• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

I've found more than a few #2's recently for cheap but did not buy a bunch. I have a few though. #11 seems to have been dry in my parts for awhile now. I just never see them in store boxes, or if I do, the store is asking too much for a beater. It is like some stores were trying to cash in on a book that wasn't ready to be cashed in on yet.

#11 is not as obscenely common as #2

this "set" notion is precisely why I have been buying 11s when I see them as well as the 2s.

that price still doesn't make sense given the # of other copies out there on ebay, but i wonder if maybe there weren't that many other opportunities to get a #11 at the same time as #2 on ebay at that moment?

I'm tempted to say that the German version of Giant-Size X-men is "heating up" but rather I think there's going to be one very disappointed buyer:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Giant-size-xmen-1-/151415706803?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item23411454b3&nma=true&si=cGhNWzAsp2GLsmCYshZeS80DpOY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Greg Horn is having a monster year with these GameStop quickie sketch slabs. People are paying stupid money for these. I can understand a few hundred bucks but $6K?!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Death-of-Wolverine-1-CGC-9-8-REMARKED-GAMESTOP-SKETCH-FADE-variant-by-GREG-HORN-/361047770795?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&nma=true&si=7ZQhT0RpD3IDSzUAyCPrayEDEkE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Greg Horn is the greatest artist of our generation.