Secret Origin of your i-ness: Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale.

You were right there.

Opportunity staring you down.

You couldn't pull the trigger.

Others did.

You got really, REALLY cranky & needed a nap.

You're better now.

Secret Origins rule!

What's it like being a compete miserable cockhead your entire life? Your history of public racist remarks is well documented, it's a miracle that you're still here and aren't on probation again. It's gotta be killing you to hold your db tongue.

I chose to not "pull the trigger" on multiples of these reprints, it's not like I didn't have the opportunity, they were there for days puta. Should I have made a few bucks? Sure. Will I lose sleep over it? Nope.

The $30 I paid for a Herr Starr sketch is worth more to me than getting a couple of books to flip.

If you don't get that, and I'd gather that you don't, then you never will.

Go peddle your Jesus Island toilet paper.

You're a joke

"Lonzilla",

Once.

So if I "blog" about you, whatever I "blog" becomes fact?

I think people have stopped posting Moderns heating up to cut out the competition. It's a plot.

Not a plot but it seems the PM groups share the info and then a day or 2 later, it ends up here or CBSI, or CHU, or BleedingCool, or...well, you get the general idea. Some people snatch and then share after they've had their fill. Nothing new but it seems more noticeable lately. Many people who used to regularly visit the modern section moved on to the Bronze and a copper sections. As dollar bins got cleaned out, some came back but a lot just disappeared from the site altogether. Speculating on moderns is tricky but not so much if you're actually turning the pages and reading the innards. It would be surprising if some of those books that were hot 2-5 years ago didn't heat up again and step to the forefront. Outcast has done it and others will follow. Just keep reading. (thumbs u

I think ya might be giving too much credit to the PM groups. It's pretty easy to find a particular announcment and buy the books within minutes. The Scarlet thing popped up on cbsi within hours of the rumor leaking and I see that happen all the time. CHU does often seem to be a day late to the party though.

I think ya might be giving too much credit to the PM groups. It's pretty easy to find a particular announcment and buy the books within minutes. The Scarlet thing popped up on cbsi within hours of the rumor leaking and I see that happen all the time. CHU does often seem to be a day late to the party though.

I bought a few of these months ago based on info from a PM group. I don't know when the spec sites first mentioned it but this was a rom or mill book for a while.

Since nobody posts anymore:

Amazing Spider-Man #569 2nd Print

Why...

(shrug)

First anti venom on cover.

If argument is that flash whateve his name is will be the new venom, anti venom Shoukd eventually show up. He's a good guy, has cancer, and looks cool.

Been saying that for years.