• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Yeah. I have a feeling 9 will be the ticket. Cover appearance. Full appearance.

vs 7 which has a basically from-behind cameo without the cover appearance.

7 has about the same staying power as Hawkeye vs Deadpool #0 for Girl Thor & Spider-Gwen.

Wasn't that discovered much later? #7 has been the market approved issue since the start of this over hyped spec.

If you haven't bought one yet, buy #9.

Existing market says no. As does recent history involving characters in similar situations and books.

existing market says yes, buy a 9 (1st full app and 1st in costume and 1st on cover)..i sold 4 9s in less than 20 minutes just this afternoon. 9s are easier to find than 7s so why not just cash in with what people are buying.

Existing market, this being completed ebay sales, has the women of power variant, the first print, and the second print of issue 7 selling for more than any version of issue 9. Your first full appearance is losing out to the actual first appearance. You can read the pre-heat speculation thread to understand why.

But yes buy the book with the lower resale value that is also the book that is easier to find according to you. Sound "investment" advice right there.

I missed 1st print 7's...

Have deep qty of second prints 7's & 9's.

That's full disclosure. I have an interest in #9 being "THE" book.

And it will be.

Too much going for it...

#7-#11 are being reprinted.

They will be in shops 32 days, four weeks away. 08-10

That's a long 32 days.

NICE Window.

$$$

I bought my stash for cover and sold for 5x that so yes if you can find them buy them.....all youre missing is spreadsheets and youll have captured CBTs swagger to a tee

But this discussion wasn't about you making money or whether it was profitable to buy issue 9 around cover price. It was about which issue between the two was THE book to have.

And out of all the books and various versions bring sold, the precious first full appearance book with the first cover appearance of the character is still selling for the least amount of money. Going for even less then the other version of issue 9 with war machine on the cover.

Anyone want to admit to buying any of these Iron Man books for over cover price? Somebody is buying this junk right? (shrug)

People who saw it on several news broadcasts probably wanted to check it out...they wouldn't know where to get one for cover.

I bought my stash for cover and sold for 5x that so yes if you can find them buy them.....all youre missing is spreadsheets and youll have captured CBTs swagger to a tee

But this discussion wasn't about you making money or whether it was profitable to buy issue 9 around cover price. It was about which issue between the two was THE book to have.

And out of all the books and various versions bring sold, the precious first full appearance book with the first cover appearance of the character is still selling for the least amount of money. Going for even less then the other version of issue 9 with war machine on the cover.

I'm betting the old gut here but issue #9 is starting to cacth #7. Last Thursday, it wasn't close. Buy what you like. My advice would still be #9. You can argue that cameos have done well (MOS #17), or they don't (IH #180). It can go either way. Ms. Marvel's 1st (CM #14) and 2nd (1st in uniform CM #17)cameos sell for as much and most times less than her 1st print Ms. Marvel #1, a cover appearance. Ms Marvel #1 isn't her 1st anything.

Didn't have any problem selling my 7 for above market today. I didn't list it till it made the TV news this morning.

Just ride the wave. These aren't comic book collectors driving these prices so it wont stay this way forever. Someone going to get caught holding the bag just don't let it be u.

Not necessarily...

In these cases like you said: These aren't comic book collectors driving these prices.

Those copies leave the market.

They go away.

They are removed from the playing field.

Media / civilian books are a different animal.

( yes I have these books.)

This market is not same for 1st appearances that it used to be.

A few years ago I would have agree whole heartedly now its on a case by case basis.

Selling great as a pair.

That's how I'm going to offer them.

Both are WAY hotter than they deserve to be.

Interesting times.

I agree I can't imagine all the headaches this is creating for LCSs. Some of my local shops have to answer the phone repeatedly saying no I don't have that issue.

There ain't NO rush for them in my dump....

Flippers are pissed we let them have one ea.

Civilians have been pounding Amazon...

Highest prices there.

I'm killing it.

Anyone want to admit to buying any of these Iron Man books for over cover price? Somebody is buying this junk right? (shrug)

I'll admit to buying 2 copies of the #7 WOP variant at an LCS for $8 each which is above cover, and I made out pretty good on the flip

I'll admit to buying 2 copies of the #7 WOP variant at an LCS for $8 each which is above cover, and I made out pretty good on the flip

Congrats :applause:

I paid $8.00 at G-Mart for IIM 9 AOA variant.

Missed the boat on #9 (only got one today), but I was all over #7 last week. I do think that #9 should be the key after seeing the CGC notes for #7, but the prices on both seem to have gone down a little since yesterday. #7 is still going for more than #9, but that WOP variant for 7 seems to have stayed strong, which while I don't quite understand it I'm glad it's going for more since I have two of those and three of the regular cover.

Also, I didn't go to any shops yesterday because I wasn't feeling great, so I went one LCS and 2nC today. The LCS only had one IIM #9, I had bought the last #7 regular and WOP last week, that they had. Also, they only had Agents of Shield 1,2, 5, and 6. 2nC had no IIM after #6 aside from #11, also no Agents of Shield #3, but I picked up #4 just because. No idea what's going on with #3, but it's sold out on both MCS and Midtown.

I'm now picking up any copies of Vision #1 I can find for cover or less after the news of Viv being in a team book coming up. I think I've picked up the last copies of #4 and #5 to be found around here. I think I'm at four copies now. On that note, I got totally caught up on Vision last night, and I have to say that so far for only eight issues in it's really, really good. Honestly, this is probably the best thing I've read from Marvel since Fraction's run on Hawkeye and Waid's run on Daredevil.