• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

GOOD LORD I hope so as I had not gotten around to selling my huge pile of BA GOTG books yet. If the movie is really good there is some hope to them having some staying power (the marvel presents set and the defenders books are still quite reasonable, for example, I understand, no groot or rocket racoon or starlord or...)

GOOD LORD I hope so as I had not gotten around to selling my huge pile of BA GOTG books yet. If the movie is really good there is some hope to them having some staying power (the marvel presents set and the defenders books are still quite reasonable, for example, I understand, no groot or rocket racoon or starlord or...)

Bring back D and A!

I have to say, I don't like the more recent commercials, way too geared toward titilating 10 year olds than exciting fat middle ages guys like me

aren't we all anymore??? lol............I don't care the age, the movie kicks major @SS!!!

My father works for disney research and they had a live showing for their vacation club members and the feedback was just out of this world, people were saying they are going to see it a 2nd time because there was so much laughing they couldn't take it all in. Can't wait !

If I had $30 or whatever it costs to see a movie nowadays I'd take my 9 year old. Maybe I can con my mother into taking us.

The above statement is so sad.

lol:sorry: but, lol

(I can tease because my oldest starts college next month and it's on our dime! :cry: )

If I had $30 or whatever it costs to see a movie nowadays I'd take my 9 year old. Maybe I can con my mother into taking us.

(I can tease because my oldest starts college next month and it's on our dime! :cry: )

If/when I have kids, they're doing nothing but running sports. Cross country or sprints (I'll consider long jump). No equipment except shoes (which you'd probably have to buy for any sport anyways), no facilities necessary (they can lift weights at school if they're on the team) and no need for private coaches (School coaches should be just fine). Boom! Scholarship! Healthy Lifestyle! They can worry about their own knees when they're 40, I won't be around (not dead, just retired to a secret island in Greece).

If/when I have kids, they're doing nothing but running sports. Cross country or sprints (I'll consider long jump). No equipment except shoes (which you'd probably have to buy for any sport anyways), no facilities necessary (they can lift weights at school if they're on the team) and no need for private coaches (School coaches should be just fine). Boom! Scholarship! Healthy Lifestyle! They can worry about their own knees when they're 40, I won't be around (not dead, just retired to a secret island in Greece).

It might be easier to emancipate them when they finish eleventh grade. They could qualify for financial aid then once they're filing their own tax returns. hm

That's true, I'd be $800 richer (well, really, $800 less in debt) if we had not sent him to junior robotics camp this summer.

Getting a track scholarship is probably 90% genetics though (assuming a good work ethic). The speed events are probably 99.99999999% genetic. Medium to long distances you still need to have the major physical gifts, but yes, hard work could get you to the next level.

You really have to be exceptional to get a track scholarship though. (I did track in high school, was the #2 field athlete in the NYC (hurling heavy objects -- I had good technique, I only weighed about 190) and it wasn't even a remote possibility. On my team was a guy who came in #19 nationally in the 800 meter and another guy who was #20 nationally in the triple jump (we had a pretty good team) did not even get a sniff of track scholarships (both ran track in college, but DIII, I went to a DI university, so there was no way I could compete in the discus and shotput with some of these 6' 5" 300 pound guys who could bench 500 pounds.

Edited by the blob

Well, one contributor to Forbes is saying that critics are calling it "possibly" the best, without citing any actual critics.

I have to disagree. It wasn't awful, but it's closer to the bottom of Marvel's productions. It felt more like a batch of one-liners and action that they cobbled together with a plot that isn't particularly innovative. The villains were a little too comic-booky for a movie (or not comic-booky enough; they could have pushed it and just ran with silliness).

Well, one contributor to Forbes is saying that critics are calling it "possibly" the best, without citing any actual critics.

I have to disagree. It wasn't awful, but it's closer to the bottom of Marvel's productions. It felt more like a batch of one-liners and action that they cobbled together with a plot that isn't particularly innovative. The villains were a little too comic-booky for a movie (or not comic-booky enough; they could have pushed it and just ran with silliness).

Wow, closer to the bottom?!!!??!

I will respectfully, heartily, disagree.

To each his own.

I loved it.

Wow, closer to the bottom?!!!??!

I will respectfully, heartily, disagree.

To each his own.

I loved it.

I loved it. It's now my #2 Marvel film behind Avengers. It's at 92% on rotten tomatoes right now. See it IMAX 3D if you get a chance. Best 3D I've ever seen.

It felt more like a batch of one-liners and action that they cobbled together with a plot that isn't particularly innovative. The villains were a little too comic-booky for a movie (or not comic-booky enough; they could have pushed it and just ran with silliness).

so exactly like the Avengers then.