• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

That was a great buy. Someone bought 10 sets ! :D

I got 10 @$20 per and they arrived in 2 days from TX to Ohio. Books were packed well and in great shape. GREAT SELLER!

I think that seller had 100 sets or something. He really moved tons of them. Wonder how he got em now when their so hot hm

We all run around in circles when something gets optioned to maybe someday be a movie.

Whereas Disney's Big Hero 6 actually came out this weekend, got good reviews, and looks to be #1 at the box office. BH6 books are indeed selling at nice prices for a mid 90s marvel book, but I'm surprised we haven't had any talk about them here, or seen a spike in prices now that the movie has landed.

Any thoughts?

It will continue to get bigger with repeated viewings on Netflix and the Disney channel. I think the confusion is what is the real true first appearance,and the how the Dragon, Robot,or Marshmallow guy =Baymax.

What I find significant right now is the Baymax action figure is the number one best selling action figure on Amazon.com. Yep, Baymax is out selling Batman and Spider-Man action figures. This tells me Baymax is going to be huge like Groot.

We all run around in circles when something gets optioned to maybe someday be a movie.

Whereas Disney's Big Hero 6 actually came out this weekend, got good reviews, and looks to be #1 at the box office. BH6 books are indeed selling at nice prices for a mid 90s marvel book, but I'm surprised we haven't had any talk about them here, or seen a spike in prices now that the movie has landed.

Any thoughts?

It will continue to get bigger with repeated viewings on Netflix and the Disney channel. I think the confusion is what is the real true first appearance,and the how the Dragon, Robot,or Marshmallow guy =Baymax.

What I find significant right now is the Baymax action figure is the number one best selling action figure on Amazon.com. Yep, Baymax is out selling Batman and Spider-Man action figures. This tells me Baymax is going to be huge like Groot.

The problem:

The Marvel source material is barely like the Disney material.

Any thoughts?

The baymax in the comics are nothing like the one in the movie.

In Sunfire and big hero six he is a humanoid Robot that can transform into a dragon ( he is not a permanent dragon, He only fights in dragon form)

In BH6 2008 series he is a larger more rounded metal robot. Resembles the look more, but still not a marshmello.

I think the main difference is he is not the goofy battery dying laughable robot from the movie in ANY of the comics, no matter how he looks. He is actually very serious in the comics.

Regardless, Sunfire and Big Hero 6 # 1 is the first appearance, by over three months.

Read here.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8000157#Post8000157

Any thoughts?

The problem:

Exactly. Its seen a good uptick in price, but hasn't blown up because of that, and the fact they didn't make a new series to coincide with the movie.

It will grow as long as the movie holds up, its a 12 rounder imo, not a first round KO.

Any thoughts?

The problem:

Exactly. Its seen a good uptick in price, but hasn't blown up because of that, and the fact they didn't make a new series to coincide with the movie.

It will grow as long as the movie holds up, its a 12 rounder imo, not a first round KO.

Agreed

What happens if Disney makes a sequel or trilogy? Big Hero 6 has already beat Wolverine`s 2013 movie opening. I would keep an eye on it for long-term growth.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Any thoughts?

The baymax in the comics are nothing like the one in the movie.

In Sunfire and big hero six he is a humanoid Robot that can transform into a dragon ( he is not a permanent dragon, He only fights in dragon form)

In BH6 2008 series he is a larger more rounded metal robot. Resembles the look more, but still not a marshmello.

I think the main difference is he is not the goofy battery dying laughable robot from the movie in ANY of the comics, no matter how he looks. He is actually very serious in the comics.

Regardless, Sunfire and Big Hero 6 # 1 is the first appearance, by over three months.

Read here.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8000157#Post8000157

Was a great movie! Took the boys and we all loved it.

Was nice to see to see in the title sequence based on the characters from Man of Action studios...of whom Seagle and Rousseau are a part of. I also enjoyed the character concept sketches posted on Bleeding Cool for Alpha Flight 17 ;)

Just when you thought it was over...

Night night :)

Any thoughts?

The problem:

Agreed

What happens if Disney makes a sequel or trilogy? Big Hero 6 has already beat Wolverine`s 2013 movie opening. I would keep an eye on it for long-term growth.

Woah, disney trilogy? That would be awesome

Edited by jreezy

Any thoughts?

The problem:

Sorry but I don't really think this matters at all. If the movie proves to be a huge hit the very few appearances of these characters will only continue to rise in value. The earliest appearances are not that easy to find.

I would keep an eye on it for long-term growth.

Sorry, but . . . :roflmao:

Now that I think about it.

lol

I don't find it a completely far fetched idea. (shrug)

The box office take makes a sequel (sequels?) quite likely. Who's to say that Disney can't or won't grow this property.

Somebody mentioned this the other day but it has risen since then. ASM #9 ComicXposure variant

$31

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-9-ComicXposure-Variant-Gwen-Stacy-NM-Pre-Sale-RARE-L-K-/151465990057?pt=US_Comic_Books&autorefresh=true&hash=item23441397a9

Edited by The Authority

A week later and still using the digital image? hm

(shrug)

It isn't my book but the guys ratings are good. I wouldn't sweat it if I wanted it. I don't have a single one of these. I'm just sharing the news.