• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,821 posts in this topic

Not saying the direct isn't a low printed error, it likely is lower than the retail

/newsstand whatever it is called, and it isn't worth what some people want it to be worth. Or maybe it is, we hope some non shilled auctions determine fair market on this, not some suspect bin's or 2nd accounts bidding to set market.

Everyone tread lightly, and collect what you like and feel comfortable spending.

Sold all 5 of mine within a day, 4 were BIN (1 solo, 3 in a lot), other was a straight auction. 3 different winners and all paid immediately. So no shills there at least.

You'd hope that DC or Diamond would make a statement and say what happened, who was responsible / fired / arrested and how many copies "escaped" but that's asking too much isn't it?

Have Atomic ask their rep.

I did.

The only statement from DC will be both JLA #51 /2 will show up on the fully returnable list.

THAT'S the only way they say they effed up.

Someone said $300+ 9.8 a few pages back.....they were right.

eBay X-23 WOM One Shot 9.8 CGC

5 Hours till close, lots of bids. Will it break 4?

Closed at $400. Sold my 9.6 raw too cheap then. New high for this book though, seems clean but I don't know the buyer personally to vouch.

IDK what wash actually going on, but I had to (try and) be funny for a moment.

jimmyvslarry.jpg

Pretty stupid meme....

You're not naturally funny.

Sorry.

No I am sorry. It wasn't meant to offend either of you two, and I am sure some people found it funny (other than me). I'm sure others would rather see stuff like that than the arguing normally found in this thread, but some things should be handled via PM around here, that aren't and we get to make fun of them to pass the time.

As for this JL 52 covered #51 Error book, I just want 1 copy for my personal collection and I couldn't nab one from one of the lucky stores here in Florida because I work at another one (that got 0 copies) on Wednesdays. I'll wait till they are $20 or less for a Direct which appears to be when everyone's attention span forgets this book and moves on to the next flavor of the week.

I dont know when this will finally sink in with "collectors".

There could be a 1000 books made, ok?

If 99% of the volume released is sold STRICTLY to flippers, thats an OVERWHELMING amount for a book that has no real demand.

The flood is here, theres no mistaking it, the ONLY ones selling it AND buying it currently are smart flippers and insufficiently_thoughtful_person flipper (on the receiving end). The ones caught in between are poor souls who cant wait for the demand to wane and get it at its set realistic value.

There are 679 B&N nationwide, we were estimating each had at least 8 copies.

Rounded up thats only 5,500 copies.

Assuming how many made it to the shelf, who knows realistically how many are in circulation.

Your estimate of 8 copies is an estimate. How do you know there aren't certain B&N that stock 20, and others who stock 4 copies? You don't.

I got yelled at by RMA for estimating variant print runs, so since he isn't here I'll play advocate for truth in print numbers.

#realprintnumbersmatter #stoptheestimating #stoptheinsanity

I dont know when this will finally sink in with "collectors".

There could be a 1000 books made, ok?

If 99% of the volume released is sold STRICTLY to flippers, thats an OVERWHELMING amount for a book that has no real demand.

The flood is here, theres no mistaking it, the ONLY ones selling it AND buying it currently are smart flippers and insufficiently_thoughtful_person flipper (on the receiving end). The ones caught in between are poor souls who cant wait for the demand to wane and get it at its set realistic value.

I don't see a flood.

70 something total sales since the release

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=justice%20league%2051%20error&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Currently there are only 35 listings.

Not saying the direct isn't a low printed error, it likely is lower than the retail

/newsstand whatever it is called, and it isn't worth what some people want it to be worth. Or maybe it is, we hope some non shilled auctions determine fair market on this, not some suspect bin's or 2nd accounts bidding to set market.

Everyone tread lightly, and collect what you like and feel comfortable spending.

Sold all 5 of mine within a day, 4 were BIN (1 solo, 3 in a lot), other was a straight auction. 3 different winners and all paid immediately. So no shills there at least.

You'd hope that DC or Diamond would make a statement and say what happened, who was responsible / fired / arrested and how many copies "escaped" but that's asking too much isn't it?

Have Atomic ask their rep.

I did.

The only statement from DC will be both JLA #51 /2 will show up on the fully returnable list.

THAT'S the only way they say they effed up.

I have zero copies left so I don't care enough to have Atomic City ask their rep, and Atomic City surely doesn't care enough because they aren't hoarding 50 copies.

When you asked your rep and they told you to send your copies back did you lie and say that you don't have any? Because when a book is recalled you have to send back any remaining copies, right?

Isn't that what a recall is

Thats why I used the term "ESTIMATE ".

My estimate is not fact just an educated guess.

How about noone yells at anyone from now on, too many people want to yell at eachother and pose as the speculator supreme here, it's ridiculous and too many people take it too far. I'm simply stating my guess at the print run, my word is not concrete just a fun guess.

These don't come up very often and the returns show it:

Details about X-23 #1 NM HTF 1:75 MARKO DJURDJEVIC VARIANT

]

Does the Djurdjevic cover connect to other variants like the Ultimate Fallout run? It looks like some other X titles have similar looking art to that cover?

How about noone yells at anyone from now on, too many people want to yell at eachother and pose as the speculator supreme here, it's ridiculous and too many people take it too far. I'm simply stating my guess at the print run, my word is not concrete just a fun guess.

No one is yelling, But even trying to estimate matters when people went out in droves and bought every error copy, and eBay is flooded for sale is a tactic to try and convince a market that it is a good purchase, when we all know it isn't. Wide spread, and effecting both direct and newsstand version of the book.

Is it likely to be less than the regular edition, yes. But saying 6,000 copies is all there are for the newsstand is throwing a dart at a board with print runs. BAM also got them, and likely every other retail has a potential to get copies.

These don't come up very often and the returns show it:

Details about X-23 #1 NM HTF 1:75 MARKO DJURDJEVIC VARIANT

]

Does the Djurdjevic cover connect to other variants like the Ultimate Fallout run? It looks like some other X titles have similar looking art to that cover?

No one is yelling, But even trying to estimate matters when people went out in droves and bought every error copy, and eBay is flooded for sale is a tactic to try and convince a market that it is a good purchase, when we all know it isn't. Wide spread, and effecting both direct and newsstand version of the book.

Is it likely to be less than the regular edition, yes. But saying 6,000 copies is all there are for the newsstand is throwing a dart at a board with print runs. BAM also got them, and likely every other retail has a potential to get copies.

I am not going to say you are wrong but I went to BAM and they told me they did not get them. Maybe that's just that particular BAM but the guy checked the computer.

There's a BAM that I go to and buy the Fried Pie variants. They never have the $7.99 price tag on the book, so whenever I go to pay, they can't find it listed in their system. Usually they sell them to me for the $2.99 or $3.99 price tag. Sometimes they just find something, enter it, and sell it for less than cover :o .