• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Awesome!!! on the Lady Mechanika.

1- Breath of Bones was a pretty awesome story. Why is it hot all of a sudden?

2-Enormous was so-so. Why is IT hot all of a sudden???

Both have movie or TV connotations. Pretty much any book that gets hot out of nowhere now days.

For example, did anyone actually read booms the foundation when it came out?

I heard the story ig good but the art is sh+t. Cannot find in anywhere locally with the exception of a first print trade which I have seen one or two of but have not bothered to flip through. Worth it Jimmy?

yeah I got one up for 23....and it doesn't even have a watcher on it...( just put it up yesterday though ). so I think someone is gonna be mighty disappointed...

If youre selling a copy now I'd only advise you to never ever get into stocks

yeah I got one up for 23....and it doesn't even have a watcher on it...( just put it up yesterday though ). so I think someone is gonna be mighty disappointed...

or you know, you take the profit while its there on the table instead of blindly hoping that the tv show, movie, what-have-you actually gets made and is a success.

or you know, you take the profit while its there on the table instead of blindly hoping that the tv show, movie, what-have-you actually gets made and is a success.

Agree - I love the book, have a tough time seeing it translate into a popular television show. Would love to be wrong though!

Agree - I love the book, have a tough time seeing it translate into a popular television show. Would love to be wrong though!

+1

Sell now till you are in the black then you can wait. I wont be holding any on this book. I see too many of the same cheerleaders on books they got a lot of.

I love the speculation of things becoming insanely popular because they are rumored to be getting made into a TV show or movie. I still haven't heard any of the finer details about what the plan is to market RQ the animated series. With the boobs, language and blood, is this going to be aired on AMC or (Toon) Adult Swim? WHat network is picking it up? Has it even been sold to a network? I only keep hearing about the production side of it. Don't get me wrong...It sounds like it's got everything most of us love to see in a show! I look forward to seeing it animated. But I refuse to get my hopes up. Did anyone notice that it's being made by Pukeko Pictures? They did the animation for Jane & the Dragon. If it is going to be the same style of digital animation for Rat Queens, I might skip it.

To anyone that thinks an awesome/deep/compelling story arc automatically equals successful translation into TV media, I have two word for you: Dresden Files. :boo:

Enough said.

Edited by Firespitter

+1

Sell now till you are in the black then you can wait. I wont be holding any on this book. I see too many of the same cheerleaders on books they got a lot of.

Good advice on getting to the black. Works for me. As for holding them, I thought you didn't buy any (shrug) did you finally break down and read it ? lol

I bought a lot. :acclaim:

I will continue to cheer unless and until the book changes course. This story is one of the best out there imo.

On a more somber yet opportunistic note. I've noticed lower sales all week and with few exceptions, everything I normally watch are down, down, down. Enormous seems to be holding and Rat Queens ( though a Staples variant sold under $35 yesterday) and Manifest Destiny (mostly holding steady) and not much else from the recent stuff I like. There have been a few steals but mostly it has been like a ghost town with flat pricing.

I thought maybe recent announcements from ebay might have been the culprit but it's not just ebay. It seems there was also a lot less activity on the boards this week. I think we saw this last year around the same time. Is anybody watching or selling any titles that are ticking up as a whole ?

I haven't sold much this year on ebay but I think its a great barometer. Have you guys noticed a recent heavy push toward auctions and away from BIN ?

My theory is that it's late summer/just before school, and people are tight on $. This time of year tends to be a good time to look for stuff on ebay, because people have blown their disposable income on summer vacations or are saving it for their kids (school supplies/clothes) or college necessities for the semester.

But, having said that, the few comics (copper age) that I keep an eye out for have been slowly creeping up in price (10-20%) the past few weeks. But I have an extremely narrow perspective.

-Terry

Ok just a general question since everyone was talking about Rat Queens. How many copies would you guys by on the 1st issue regular cover if you could find them? Just curious came by some today and trying to decide whether to go back and get more. Have my one copy and a spare one at the moment.

ok have to wait until the credit card company sends the new card. had an unauthorized transaction on it so they cancelled the card and are sending out a new one said 3-4 business days and then Ill go back may email them and get them to hold at least a few more copies, even though dont think they will sell out of them.

Since they are still there, I wouldn't draw attention to them unless you have a rock solid friend willing to hold them. I also don't believe using credit cards to buy comics but maybe that's just me. There are enough costs to reselling without adding interest to the mix imo.

Since they are still there, I wouldn't draw attention to them unless you have a rock solid friend willing to hold them. I also don't believe using credit cards to buy comics but maybe that's just me. There are enough costs to reselling without adding interest to the mix imo.

This is something I've talked about with a few others.

I buy everything with cash or ( debit ).

Buying "hot" books on credit is risky business.

It can get you into big trouble , fast.