• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

This is the only store I have come across that does this. So, my question to you is if there is no price tag on the book why would it not be cover price? All their new books from 2016 are not marked with a price tag nor was there a sign on any shelf advising what was new.

The only books with price tags were variants. Wall books near the ceiling had a few priced, but the majority not.

Out of all their long boxes only two were marked $10-15.

This is the only store I have come across that does this. So, my question to you is if there is no price tag on the book why would it not be cover price? All their new books from 2016 are not marked with a price tag nor was there a sign on any shelf advising what was new.

The only books with price tags were variants. Wall books near the ceiling had a few priced, but the majority not.

They can charge what they want...it's their property until you agree to purchase it

They can charge what they want...it's their property until you agree to purchase it

I am not to sure about that. Canadian Laws are not always the same as the US. Either way I have contacted Retail Council of Canada to verify if this type of Business practice is acceptable.

I am not to sure about that. Canadian Laws are not always the same as the US. Either way I have contacted Retail Council of Canada to verify if this type of Business practice is acceptable.

That's a fairly awesome waste of your time. Must not be any good movies in the theater up in the great white north.

That's a fairly awesome waste of your time. Must not be any good movies in the theater up in the great white north.

What's one quick telephone call to insure that a business is following the rules. Movies are over rated ain't that why you are on these boards on a fine Sunday Afternoon.

Jays just beat the Orioles in a nail biter, better than any movie :whee:

I am just driving home from that Jays game and have a few new grey hairs.

Nailbiter is a cool comic; but not sure what 'jays game is or Orioles', something from black mask?

5 Run lead in the first with Sanchez on the mound, 10-9 final, yeah I can imagine lol

Sorry for the brief derail.

Nailbiter is a cool comic; but not sure what 'jays game is or Orioles', something from black mask?

Jay and Silent Bob argued over who invented the game of roof hockey. Jay won, its now called Jay's game. Orioles are Robin's sidekicks.

That 9th inning was a big deal at the TCBS today, me and 5 other guys waiting with baited breathe on each pitch update on my Samsung. Jason Grilli closing, WTH???

Glad to see we hung on, and glad I didn't get to watch it. I would have thrown at least 2 beer bottles at my TV had I been home! Then my wife would have kicked me out. Then I'd be divorced. I really shouldn't watch the Jays anymore.

Jay

Last shop I visited had a Preacher 1 and New Mutants 98 on the shelf. They both looked at least NM- or better(I couldn't see the back).

The reason below is why I didn't ask to see them.

Preacher 1 - $700

New Mutants 98 - $800

:o

what is going on with some shop owners?!?

one of the chain LCS's around here with a few stores consistently have books up for 40%+ over going rates for NM books. Bigger problem is, is that said copies aren't even in that range.

Example:

GOTG #1 (2008)- grade unknown $200!!! :eek:

I know exactly the chain you are talking about I was there this week and I couldn't believe their prices on wall books.

I attended a shop yesterday Comic World and spent time digging through their bins, I found a few AH Catwoman Covers. I also had picked up a few newer comics off the shelf. When I went to pay for them the guy at the cash told me to hold on a minute as he booted up his computer to see what the AH Catwoman Books were going for on e-bay.

If a comic has no price tag other then the price that is printed on it, should I not be entitled to the cover price?

Needless to say I walked out with nothing.

In that case I would ask when you walk in how they are priced.

Nothing worse then bringing up books and then they tell you they have to adjust the price.

Long story short 6 copies sold

Soooooooooo... 194 copies left?

Star Wars also had a Comic Con Box exclusive virgin cover. You had to buy a 3 months subscription. I wouldn't spend the money on these yet until it is known how they will be distributed. (There was also a regular exclusive and black and white exclusive of the Star Wars comic.)

Oh, and that Star Wars virgin cover? It would have cost over $100 to get it with the subscription and dropped dramatically to around $20-30 on eBay. The initial eBay copies sold for upwards of $200.

Comichron shows a ~90K sales for Deadpool #2, but only 26K for the Inhumans. Both are 1:100 variants, and hence the scarcity/$ they command.

What do the sales of the regular editions have to do with the scarcity of the 1:100s? What does a book being a 1:100 have to do with its scarcity?

I just bought a few 1:100s for $4 each a while ago.

Google Alerts!

Yeah,ok...sure you did.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9363217#Post9363217

These were on a Diamond/Marvel dealer only variant sale a few years ago...$2 each....I missed out on these but got about 25 of the Uncanny X-Men 5 Venom variants out of that deal back then.

:shrug:

Marvel has ANOTHER half price variant sale going on RIGHT NOW that includes 800 different variants from the last year at half cover price including about 40% of them being 1:25. Lots of Hip Hop Variants.

Marvel doesn't do this. You are lying.

:jokealert:

Thanks,

Ron

then why all the whining?

you should be pleased.

You're upset because somebody posted the info, when it should have been you?

You were the guy "hanging."

Any & all questions should be directed to you.

:)

I wouldn't have had a problem with the post if it had been more accurate and not trying to rip people off into thinking that only a few copies were out there. Be honest from the start and say that over 100 were sold, don't imply that it's in the dozen area, and then let people bid accordingly.

Seems like the only ones with their panties in a bunch are you and the Comic BS I guy who won't be able to gouge potential suckers

its Comic-B.S.-I. Please use the proper hyphens and periods in future sentence structures.

lol

BTW I did see a few people with copies of the Preacher WW comic con box variant that had the Preacher and Vertigo logos on the front. And by that I mean "only a few"

Weird. I'm sure we're only just starting to begin to see the flood of new Preacher #1 reprints.

I know we've all moved on to Rebirth.

But that virgin Preacher 1 reprint is making some people a tidy profit on Ebay.

I believe it was stated that it was $20.00 per at WWPhilly.

If that was the case at least one guy has made about $500 bucks +/- on the bay.

Heck, the 'free' reprint is selling for 5.00 per. Hilarious.

Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale. Curious to see what they sell for when it's officially released in the WW box.

"If" they follow the same pattern as the BA 12 reprint, there will be a full color with title logos, the virgin variant and a sketch variant

Ahhhh,

The Secret Origin of your i-ness: Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale.

You were right there.

Opportunity staring you down.

You couldn't pull the trigger.

Others did.

You got really, REALLY cranky & needed a nap.

You're better now.

Secret Origins rule!

What's it like being a compete miserable cockhead your entire life? Your history of public racist remarks is well documented, it's a miracle that you're still here and aren't on probation again. It's gotta be killing you to hold your db tongue.

I chose to not "pull the trigger" on multiples of these reprints, it's not like I didn't have the opportunity, they were there for days puta. Should I have made a few bucks? Sure. Will I lose sleep over it? Nope.

The $30 I paid for a Herr Starr sketch is worth more to me than getting a couple of books to flip.

If you don't get that, and I'd gather that you don't, then you never will.

Go peddle your Jesus Island toilet paper.

You're a joke

Your history of public racist remarks is well documented,

"Lonzilla",

I engaged in an online debate about Miles Morales & went way over the top trying to be funny....

Once.

I think you've been called out more than once on your remarks:

https://graphicpolicy.com/2012/10/18/larry-doherty-and-larrys-comics-at-it-again-this-time-hate-speech-towards-transgenders/

With that said, you have not done this in a long, long while and I think there is a point where past behavior should be left in the past.