• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

WD 127 heating up

I think you missed the boat on that one. It was selling for more the first two weeks it was released.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=walking+dead+127&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I agree about the timing. I do believe this book could end up being significant with Magna and BERNIE being introduced. They may end up being unimportant bit players but it doesn't seem like it to me. Bernie is a living legend :grin:

What if Bernie is the person speaking in the group of walkers ?

Let's be honest. The first appearance of Gabriel is worth something and he's the most irrelevant character ever. Or maybe the Chew Preview makes it worth something.....

As far as heating up goes.

Edge of Spider-Verse #2 & Outcast #1 1st Print sells for $8

Edge of Spider-Verse 1:25 Variant sells for $50 Easy

WD 127 heating up

I think you missed the boat on that one. It was selling for more the first two weeks it was released.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=walking+dead+127&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I agree about the timing. I do believe this book could end up being significant with Magna and BERNIE being introduced. They may end up being unimportant bit players but it doesn't seem like it to me. Bernie is a living legend :grin:

Let's be honest. The first appearance of Gabriel is worth something and he's the most irrelevant character ever. Or maybe the Chew Preview makes it worth something.....

It's Chew.

and this one is still hot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superman-Adventures-5-1997-NM-9-6-White-Pages-/361058830218?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5410c8878a

Edited by MrWeen

WD 127 heating up

It's Chew.

and this one is still hot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superman-Adventures-5-1997-NM-9-6-White-Pages-/361058830218?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5410c8878a

It's strange to me that the Chew preview outsells the Walking Dead Preview (Capes and Agents).

I bought a few of those Edge of Spiderverse #2 based on your recommendation. I certainly don't regret it. Thanks (thumbs u

You're welcome. I actually didn't buy many regular covers like I should have. I spent most of my money on the variants.

I also don't recommend the new Thor. I don't see it lasting and besides regular Thor sales were mess anyways.

Edited by SteveoSupremeo

I had not heard of DC's rub and smell comics until now but I am wondering if the value decreases when the comic no longer has a smell.

I wonder if the addition of this "smell" is harmful to the book over time? Is it even worth picking up if the smell greatly increases the degradation process of the comic itself?

Totally was thinking that. I wonder what they did end up using.

"There are a variety of other novelty premiums that can be incorporated into labels and wrappers. For example, micro-encapsulated fragrance and press varnish technologies are known. This technology, known generally as “SCRATCH & SNIFF” has been used as a sampling medium for perfume companies and has been printed on inserts distributed at department stores, for use in magazines, in children's books and the like. In this invention, micro-encapsulated fragrance technology can be incorporated into the labels or wrappers either as a play premium or as a method for allowing a manufacturer to preview one or more scents either within that particular product or as a panel of scents for related products. In this technology the fragrance is incorporated into capsules and the capsules can optionally be incorporated into an ink. Abrasion of the surface containing the capsules result in the release of the fragrance. FIG. 15 provides a label 162 with at least one fragrance-associated ink image 164. Scratching of the image 164 (FIG. 15A) results in release of the fragrance (FIG. 15B). In one example, a shampoo or perfume manufacturer can incorporate their fragrance on a label for consumer use. In another embodiment, a fruit juice manufacturer can print one or more fruit scents on a particular beverage label for play or for marketing purposes. Micro-encapsulated technology is known in the art including SCIENTIFIC technologies (Sandy Alexander Inc., Clifton, N.J.) or micro-encapsulated technologies, such as those available from Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing (St. Paul, Minn.)."

WD 127 heating up

Time will tell. I've sold a few raws recently >$20. I'm thinking its got legs, but Ive been wrong before.