• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Only time will tell, it looks like the book has movement as far as bids go and its still closing at almost $50. Please lets move on past this grudgematch and unfounded hatred towards a spec. Don't be so invested in a spec that it takes the fun out of it.

That's the fun of moderns.

The market unleashes new candidates to fall in love week in a few days...

It never stops.

It's a blast.

Maybe not heating up, but now we should have an idea on the value of red hood the lost days 1 1:25. $400, at least for one person.

Boy, are they going to be disappointed in that copy though . . . :insane:

9 out of every 10 copies listed so far are for the B&N error edition. I would venture to say most are still unaware there is a difference between the 2. What we are seeing with the retail version flooding feebay is not really happening with the Direct Sales edition because they are certainly not as plentiful. Interesting spec regardless as it is pretty unique... How did it even happen is the backstory I would like to know?

Deja vu all over again :grin:

Books pop..

books die...

What's your point?

You need to be quick & scrappy if you want to make a buck on moderns.

I lost my shirt on Turtles 59 so far this week.

Rebirth will set me up at Disney for a week...

It all evens out.

Hopefully in your favor.

9 out of every 10 copies listed so far are for the B&N error edition. I would venture to say most are still unaware there is a difference between the 2. What we are seeing with the retail version flooding feebay is not really happening with the Direct Sales edition because they are certainly not as plentiful. Interesting spec regardless as it is pretty unique... How did it even happen is the backstory I would like to know?

How did it even happen is the backstory I would like to know?

Exactly.

I'm thinking disgruntled employee.

Anybody with electronic pre-press experience feel free to chime in.

Too many elements out of wack for this to be a natural error.

Mind you some B and N didn't release them. They threw them out before they were placed on the newstand. Soooooo these might be it.

Honestly.

What does it compare to?

Justice League #52 ships Wednesday.

It's a KEY book, essentially Rebirth #4 ( One shot was #1, Flash #2, Titans #3 ect )

Diamond destroys & recalls misprints.

No idea what Barnes & Nobel does.

Every B and N store that has comics got 5 to 10 copies.

What do they do with month old books? Throw them away - expect that same attitude on any copies they can't sell because of a recall.

If there are 600 B and N stores there are at least 6000 B and N copies.

Can we end this now?

Mind you some B and N didn't release them. They threw them out before they were placed on the newstand. Soooooo these might be it.

Very true. The listings could end just as quickly. Very few have the ability to sit and hold onto a hot commodity. Most rush to flip, not to say it is wrong to, but IF what we are seeing especially on the Direct Sales side is it many will regret flipping immediately. I wish I had the ASM 678 back I flipped at what "seemed" to be a solid profit at the time ?

What do they do with month old books? Throw them away - expect that same attitude on any copies they can't sell because of a recall.

Can we end this now?

I don't think we are really saying the B&N is the play here. Sure it is rare in comparison to the regular #51 but in most cases something is always the most in demand so the discussion is more weighted to the Direct Sales errors . Anyhoo, Superman Lois and Clark 1 or 8 or ?

Can we end this now?

I don't think we are really saying the B&N is the play here. Sure it is rare in comparison to the regular #51 but in most cases something is always the most in demand so the discussion is more weighted to the Direct Sales errors . Anyhoo, Superman Lois and Clark 1 or 8 or ?

That's not first Jon Kent. First Jon Kent was written by Alan Moore pre-Crisis.

XOXO

Jonathan Lane Kent is not Jonathan Samuel Kent

XooX

No.

He most certainly is not.

Lois & Clark #1 variant has unlimited potential.

Unlimited.

Diamond still has Convergence #2 & Lois & Clark 1's in stock if anyone wants to get invested...

Bright spot of Rebirth for me has been Superman.

Most improved.

Can we end this now?

I don't think we are really saying the B&N is the play here

So...

You are at a B&N

There are ten NM copies of JLA #51 error on the rack.

You pass?!?

It doesn't have to be Walking Dead #1 to be a solid play.

I personally like twenty dollar bills.

Edited by LarrysComics

As a lifelong fan of the Flash, I am really looking forward to this Wednesday ?

Fans are into it.

Definitely.

ANY Flash comic is a legit process now & get it out on the floor right now.

TV show puts asses in the seats.