• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

My money is on Iron Man 55. That book is cooled slightly due to NM98 wagoneers.

:whistle::gossip:(shrug)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, just make sure you sell them before he dies. Villain books never hold up their movie hype once the villain is done.

CBT,

I really appreciate the input. I really enjoy the issue. I am not sure what to do with them, but I do enjoy staring at them every other week :whee:

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

R_H

Regardless of any movie hype, this was a notable book back in the 1980's and is popular today and will remain relevant in the future.

I'm not a fan of the inflation due to film exposure, personally. I feel it's short lived in the supply and demand chain.

I do think this book is awesome because the artwork is by Jim Starlin and it's a "1st Appearance" book of some major and minor characters.

I'd keep the 9.8 and sell the rest based on the hype, starting with the lowest grade and releasing them slowly not to flood the market. Then use the money towards other books you want or keep the cash, so long as you remain profitable in selling them, don't worry about if the books continue to rise, just be happy you're pulling profits off the table and moving that money toward other things you may want or need.

So this is happening on the bay...Ride the wave...

Wolverine 80

Wolverine again

Ending Soon

Wolverine ending soon

About time. I stockpiled those years ago when I was a dealer.

I think it's a really cool "1st appearance". It's nice to see an editorial team pay attention to details from the past when creating new stories/characters. (thumbs u

It's sort of like how in the 1990's those 1960's Marvel "Prototype" character books started to become notable.

I think it's INCREDIBLE HULK #184 in the "Letter's Column" there's a reprinted panel appearance of Wolverine and had fan editorial reaction to the character. At home point some were speculating on that book to be worth something other than the common book that it was.

If people are interested and want something, creating demand, the supply starts to diminish and values go up, regardless of if people believe the hype is artificial or debatable. I think this makes for a nice addition to any X-23 "fan's" collection, but it's a "cameo" / "mention" at best and not a visual 1st appearance of the developed character.

Much like when Sue Storm Richards was pregnant... was that the 1st Appearance of Franklin?

Edited by AKA Rick

There was an article on Bleeding Cool or some other place speculating that SpeedBall would be coming to Agents of SHIELD this year.

When I was old enough to know better I used to get a chuckle out of the character's name as I thought it was cool as a kid buying books back then.

Edited by kimik

Well, it seems to be selling for no more than a book that size would be cover-priced at today. But still, it's selling. I kind of expect that any first appearance of a Marvel character is going to have a buyer if it's not outrageously priced at this point.

lol that test tube BS and people putting it in their sale title is a great way to assemble a list of sellers I dont want to buy from.

It's a like a hype/pump detector.

Its mostly clowns from the google plus group.

Same people who pushed Scalped 43 being the first appearance of Southern Bastards.

sounds like a good group to be part of....

I wonder if there is a scene in wolverine 50 where wolverine takes an extra long bathroom break....AND that's the first appearance of x 23.....

lol that test tube BS and people putting it in their sale title is a great way to assemble a list of sellers I dont want to buy from.

Same people who pushed Scalped 43 being the first appearance of Southern Bastards.

Yea, those guys are . Of course if you stated the facts right it might be different , but who's got time for that.

My money is on Iron Man 55. That book is cooled slightly due to NM98 wagoneers.

:whistle::gossip:(shrug)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, just make sure you sell them before he dies. Villain books never hold up their movie hype once the villain is done.

except thanos ain't gonna die

except thanos ain't gonna die

except, he isnt going to forever be relevant, dead, or made irrelevant is the same thing. Maybe they keep him "alive" for future use, but post infinity gauntlet, he's done either way.

He doesnt make it past Avengers 3, if he is even that villain, which isnt guaranteed, but highly likely.

Yea, those guys are . Of course if you stated the facts right it might be different , but who's got time for that.

Anyone who has browsed that group knows there are plenty of bad apples there, just as there are here, who have no scruples when it comes to buying/selling their wares. Lots of new money in the comic collecting world to take advantage of over there, so it isn't the least bit surprising.

Anyone who has browsed that group knows there are plenty of bad apples there, just as there are here, who have no scruples when it comes to buying/selling their wares. Lots of new money in the comic collecting world to take advantage of over there, so it isn't the least bit surprising.

Not really sure what you're referring to. It's not a buying and selling group for one. Two, if you're referring to the Scalped issue you're taking it out of context like many did on here.

Not really sure what you're referring to. It's not a buying and selling group for one. Two, if you're referring to the Scalped issue you're taking it out of context like many did on here.

Its not a buying and selling group? The first post on the main page is the site owner running a raffle. Plenty of buying and selling goes on there, either through private sales, ebay listings or via links to the buy/sell/trade sub-forum on the blowout cards forum.

Also lol at the site's owners and mods crapping on Indy for posting links to his external site where he features book speculation. That guy has made hundreds if not thousands of dollars for many members of that group. Similarly linguini and larry have been treated like garbage there, as has that topher guy from investcomics.

But yes please tell me again how that board is entirely credible. Oh wait, you're a moderator there...don't even bother.