• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

Well, one contributor to Forbes is saying that critics are calling it "possibly" the best, without citing any actual critics.

I have to disagree. It wasn't awful, but it's closer to the bottom of Marvel's productions. It felt more like a batch of one-liners and action that they cobbled together with a plot that isn't particularly innovative. The villains were a little too comic-booky for a movie (or not comic-booky enough; they could have pushed it and just ran with silliness).

I don't understand what you mean by saying the villains were too "comic booky" and then later say they aren't "comic booky" enough. Seems like the majority of people are liking the film so far which is a good sign.

Well, one contributor to Forbes is saying that critics are calling it "possibly" the best, without citing any actual critics.

I have to disagree. It wasn't awful, but it's closer to the bottom of Marvel's productions. It felt more like a batch of one-liners and action that they cobbled together with a plot that isn't particularly innovative. The villains were a little too comic-booky for a movie (or not comic-booky enough; they could have pushed it and just ran with silliness).

I don't understand what you mean by saying the villains were too "comic booky" and then later say they aren't "comic booky" enough. Seems like the majority of people are liking the film so far which is a good sign.

Just that they should have picked a side. If they wanted to be over the top, then go for it, and push the silliness

I didn't even notice the 3D because it just felt like you were a part of these epic space battles.

Going back this weekend.

More I think about it, the more I liked it.

+1

Best Marvel movie yet imo. I like it, I love it, I want some more of it. lol

what do you think are the books modern wise that keep heating up.

will the 2008 #1 stay at 300+/grow?

or will ppl start to turn to the new series in your opinions.

Thank you for contacting the CGC msg board voice mail service. Most of our agents are currently sleeping, while the rest are booze browsing and picking fights with each other. As soon as one of our helpful customer service professionals is either awake, or sober enough to assist with your inquiry they will be in contact in the most demeaning manner possible.

Please note: answers/responses may contain sarcastic, condescending, or otherwise rude language. use only as directed. side effects may include (but are not limited to) nose bleeds, dry mouth, abdominal cramps or sense of impending doom.

Edited by AntBrown

I joke. WTTB!!

Not my area of expertise (I don't have one) or I would give some input.

Thank you for contacting the CGC msg board voice mail service. Most of our agents are currently sleeping, while the rest are booze browsing and picking fights with each other. As soon as one of our helpful customer service professionals is either awake, or sober enough to assist with your inquiry they will be in contact in the most demeaning manner possible.

Please note: answers/responses may contain sarcastic, condescending, or otherwise rude language. use only as directed. side effects may include (but are not limited to) nose bleeds, dry mouth, abdominal cramps or sense of impending doom.

:signfunny: .... :roflmao:

Here's a short list of Modern GOTG key issues, not sure if they will all heat up though...

Annihilation Starlord 1

Annihilation Conquest 6

GOTG ( 2008 )1, 1 2nd Print, 1 & 2 Collected

Nova 8

Avengers Assemble 4 Variant

after watching gotg i believe annihilation conquest 6 should be more coveted by collectors that issue 1 of the 2008 series.

ween usually your picks are on the fringe. I do enjoy them and always look into them because you cover all the angles

For modern GOTG books I agree with this and also agree with the annihilation starlord # 1 recently looked thru all 3 books and AS1 is for sure the first time the new team meet and where all together. This should be the modern to own.

Edited by paul747

I joke. WTTB!!

Not my area of expertise (I don't have one) or I would give some input.

nothing to welcome, he's been here forever... just under different names that have all gotten banned...