• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,770 posts in this topic

Guys your missing the point here. Its her first 616 appearance, second overall, and first time on a cover with Silk, Spider-man. Low print run combined this is going to be a key book. If you don't think so then clearly you don't understand moderns.

When was the last time someone got really jazzed about "2nd appearance overall"...? I can't recall that label designation on any CGC slabs, or any books that have appreciated in value as a result.

First 616 appearance? Really...? That's also a tremendous stretch.

Low print run? 3000+ for a fabricated shop variant cover is not a low print run, and ASM 9 will have a very HIGH print run.

First time on a cover with Silk and Spider-Man...? :facepalm:

Sorry, think I'll hold out for her first crossover appearance in the 616 with Miles Morales (which will also be her 17th overall appearance, but only her 12th cover appearance, and her first cover appearance with President Obama and three members of NKOTB). That's obviously where the money is.

When was the last time someone got really jazzed about "2nd appearance overall"...? I can't recall that label designation on any CGC slabs, or any books that have appreciated in value as a result.

X-Force #2? (shrug)

Obligatory IH 181 post

Guys your missing the point here. Its her first 616 appearance, second overall, and first time on a cover with Silk, Spider-man. Low print run combined this is going to be a key book. If you don't think so then clearly you don't understand moderns.

When it takes you more than three words to describe why it's a key it's probably not a key.

X-Force #2? (shrug)

Sure, this is now paying off well to everyone that held that book for 23 years. :)

What's the rate of return on the original investment after holding a worthless book for 23 years until someone actually cares? I don't know about you, but I prefer my flips a little bit quicker than that.

When it takes you more than three words to describe why it's a key it's probably not a key.

This.

Also makes me wonder how many copies of EoSV 2 he has. I'm just guessing, but sounds like he missed the boat entirely, so now he's grasping at straws for the next one. Totally conjecture on my part, of course.

WE all should know that there is a market in making region, shop or area specific variant covers.

WE all should know that sometimes there is a lot of money to be made.

WE all should know this is an element of the 90's creeping back into modern collecting and it sucks.

WE all should know that I am a hypocrite.

However, that does not make moderns heating up on ebay.

Ray J has a point

This is a moderns heating up thread not a how much will these books be worth 2-10 years from now. Wishing this thread would get back to that and not all the poo poo on variants or why moderns shouldn't be heating up. Oh well (shrug)

Not trying to poo-poo or naysay. Honest. :foryou:

Just offering a counter point or two. The beauty of having this community and thread is having like minded collectors share their thoughts. I have books in my boxes I wish I'd thought twice about before loading up on.

Think of it like the comic collecting equivalent of 'friends don't let friends beergoggle'.

X-Force #2? (shrug)

Sure, this is now paying off well to everyone that held that book for 23 years. :)

What's the rate of return on the original investment after holding a worthless book for 23 years until someone actually cares? I don't know about you, but I prefer my flips a little bit quicker than that.

Hatter always going to hate/ :roflmao:

X-Force #2? (shrug)

Hatter always going to hate/ :roflmao:

Yes that's correct - you'd have to be a Mad Hatter to get excited about X-Force 2 (or, for that matter, anything else created by Rob Liefeld).

This is a moderns heating up thread not a how much will these books be worth 2-10 years from now. Wishing this thread would get back to that and not all the poo poo on variants or why moderns shouldn't be heating up. Oh well (shrug)

Not trying to poo-poo or naysay. Honest. :foryou:

Just offering a counter point or two. The beauty of having this community and thread is having like minded collectors share their thoughts. I have books in my boxes I wish I'd thought twice about before loading up on.

Think of it like the comic collecting equivalent of 'friends don't let friends beergoggle'.

+1

I am not argue who's wrong, who's right or which book is first appearance of CM. Just saying the market so far: AVSM9 beating out CM1 in sold price and more consistent. Market determines which appearance is more important even if they are wrong.

CM #1, Sales of Single issue, not in combination of any other book, from Nov 1 to Nov 6:

Nov 6 $22.99

Nov 4 $5 sold 28 copies

Nov 3 $15

Nov 3 $3.29

Nov 2 $49.99

Nov 2 $1.29

AVSM9, Sales of single issue, not in combination of any other book:

Nov 4 $34

Nov 4 $3.99

Nov 3 $34.99

Nov 3 $34.99

Nov 3 $23.70

Nov 2 $24

Nov 2 $23

Nov 2 $27.99

Nov 1 $23

The Avenging Spider-Man #9 thing started with a comment I made at the bottom of this post. For real.

We all run around in circles when something gets optioned to maybe someday be a movie.

Whereas Disney's Big Hero 6 actually came out this weekend, got good reviews, and looks to be #1 at the box office. BH6 books are indeed selling at nice prices for a mid 90s marvel book, but I'm surprised we haven't had any talk about them here, or seen a spike in prices now that the movie has landed.

Any thoughts?

We all run around in circles when something gets optioned to maybe someday be a movie.

Whereas Disney's Big Hero 6 actually came out this weekend, got good reviews, and looks to be #1 at the box office. BH6 books are indeed selling at nice prices for a mid 90s marvel book, but I'm surprised we haven't had any talk about them here, or seen a spike in prices now that the movie has landed.

Any thoughts?

Sell while you can, because next year nobody is going to care. (shrug)

It's been my impression that people don't want Marvel lite, they want Marvel. BH6 is about as Marvel lite as you can get.

Good cartoon though. (thumbs u

Edited by rjrjr

X-Force #2? (shrug)

This statement pretty much sums it up. :facepalm: