• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Since nobody posts anymore:

Amazing Spider-Man #569 2nd Print

Why...

(shrug)

First anti venom on cover.

If argument is that flash whateve his name is will be the new venom, anti venom Shoukd eventually show up. He's a good guy, has cancer, and looks cool.

Been saying that for years.

The Granov variant of the first printing (I believe it was a 1:50) is a thousand times better than this (and it's a first printing).

-J.

Why...

(shrug)

If argument is that flash whateve his name is will be the new venom, anti venom Shoukd eventually show up. He's a good guy, has cancer, and looks cool.

The Granov variant of the first printing (I believe it was a 1:50) is a thousand times better than this (and it's a first printing).

-J.

People prefer to get 2nd printings nowadays because they dont have to think too hard about estimating print runs on retailer variants

Wouldn't Venom have to actually show up, be in a movie, be liked and then possibly have Anti-Venom? Seems like a long shot years down the road if that is why people are buying them. I think it's just because it's a cool cover and 2nd print.

Why...

(shrug)

-J.

The faces variants for the new ways to die issues weren't incentive variants.

I think people have stopped posting Moderns heating up to cut out the competition. It's a plot.

Not a plot but it seems the PM groups share the info and then a day or 2 later, it ends up here or CBSI, or CHU, or BleedingCool, or...well, you get the general idea. Some people snatch and then share after they've had their fill. Nothing new but it seems more noticeable lately. Many people who used to regularly visit the modern section moved on to the Bronze and a copper sections. As dollar bins got cleaned out, some came back but a lot just disappeared from the site altogether. Speculating on moderns is tricky but not so much if you're actually turning the pages and reading the innards. It would be surprising if some of those books that were hot 2-5 years ago didn't heat up again and step to the forefront. Outcast has done it and others will follow. Just keep reading. (thumbs u

I think ya might be giving too much credit to the PM groups. It's pretty easy to find a particular announcment and buy the books within minutes. The Scarlet thing popped up on cbsi within hours of the rumor leaking and I see that happen all the time. CHU does often seem to be a day late to the party though.

I am sure if they paid the $5 some site offers to keep you in the know about hot books that they knew first lol.

This isn't the first time we have gone thru this drought issue.

I really wish we were more selective in our members because some on here don't appreciate anything. That will never happen, but one can dream.

I have caught grief for the Books in the Wild thread as well. I guess I am just used to the way the board used to be. Before we had all these vampire speculator web sites. We used to share quite a bit.

Its the influx of new people in the hobby the last two years. They have turned off many a board member and that's why you don't see as many here anymore. They are still buying and selling comics they just choose not to contribute here anymore and a lot of ways I cant blame them.

Wouldn't Venom have to actually show up, be in a movie, be liked and then possibly have Anti-Venom? Seems like a long shot years down the road if that is why people are buying them. I think it's just because it's a cool cover and 2nd print.

Still needs a Venom story to happen before Spider-Island can actually be done. It's already a longshot that it will be Flash Thompson over Eddie Brock, which if they do Eddie, then he needs to become Anti-Venom so Flash could become the replacement Venom in the first place, and why people are going to get burnt REAL BAD on that Amazing Spider-Man #654 2nd Print at these insane prices.

FF 11 V3 1998

The book is selling now currently. Its not her first appearance. (Come on someone give me the props for the joke.)

But it is a the cover and the new name for the first time I believe.

Here's your props (worship)

I really wish we were more selective in our members because some on here don't appreciate anything. That will never happen, but one can dream.

I have caught grief for the Books in the Wild thread as well. I guess I am just used to the way the board used to be. Before we had all these vampire speculator web sites. We used to share quite a bit.

Its the influx of new people in the hobby the last two years. They have turned off many a board member and that's why you don't see as many here anymore. They are still buying and selling comics they just choose not to contribute here anymore and a lot of ways I cant blame them.

Sure. Why give tips to people who won't be here in a year or two?

Sure. Why give tips to people who won't be here in a year or two?

Gotta start recruiting fresh blood !!

Someone offered $75 on my high grade X23 Women Of Marvel One Shot #1. New high for the book raw for sure, I know that 9.6 CGC went at $108 a little while back.

The best part is, the buyer paid! lol Sometimes these offers get accepted, and then relisted due to non-payment.

The book's got legs. CGC 9.6 sold for $150 last week, could be looking at $400 for a 9.8 when one gets listed